- Team Taoris

Team Taoris vs Team Kray

“Ahh…” Chanyeol yawns hooking Kris around the neck as they walk through the SM EXO high school quad together.

“Are you trying to get lucky?” Kris smirks, noticing Chanyeol’s arm.

“You wish.” Chanyeol says smacking his gum between his teeth before blowing a bubble at Kris. “Although it wouldn’t kill you to try and meet someone before the school year ends." He takes his arm off the tall brunet to swipe the basketball that Kris had been holding. “You know, just once before you graduate? It’s our senior year  and in four years you’ve never once been on a date.”

 “So?” Kris quickly takes the ball back. Kris has seen enough drama between Chanyeol and his on again off again boyfriend Baekhyun to think maybe dating wasn’t for him.

So, those looks are wasted on you.” Chanyeol sighs, shaking his head. Kris laughs looking at his best friend not noticing a small person walking straight towards them hitting him in the arm as he passes between them.

“Whoa,” Kris jumps back. “excuse us.” He says but the person has his hoodie up, ear phones in and is scrolling through his phone as he keeps walking.

“Rude.” Chanyeol says in a mock offended tone.

“Guess he didn’t hear me.” Kris shrugs watching the small person walk away as he and Chanyeol keep walking in the opposite direction.

Lay lowers his hood after walking a few more steps, takes the headphone out of one of his ears and looks around.

“Did someone say something?” He asks out loud to his surrounding. When he doesn’t see anyone near him he shrugs and keeps walking on his way, placing his ear piece back in place.

“Guys, guys!” Baekhyun and Chen run up to Kris and Chanyeol almost out of breath.

“There’s a new transfer student,” Chen huffs.

“You came running up to tell us that?” Chanyeol says, popping his gum.

“No, he’s different than anyone we’ve ever met.” Chen continues talking through deep breathes.

“Spit it out boy,” Chanyeol leans in with his hands in his pockets a little intrigued now.

“He’s hot.” Chen says catching his breath.

“And rich.” Baekhyun adds and Chanyeol smiles.

 

-x-

It wasn’t hard to spot the new kid. Everyone was crowding around the entrance to see him. He was slim and tall. He had piercings along one ear slightly covered by his dyed blonde hair, black shades, which went well with his leather jacket and black ripped skinny jeans. He was leaning against a black Mercedes-Benz C class stretching and yawning, looking kind of bored as what looked like his chauffer or maybe butler talked with the principal.

Chanyeol followed Baekhyun and Chen, pulling a reluctant Kris along with him. They found their other friends Kai and D.O. who were saving a spot for them at the front of the crowd.

“Who is he?” Chanyeol asks almost immediately, putting his arms around Kai and D.O's shoulders while Kris sighs uninterested taking a spot next to Kai. He's eyes wonder over to the new kid and there is something about him that is different and sort of intimidating. He's just cool. He wonders if the kid feels like an animal at the zoo, having so many people stare at him. But he looks like he's used to it as he doesnt shy away when some of the girls pull out their phones to snap a picture and evens smiles at a few of them. He's interesting. Kris thinks and doesn’t realize he has a dazed smile on his face until he notices the new kids face is turned towards him. He can’t tell if he really is staring at him specifically because of the sun glasses but in nervousness he looks away turning red.

“His names Huang Zitao.” D.O. says as Chanyeol cranes his neck to get a better view. “He’s a junior who just transfered from SM Elite. Apparently his dad owns one of the top 10 Korean Entertainment Companies in the nation. So supposedly he has a lot of friends who are kpop artist.”

Seriously?” Chanyeol almost spits out his gum. “We got to be friends with him.”

 “Psh. Yeah like he’s going to want to hang out with us.” Chen shakes his head.

“Oh, yeah” Kai lets out an airy chuckle. “Then why is he looking over here and waving.”

All the boys look towards him in shock. He is looking in their direction with a wide smile on his face and indeed waving. It takes them by surprise even more when he starts walking towards them and they move around adjusting themselves nervously. The closer he gets the more apparent it becomes who he is actually staring at.

“Hi” Tao says standing in front of Kris and everyone’s eyes are on them.

“Hey.” Kris says back, he finds it very hard to make eye contact, looking around for somewhere else to stare but he sees eyes watching him from every angle.

“Are you scared of me?” Tao chuckles noticing Kris's awkwardness, and he takes a step closer to Kris tilting his head curiously and a little cutely, Kris is taken back but forces himself to look him in the eyes…well sunglasses.

“No.” Kris says, now staring straight at him. Tao removes his sun glasses to show his cat like honey colored eyes that seem to sparkle and they only add to the boys attractiveness and cool fasade and Kris has to look away again which makes Tao giggle.

“You’re cute.” Tao says biting his lower lip, staring intensely at Kris. The words are strangers to Kris, he's a giant with angry bird eyes. No one's ever called him cute before...yet this boy is looking at him like he's a lost puppy. “I’m Zitao, What’s your name?”

“He’s Kris.” Chanyeol intervenes taking Tao’s attention away from his best friend for the first time. “I’m Chanyeol, and that’s Baekhyun, Chen, Kai and D.O.” He points out all his friends who all bow politely with stupid grins on their faces.

Tao bows back at them but his eyes keep darting back to Kris.

“Master Huang” Tao’s chauffer makes his way through the crowd. “Please don’t run off like that Master Huang.”

“Sorry Heechul.” Tao bows towards his chauffer before looking over at Kris again. “I saw something that interested me.”

His chauffer looks over at Kris disapproving “Yes, well...come now. I have your schedule here, let’s find your classes.” He puts one hand on Tao's back using the other to usher students out of their way as he walks Tao away from the crowd.

“I look forward to seeing more of you Kris.” Tao shouts over his shoulder.

The crowd disperses leaving Kris’s friends staring at him in awe. Kris looks around awkwardly before making eye contact with them again.

“Dude.” Chen says dumbfounded.

“This is the greatest thing that has ever happened to us.” Chanyeol almost looks like he wants to tear up with joy. “Did I say your looks were wasted? I meant they’re a blessing!”

“What do you mean?” Kris raises his eyebrow at him.

“Bro, Tao wants you.” Kai says slack jawed, with the rest of Kris’s friends nodding strongly behind him.

“Shut up.” Kris says walking away from them but is followed by his admiring fans…I mean friends.

“How can you deny he wants you?” Chanyeol asks clapping Kris on the shoulder. “He picked you out from how many students?”

“A lot” Chen and Baekhyun say together.

“Ok, so? What am I supposed to do about it?” Kris says knocking Chanyeol’s hand away.

“Ask him out.” D.O. replies as if it’s obvious.

“But I don’t even know him.” Kris retorts.

“That’s what dating is for, genius.” Kai rolls his eyes.

“Yeah and while you make friends with Tao, we’ll make friends with his friends.” Chanyeol smirks and Kris’s other friends grin in agreement.

“I don’t know.” Kris says rubbing the back of his neck. It’s true there was something about Tao he couldn't ignore but was it attraction or admiration? And what did he have to offer that Tao would find interesting? What if Tao found him boring? “I-I’ll think about it. I have to go.”

“What for, it’s lunch time?” Chanyeol called after him.

“I have to study I have a test next period.” Kris calls back. He did have a test but in actuality he just wanted to be alone. He had had enough of people surrounding him for one day. He walked a small ways before seeing the library.

“That’s supposed to be a quiet place, right?” Kris says to himself never having actually been in the school library. He decides to try it out.

 

** While everyone was staring at the new kid **

“So Xiumin caught me checking out Sehun’s and now he’s giving me the silent treatment. I can’t help that Sehun has a nice .” Luhan talks his friend’s ear off as they head to his locker.

“You can help looking at it though.” Lay teases, leaning against the lockers beside Luhan’s.

“Have you seen Sehun’s ?” Luhan looks wide eyed at Lay. “No one can help looking at that.”

Lay laughs. Luhan and his boyfriend Xiumin are always getting into fights and it usually involves Luhan flirting and Xiumin getting jealous.

“Are you sure you won’t come to lunch with us?” Luhan whines as he switches out his Chemistry book for his Algebra one. “Suho think’s you’ve died and Sehuns forgotten what you look like.”

“I walked to school with them both this morning.” Lay jeers.

“Yeah but they’re both very dumb.” Luhan adds with a smirk making Lay laugh.

“No, I have a test in Calculus I should study for.” Lay say’s pushing up his glasses that are one size too big and make his eyes look large.

“That’s not till next Friday, we have that class together.” Luhan frowns.

“Well you’re welcome to join me.” Lay smiles at his best friend.

“In the library? Tch. No thank you.” Luhan waves at his friend as he walks away. “I’ll meet up with you afterwards. Wait for me.”

“Alright” Lay waves back heading to the school library.