Don't Cry

No FAIR in FAREWELL
 

Several hours had passed when Taehyung finally woke up. To his surprise, he sees the ever familiar glow-in-the-dark stars he put up on the ceiling – he’s already back in his room, and it’s already eight o’clock in the evening. He got up slowly, struggling to recall what exactly happened. He then remembered the immense heat, his heavy breathing and the blurring and spinning of surroundings.

 

How exactly did he end up in his bedroom again?

 

He wondered whether he was too engrossed with his morning walk that he passed out unknowingly again (which nearly happened a few years ago), or if he had been sleeping the whole day and was just dreaming.

 

Taehyung removed the sheets covering his body and immediately got out of bed. He nearly lost his breath when he sees an unknown figure in the couch at the far edge of the room.

 

He was sure that he was alone for the day because his parents abruptly went out to arrange his medical appointments and they’ll be back anytime tomorrow morning.

 

They’ve entrusted his care to Hoseok – their family’s loyal butler who lives just across the street. Even though it’s supposed to be Hoseok’s day off, the butler ever so kindly checks in on him every hour of the day. He was more like Taehyung's second family to be honest. Hoseok always treated Taehyung as his own ever since he was little.

 

Maybe it was Hoseok who put him in? It’s unlikely, because he just snuck out this morning and told his parents he'd be back before the day strikes noon. Hoseok wouldn't know that he was out till noon, that’s for sure.

 

He slowly walked towards the figure – now getting more visible. There, he saw a sleeping teenage boy with tousled red hair. His head was peacefully leaning on the huge bag beside him.

 

So it wasn’t a dream after all. He finally remembers every single detail.

 

“How long are you going to stare at me like that, Taehyung?” The stranger asked, hands folded across his chest. As Taehyung was staring for too long, his mind didn't even fully register the other's question.

 

“H-how did you know my name?” Taehyung asked in a startled tone, answering the stranger’s question with another question.

 

“I already agreed about going to the same school right? We’re in the same class for most of our subjects, that’s how.” He replied, eyes still closed.

 

“Then how come you know where I live?” Taehyung asked, ignoring the fact that the boy seemed to pay attention to him at school. Not that he wasn't noticeable, Taehyung belongs in the cream-of-the-crop group after all.

 

“I just know.” The stranger answered, this time while opening his eyes. He looks up to Taehyung with a smirk curving his lips. “You may not know me, but I know you very well, Kim Taehyung.”

 

Taehyung’s eyes widened as he felt a churning feeling in his stomach. He didn’t expect those answers. They were too precise to overlook. His brows furrowed as he tried to recall where or when he might have encountered this man.

 

“You retained the habit of answering questions with questions huh?” The stranger spoke again, his tone a bit more relaxed than before. He seems to have noticed Taehyung’s overly confused expression so he tries to lighten up the mood. It didn’t work.

 

“You must’ve forgotten by now but that’s okay, people change and they tend to forget,” he smiled slyly while extending his hand, “Jeon Jungkook, it’s nice to meet you again, Tae.”

 

Taehyung’s eyes grew even wider. He was taken aback by the revelations the stranger – who now has a name – was telling.

 

Jeon Jungkook? So that’s why he seemed familiar! Taehyung argues in his thoughts. He was the boy in his class who always skipped but got away with it because he aces every examination he takes. No wonder he rarely sees him. He was skipping classes while Taehyung was often home-schooled due to his unstable condition.

 

It wasn't particularly about how this Jeon Jungkook guy knew where he lives or what his full name is that Taehyung was surprised about, it's his usage of his common name 'Tae'. And the way Jungkook pronounced his name casually, it was like they've known each other for years.

 

He felt light-headed for a moment, sinking the flooding thoughts in the deepest parts of his head. He needed to keep his balance and his breathing steady before he can speak again. Taehyung doesn’t know why his heartbeat was pacing big time. He wasn’t even tired and the temperature in the room was enough for him to handle but what is this? It's like he's being helplessly cornered.

 

He ignores the uneasy feeling and shakes Jungkook’s hand in return. “Yeah, it’s nice to meet you again, Jungkook.” He felt the need to emphasize the word ‘again’.

 


 

It was ten o’clock when Taehyung heard his parents’ car tires screech in the parking area below. It is way too early for them to be home! He thought. They must have hurried on their way back. Hoseok must have informed them about what happened earlier. Or was it really Hoseok?

 

A few minutes later, heavy footsteps began dragging up the stairs. Taehyung’s parents hurriedly went up to his room with his mother checking every part of his body for bruises and such while his father just mimicked his mom’s actions.

 

Taehyung was surprised when they didn't even pay the slightest attention to the stranger there in the room with him. But instead they thanked him for bringing their son to safety again. His parents seemed to have known Jungkook for a very long time.

 

Thoroughly confused is an understatement in describing the feelings Taehyung’s currently in.

 

Taehyung explained Jungkook’s current situation to his parents over dinner. They offered for him to stay in the house for the mean time but Jungkook immediately rejected, telling them that he’d be fine on his own. That was when Taehyung suggested that Jungkook stay at his friends’ dorm since they’ve been looking for another occupant.

 

Dinner has finally ended. It was the longest one Taehyung had ever experienced. He felt uneasy with Jungkook acting differently since he woke up. The first time Taehyung talked to him, he acted rather coldly but now he’s so permeable. Definitely not the Jungkook he met this morning.

 

Tension filled the empty space they were both in. Taehyung’s parents insisted that Jungkook stay for the night and since this was unexpected, Jungkook had to stay in Taehyung’s room. Of course in his room. Taehyung didn't welcome the idea.

 

Their guest rooms were a mess given that they rarely receive guests since they moved into this neighborhood not long ago. They had to for Taehyung, because his case can only be handled by the doctors within this area.

 

“You know what? Too much morphine intake makes one forget some of his memories.” Jungkook said, his voice breaking the silence between the two. There are no extra beds available for the night so they had to share. Of course they had to share. Taehyung screams in his head in frustration.

 

“Yeah, I heard. I guess that’s why I tend to forget things a lot. I also find it hard to remember things particularly, so yes, I think that would be true.” He answered, while turning his back from the younger. This situation was knocking him out of his breath.

 

“So I’d take that as a statement from experience? I thought so.” Jungkook responded. He noticed Taehyung had rolled on to the other side.

 

“I guess he doesn’t really remember.” He whispers, soft enough for Taehyung not to hear. 

 


 

It’s really frustrating for Taehyung because this scenario is too erse in its own way. Guys alone in one room, sharing one bed, less than a meter apart wasn’t really the most comfortable situation. His parents may have had a 'sibling' kind of thought because they trust Jungkook too much. Why? He doesn't even know.

 

He couldn’t care less though. Yes, Taehyung was sick but this didn’t hinder him from having relationships back then. He had tried getting involved in commitments but the latter constantly found it unfair. As soon as Taehyung narrates his story along with his illness, he receives the words "I'm sorry, I can't do this" as a reply. This happened unfailingly over the years. For reasons like these, he stopped liking people intimately. His system unknowingly set up fences to repel any kind of attraction. In fact, when someone confesses to him, he drives them away even when his feelings were mutual.

 

Taehyung didn’t lack anything in aspect. He was among the talks of the campus considering he was consistently an honorary student. He was also one of the most influential students of his batch being a member of The Orchestrates – Taehyung plays saxophone but had to stop due to his complications. He was bubbly, kind and down-to-earth despite his achievements. He never discriminates and invariably treats everyone equally. He was one of the most approachable which led to the attraction of many.

 

Kim Taehyung was known for being exceptional for he had the charm, the intelligence, the talent and the attitude. But like any other things, there always comes an exception. And his was the deficit years to perpetually be good at everything.

 


 

“H-eee-lll-pp!! Ughhhh ughhh…. H-he-e-e--l-lp! HE-EEE-LLLL-PPPP!! So-mmme-ooonee, plee-aase!! ” was all Taehyung could mouth, with so much water entering his system. He couldn’t feel his limbs. He was struggling for air but water was all there is. He had stumbled in while no one was around.

 

“H-e-l-p, pleeeeaaasee! Ughhhh ughhhugh eehrmm ehrmmm…………….ughhhh ughh.”

 

A gigantic amount of water was about to wave in but he couldn’t move away to avoid it. He was in deep exhaustion. Taehyung was sure he’ll get swallowed up anytime soon. He couldn’t breathe. He couldn’t move. Even struggling was impossible in this state but he still tried his hardest to get anybody’s attention.

 

A minute of calling and still no one came. This was it, he thought. He can’t hold on any longer. He was beginning to feel nothing.

 

His sight began to deteriorate along with his hearing. Everything went dark soon after. Everything felt cold and all that’s left was his heartbeat slowing its pace. All the warmth left his body. All his senses stopped working. There was nothing but dead silence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And then…

 

“H-hey! Hey a-are you okay? H-hang in there!” A boy’s voice ripped through the silent air. At last there was air! Somebody caught Taehyung’s hand on time and pulled him to the banks of the now tamed sea. He was out in the water for quite a while.

 

When Taehyung’s limbs were going numb and everything was going dark and silent, he felt a sudden force pulling him out of the roaring waves. He felt his chest being pumped repeatedly, making way for water to exit his body. He also felt continuous huffs of air through his mouth, forcing their way to his air ducts. Once again, air filled his lungs and his whole body finally came back to life. He spent minutes coughing off large amounts of water out of his system. It took a while for him to fully open his eyes and speak.

 

“W-who. A-a-are. Y-you?” These were his first words. His voice was hoarse from all the yelling. It was already night time. No wonder no one noticed him calling for help.

 

“I’m ……………” the boy replied. Taehyung finally opened his eyes. His vision was cloudy yet he can say that his rescuer was younger than him. He couldn’t clearly hear what the boy said because his hearing was muffled by the water.

 

“H-how. Did. You. F-f-find. Me?” Taehyung managed to ask. He was so afraid because he thought this was the end. Tears were streaming down his face nonstop. He had unknowingly been crying.

 

“Shhhh. Calm down. Please. P-please, don’t cry. It’ll only worsen your condition.” The boy said, worry evident in his voice and expression. Taehyung finally calmed down with the boy's warmth now embracing him.

 

“W-what. H-h-happened?” Taehyung has a habit of answering questions with questions since he was little. He was too smart for his age that even the slightest detail catches his attention. He tends to be inquisitive regardless of how plain the situation was. But now, all he could think of were these questions.

 

“W-wait! Stay where you are, I-I’ll get help. Here, you can have this to keep you calm. I’ll come back for you. I swear to the stars tonight, I’ll be back!” The boy ran as fast as he could, leaving Taehyung lying in a safe part of the banks. He held onto the boy's promise as he was left with a song looping in his memory.

 


A/N: Please open this link in another tab~ then press play! This is the song I used in this chapter which inspired me a lot. Do it for more FEELS! <3 [SHINHWA - Don't Cry]

https://tuneuplyrics.wordpress.com/2015/03/01/shinhwa-dont-cry/


 

♫♪

 

Please Don’t Cry

You Fall and I Fall
I’m here to embrace all of you
Baby Don’t Cry, Don’t Cry

 

♪♫

 


 

Taehyung's memories flashed through his head like filmstrips from a movie. His eyes swam in tears as he remembers every lingering detail. Every straining force he made, every painful cry for help, every inch of hope lost. He remembered not only the scenes but also the feeling.

 

He was woken up by a repeated tugging and when he finally opened his eyes, he was stunned with the sight of Jungkook – who's now cupping his face with one hand while wiping the stray tears with the other.

 

"Shhh. Don't cry. It was all just a bad dream, it'll pass," he said reassuringly. "Here put this on to help soothe your senses." Jungkook carefully placed his headphones to Taehyung's ears, adjusting it gently in his ears.

 

Then it hit him like a bullet train. Taehyung looked up to Jungkook with wide eyes and slightly dropped jaws. Tears were triggering to fall again but Jungkook catches them with his thumb on time as he smiled his genuine warm smile.

 

The same song from his dream was now playing through the headphones. The same song, looping through his memory since that day, was now back in his ears – back to where it seamlessly belongs.

 


 

A/N:

Happy AFF Birthday to me! :) Hello to my lovely readers, my fellow authors and my wonderful subscribers and upvoters! This was quite a long chapter wasn’t it? Haha I was surprised too. It also took me longer than expected to update but I tried my best to fulfill my promise so here it is! Maybe just a day or two, earlier than the previous one but it’s better late than never right? :3 Anyway, I hope you all liked it. ^^ Well then, till the next chapter update! :D

Special thanks to my ever enthusiastic copyreader / sister for doing the finishing touches on my behalf.

 

P.S: This was made longer to make up for the super late update of the previous chapter. I was so inspired by all your feedback and comments so I continued it, carrying all the love I received. Thank you, really. To my sweet silent readers, thank you for reading my story. I hope to hear from you though so feel free to comment below. Thankies!

 

P.P.S: Please do check out my first ever made VKOOK FMV here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vmMjtwoADo&ab_channel=AlyssaNicoleP.Satorre 

It was inspired by this chapter!! ^^

 

With much love,

alylylove