#12 Cloudy –Part 2

Living With the Love of My Life

Warning : This part is very very absurd. Be careful with gramatical errors and typos.

 

Junhee’s parents rushed to the door the moment they heard their daughter’s scream. Her mother had a ladle in her hand and her father had a golf stick.

 

“Baby, what’s wrong? Why are you screaming?” her mother asked her worriedly. Junhee didn’t answer and kept looking angrily at Yifan instead. Both of them almost had a mini heart attack as they witness a roll of tears rolled down her cheeks dramatically.

 

“No, Sir, Madam, I can explain-“

 

“You, you! What is it? Why is my daughter like that? WHY!” he asked angrily while swinging his golf stick carelessly to Yifan’s legs, made him jumped to avoid it. Without saying a single word, Mrs. Kim guided Junhee to go inside. Yifan couldn’t just fail to notice her scary glare to him.

 

“Please, Sir, could you give me a minute to explain it. I didn’t come here to make her cry, I swear” Yifan tried to stop what Mr. Kim did with the golf stick. Mr. Kim looked surely scary.

 

“You! Sit there!” he commanded while pointing to the sofa. Yifan hurriedly took a seat before he went mad again. “Now explain to me whatever you do until my daughter screamed like that!”

 

Yifan took a deep breath. “Before that, I’m really sorry for making Junhee upset. I know I have a gentlemen promise with you, Sir. It’s all my fault, I was to busy with myself that I couldn’t spare even few seconds to reply her text-“

 

“YOU WHAT?!”

 

“No, really, I regretted it. I mean, I’ve been pushing myself to finish all of my work which due to next three weeks so I can take your daughter on trip like I’ve promised her” Yifan tried to stay calm and explained carefully. “I read the messages. Those’re my source of strength. Whenever I felt tired or stressed, I read her messages. But I was too afraid to reply it”

 

Mr. Kim’s expression hadn’t return fully bright, but it became a little bit more relaxed than before. “You should’ve reply, Young Man. What did I tell you about making may daughter upset or cry?”

 

Yifan smiled. “It’s a bit embarrassing,” he replied with hesitation. “Mr. Kim, reading her text and looking at the photos she sent me actually made me miss her more and more. What would I become if I replied to her text? I couldn’t just cancel all of my appointment and delegate all of the work to my secretary, don’t you agree?”

 

 

Mrs. Kim tried to coax her daughter to tell her everything instead of just be on her belly, with her head hid in the pillow, body fully covered with the comforter and cried like a baby she was. “Come on, baby. You can share everything with me, hmm?”

 

“I don’t to see him! What is he doing here?” she yelled, annoyed. Her voice couldn’t be heard clearly as it was muffled by the pillow. “He is ugly, he is smelly, he is messy. He looks like a fat, dirty, sick panda”

 

Mrs. Kim smiled slightly. She wanted to laugh at her daughter’s cuteness but of course she didn’t have heart to do that. “Hey, darling. Remember what you told me about compromising?” she asked softly while caressing her crown of head that not well covered by the comforter. “You understand well the theory. I’ll give you an A+ if it were one of the courses you take. But why are you bad at the practice?”

 

The cute mound on Junhee’s bad moved slightly. Her crying also subsided little by little. “Why are you saying like that? You’re my mommy, you have to be on my side!”

 

“I’m not taking any side here. Listen to me, I know there is a big difference between both of you. It can be a big problem, but you’ve been doing so well, Junnie. You have tried to hold back, not to nag at him, not to explode when things aren’t going your way. It’s a time bomb, baby. You have your limit. I understand if one time you explode everything you’ve been holding back,”

 

“It’s normal. Don’t worry” Her mother smiled shootingly. “Maybe in this case I think Yifan made a mistake too, but I don’t think that makes you think you have the right to shout and slam the door in his face. Not only for me, but for everyone, it’s impolite”

 

“But I’m angry. He didn’t even reply my text or tell me what he’d done this week. I’m so worried, and now he appears before me looking so tired, pale and not healthy makes me more worried”

 

Her mother took her into her arms and rubbed her back in circle. “Both of you are cute. Now get up. Let’s meet him downstairs and apologize”

 

 

Yifan and Junhee were left alone in living room after Mrs. Kim ensured her husband they would be okay. The atmosfer was so awkward that Yifan was afraid to make a move. “I’m sorry” he tried to be gentle as ever. “I don’t intend to make you upset and cry”

 

Junhee didn’t utter a single word. She just played with the sleeve of her oversized sweater dress. She pouted more, clearly demanded him to know that she’s angry.

 

“Did you cry a lot? Your eyes look puffy and red”

 

Junhee just shook her head. How could he see her eyes when all she did was looking at her white-purple bunny-shapped slippers?

 

“You look ugly” she said flatly. “I like a handsome man that looks neat and smells great”

 

“I’m sorry, it was just that I couldn’t take it anymore. I miss you”

 

“Don’t come find me looking miserable. It’s scary” that was all she said before rose from her seat and left Yifan alone. He couldn’t ask as she already disappeared. She came back bringing a towel and clean clothes. “I borrowed from Daddy. Take a bath then have dinner with us”

 

 

Hyung!” Chanyeol called him. Yifan faced him with a smile and raised one of his brows as if asking what happened. “Stop smiling like that! It’s getting weird”

 

“She’s just sooo cute. I want to bite her white cheek but it’d make her angrier”

 

“I’m so sorry that she is the girl you’re in love with,” Chanyeol claimed. “you’re the most creepiest person when it comes to love”

 

“Let me be” Yifan replied with sing-a-song tone. “I’m hungry. You said you will buy me lunch”

 

“Yeah, yeah, let’s go”

 

 

“Noo! I don’t wanna! Let me go home” Junhee protested while Baekhee was busy pulling her out of the car. After Junhee stood steadily beside her, she bowed slightly to Junhee’s driver before the car drove off. “Baekkie, I’m sleepy. I want to sleep? Do you have to grag me out?”

 

“I have to. I’ve something to tell you” she said while smoothing Junhee’s bang. “I miss going out with you. Both of us were suffering from exam, yet you don’t want to go out with me. Fine” Baekhee said with sadly.

 

“Fine. Let’s just go in, I’m hungry” Junhee shook her hand and they went in to the café. The second they got inside, Junhee’s eyes were as wide as saucers. It was the café she and Yifan had lunch that time! She suddenly had a feeling something would happen. She just walked behind Bekhee like an obedient puppy. She had her senses back when Baekhee greeted somene.

 

“Hi, Babe!”

 

WHAT?!

 

 

Now Junhee sat in front of the couple (Junhee hated to admit that) with crossed arms. Beside her, sat Yifan with questioning look on his face.

 

“Smile, Junnie,” Baekhee said like a mother to her daughter, her arms linked around someone’s arm that Junhee didn’t like because he was Baekhee’s boyfriend. “don’t pout like that. This is way I dragged you out of your bedroom. So, he’s Park Chanyeol, my boyfie” she grinned innocently.

 

“For how long”

 

“Almost six month, I think” she answered and looket at her boyfie who smiled warmly at her. They looked so happy and lovey-dovey.

 

“You didn’t tell me you have a girlfriend” this time was Yifan who asked with sharp tone.

 

Chanyeol just teased Yifan by rubbing Baekhee’s hand lovingly. “So, Baekhee’s bestfriend is your girlfriend?”

 

“He’s not!” Junhee snapped, surprising everyone. “He’s not my boyfriend” Junhee looked at Baekhee who glared at her. “Look, Baekkie, if you drag me out just to show your boyfie off, I’m going” she said before stood up and hurried to leave.

 

Three of them blinked, not really understood the situation. “Hyung, go! Why are you still here? This is why you never date, aish” Chanyeol commanded.

 

 

“Junhee! Wait!” Yifan called. Junhee didn’t stop, she just walked and walked. He ran after her and finally he managd to grab her wrist. “Junhee, please”

 

“What?” she asked without facing him. Her tone was dry. He lift her face then he could see that her eyes were b with tears. “What are you doing?”

 

“Hey, why are you crying? What’s wrong?” he asked softly. Junhee chocked on her tears and held his hands.

 

“Why, huks, she didn’t, huks, tell me that, huks, she has a boyfie? Huwee” she stomped her feets like a kid and that looked so cute to Yifan. “Why, huks, she keeps it from, huks, me?”

 

Aigoo, don’t cry” Yifan patted her head. He looked around, the streets were not so crowded. “Hey, let’s look for something to eat. What do you want?”

 

“Hing, patbingsoo”

 

 

That day, Yifan didn’t go back to work. He accompanied Junhee spending her day. Junhee didn’t talk much. Yifan assumed that she was still upset over her bestfriend having a boyfie behind her back. “I’m still mad at you. Don’t talk to me” yes, he was about to add that. She was still upset at him.

 

Yifan tried to make Junhee speak, she could tell him everything, but she didn’t. All that came out from was “I want to eat that” and “Don’t wanna”. She drove Yifan crazy. They just walked around the streets, sometimes stopped to buy drink or snack, until the sun set. Junhee refused to have dinner with Yifan, so he decided to walk her home as she didn’t want to take taxi or bus.

 

Half way to her house as Yifan felt their walk got slower and slower. He looked at Junhee whose hand still hold his, but her steps were not steady. “Junhee?”

 

“Hm?” she responded weakly. She couldn’t lift her head and looked tired. That second, Yifan realized that Junhee was sleepy. He got worried and decided to piggy back her. The moment she was on Yifan’s back, she didn’t make a move, fell asleep almost instantly. He was adjusting her position so could be more comfortable when he heard she murmured very softly and sleepily.

 

“He’s not my boyfie. Yifan’s not my boyfie”

 

He just smiled sadly and replied “I’m not”. Didn’t want to feel upset at her, he continued to walk her home.

 

After they got in front of Junhee’s house and Yifan was still doubting how he could pressed the bell, the door was opened. “Oh my baby, Junhee!” her mother was there, shock and relief was over her face. “What’s wrong with her?”

 

“She’s asleep” Yifan wishpered, too afraid to wake her up.

 

“Let’s put her to bed. Omo omo..” Her mother directed him to Junhee’s room and helped him opening the door. Yifan laid Junhee down carefully then her mother took her shoes off. “I’ll change her clothes. Will you wait outside?”

 

“Oh yes, I’m sorry” Yifan said, feeling embarrassed. He left her room and met Junhee’s father.

 

“Where’s my daughter?” he asked tartly. “What did you do this time?”

 

“We met at lunch and something happened” Yifan replied. Seeing the father’s not satisfied expression, Yifan told him everything, of course he kept the part Junhee murmured that he wasn’t her boyfie all to himself. The father just nodded time to time when Yifan explained. “You better not making my baby cry” he warned Yifan after he finished.

 

 

Two days after that, Junhee asked Yifan if they could meet, and now they were inside Yifan’s car. The atmosfer was so awkward. Both of them stayed silent. Junhee was busy playing with her phone and Yifan did nothing except glancing at her time to time.

 

“I’m sorry” Junhee suddenly said with small voice. “I’ve been really childish lately. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I was easily got upset and angry over the smallest things. I wasn’t being myself”

 

“I'm sorry too for showing up on you celebratory dinner looking so messy and ugly” Yifan replied in casual tone. “I will try to look smarter and smell better”

 

“I didn’t mean like that. I was just very worried because I couldn’t reach you almost the whole week. You didn’t even call or text me back”

 

“I'm sorry again for making you worried, but your selcas terror were cute. I could go to hell to get them” Junhee smiled shyly. “Hey, I just want to tell you that I’ve done most of my work and my secretary can handle the rest, so do you still want to go on a trip with me?”

 

Junhee looked at him in disbelief. “I thought you’d canceled the trip because I was annoying”

 

“Of course I won’t just cancel it without asking your opinion”

 

“When can we go?”

 

“The day after tomorrow or three days from now?”

 

“Cool! I’ll tell daddy!”

 

And Yifan couldn’t be happier seeing Junhee smiled so widely.