#11 Cloudy --part 1

Living With the Love of My Life

Junhee was laying between her parents on her parents’ bed. She felt like back to time she was around seven, still small enough to cuddle with them. The good thing was her parents’ bed was large enough for three of them, giving her chance to be a cute cuddle monster. She was in her father’s arms and her mother patted her hair slowly. “I wish I were six years old so I could ask you a big pink cotton candy and a huge plushie” she whispered.

 

“Yifan can do that to you”

 

“He’s busy” she said flatly, a hint of upsetness could be heard. “I can’t reach him these last two days and he never texts me back”

 

She could feel her daddy took a deep breath. “You want me to come to him?”

 

“No, he’s busy. The busier he gets, the faster his work get done and we can go to the trip”

 

“We can have a vacation trip by ourselves, baby”

 

Junhee opened her eyes. “Can it happen after I go with Yifan? I want to go to our house in Jeju-do with daddy and mommy”

 

“Okay maybe we planned your marriage too early. Way to early” Junhee’s father sounded upset. “What should we do, Yeobo? We’re not our daughter’s top priority anymore”

 

The mother and the daughter just laughed it off. “I still love you the best, Dad” she kissed the hurt feeling away.

 

 

Almost a week Junhee had been waiting. A simple text would be okay, but no, not even a single sweet good morning came into her phone. She looked at her phone with a blank face. She was upset, yes. She was worried, yes yes. She missed him, yes yes yes.

 

“I don’t think he will appear from your phone, Junnie” Baekhee said after took a seat beside her. “Try to contact him”

 

“I did. Every morning, before I went to bed, and five minutes ago” Junhee sighed. “Is it because he doesn’t like me anymore? Maybe I’m too traditional?”

 

“You’re not. You just keep everything within a line so everything can go properly” Baekhee patted her arm to calm Junhee down. “Have you tried visiting him? You can go to his apartment or to his family’s house”

 

“No, I will never visit house where a single man lives in. Should I visit his mother? But I have visited her three days ago”

 

“Was that when she literally dragged you to mall and blew all of her money?”

 

“Hm hm,” she murmured in agreement. “I will disturb him. I will send him cute selcas terror so he can’t focus on work”

 

 

“Yes, please arrange the meeting summary and give it to me within half an hour. Is Mr. Yamamoto already in meeting room 3?” Yifan asked his secretary.

 

“He is, Sir. Can I say something, Sir?”

 

“What is it?” Yifan halted his steps and faced his secretary.

 

“You look very tired, why don’t you take an hour break, Sir?”

 

“I can’t. I must finish all of my work-“

 

“But most of them can be done until next three weeks. You have done eighty percent of them in this week, Sir”

 

Yifan sighed. He knew that his body is dead tired that moment. He had been lack of sleep for the last four days. Good thing that he hadn’t been collapsed. “I work like this so I can get married, so shall we get to work?”

 

 

The exam result is out!

That was Bakhee’s text to Junhee a few minutes earlier and now Junhee wa logging in to her university website. She shut her eyes tight and her hands were sweating. Her lips moved chanting prayers she could pass the exam with flying colours. After a minute, she opened her eyes and she froze at the moment she saw her result.

 

she cried happily and then jumped out of bed. She jumped up and down like a rabbit and searched for his mother in the TV room. She smooched her mother’s cheeks and hugged her tightly.

 

“Why? What’s wrong? I heard you cried”

 

“I passed this semester. I’m soooo happy. I love you” she smooched her once again.

 

“I’m so proud of you, darling. You only have a year left, right? Oh my, my daughter is so grown up” she patted Junhee’s face with teary eyes. Clearly seen that Mrs. Kim was so proud of her. “Let’s have a festive dinner, what do you want to have?”

 

 

Junhee put the last plate on the table and her eyes were roaming around. Her father’s and her favourite foods were on the table. Her mommy was still preparing the dessert in the kitchen and her daddy was watching TV whilst waiting. “Daddy, dinner’s ready” she called after her mother put a plate of pudding on the table.

 

“Wow, this is great! Yeobo, you sure Junhee cooked all of my favourite foods by herself?” her daddy asked teasingly.

 

“Of course, why don’t you believe me? You have asked that question for the third time” Junhee pouted at her daddy but then smiled happily. “Take a seat, Dad, Mom”

 

Before Junhee sat down, the bell was rung. “Who has an appointment?” her mommy asked eyeing Junhee and her father. Both of them shrugged their shoulders at the same time.

 

The bell rang again. “Okay, I’ll get it” she headed to the front door and after she opened it, she had the most turbid facial expression she ever had. Her face turne red. “I don’t want to see you!” she cried and slammed the door.

 

 

Yifan close the last folder fo that day and rubbed his face with his hands. A little bit more, he said internally. He glanced at his phone, it was turned off all the day. He turned it on and the next two minutes, the phone showed so many messages he got and calls he missed. 17 missed calls and 32 messages. Most of the missed calls were from his mother, but most of the messages were from Junhee. He read them one by one. He smiled from ear to ear since Junhee sent him various messages, starting from a simple greetings, reminder not to forget his meals and breaks, cute whiny messages until cute selcas terror.

 

Yifan downloaded all of the photos and made one of them as a wallpaper, the one which Junhee made a kissy face to the camera and winked her right eyes. He made a kissy face too to his phone then let out a chuckle at how silly it was.

 

He stood up and decided to go to her house. He tidied his desk and stormed out of the office. He stopped by her mother’s favourite bakery to buy cupcakes with pretty icing. He also got two beautiful scarfs for Junhee and her mother.

 

His car stopped in front of Junhee’s house. Yifan tidied his appearance and smelled himself, regretting his decision coming there without taking a bath first. He wiped his face with wet tissue in the car and stepped out of it.

 

He pushe the bell button but no one answered. he waited for a minute and rang it again. He could hear the coming steps. The door was opened and there was standing pretty Junhee. But her expression turned dark the second she saw him, even her eyes got teary. Yifan was about to say something when she cried “I don’t want to see you” then the door was slammed hard, leaving Yifan dumbfounded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

beware of gramatical mistakes and typos. thank you for reading