Journal Entry 19

The Impossible

The stories I couldn’t say all of the secrets I couldn’t do, I want to deliver it today – Taeyeon – U R

 

            Dear Gege,

            I have been thinking more and more about Suho but I am still scared to move forward with the feelings I have for him. I know I like him but I’m scared to make a move. What do I do? What would you do if you were me? I wish you could give me advice?

 

            “Yixing!” Junhong exclaimed after I had picked up the phone. I immediately smiled when I heard his voice calling me from his cellphone because it only meant one thing, he was out of the hospital and back to his home and life.

            “Junhong you’re out!” I exclaimed. “I am so happy for you!” I remembered how great it had felt for me to be let out and it must’ve felt great for him since this was his second time leaving the hospital. “You’re back home?”

            “Indeed I am,” Junhong answered. “And Daehyun and Yongguk will be visiting from China in about two weeks. I will let you know the exact date when I know it but we need to visit soon! I need to celebrate!”

            “Totally,” I said laughing a little bit. “We need to hang out soon and let you enjoy your new freedom. Maybe you can even meet my friends, if you want to that is.” I knew I had told Junhong a lot about my classmates and he had even read the letters they had sent me.

            “I would like that a lot,” Junhong replied. “When I am free I will text you and we can hangout and stuff. I am so excited! I am healthy weight wise and nothing could be better.”

            “Well I am really happy for you,” I said. “But I have to go soon, I am meeting up with Suho. He’s picking me up at my house and we are going to spend the rest of the day together.” I checked out my appearance in the mirror grabbing my MCM backpack to bring with me. “I’ll talk to you later okay?”

            “Okie dokie,” Junhong said laughing a little bit. “Enjoy your day or should I say date with Suho. If anything exciting happens, I want details. Talk to you later.”

After hanging up with phone I headed downstairs to eat a snack, I had about thirty minutes before Suho was going to pick me up. I dug around in the fridge before taking an orange and some leftover bulgogi, heating the meat up in the microwave. I sat down at the table eating my food waiting for Suho to arrive at my house.

Being that it was summer, my parents were gone early in the morning so I was bored when I didn’t have anyone to hangout with during the day. My parents didn’t come home until dinner so I had to pre-occupy myself a lot. I was glad for the days I got to go places with friends. I needed the company rather then just staying by myself indoors all day.

Finally I heard the doorbell ring and I ran to the front door with my things opening it to see a smiling Suho. I smiled back at him before exiting from my house.

            “Ready to go?” Suho asked taking my hand into his squeezing it lightly. I nodded my head smiling brightly at him. “Let’s go then.” He led me to his car before opening the car door for me. “I figured we could go to the clubhouse at Lotte World.”

            “That sounds perfect to me,” I said as soon as he got into the car turning on the car beginning to drive in the direction of Lotte World. “My friend got out of the hospital today.”

            “The tall one?” Suho asked. I nodded my head. “I am happy for him. Is that why you are so happy Yixing?”

            “Yes that is a big part of why I am happy,” I answered. “And I’m happy because I get to spend the day with you.” I blushed a little looking down at my bag that was resting on my lap.

            “Aw so cute,” Suho said. He reached his hand over to find my hand lacing our fingers together. “I am really happy to be spending the day with you too. I always am happy to be around you.”

            “Why do you say things to make me blush like crazy?” I asked looking away out the window. “You’re such a charmer with words.” Suho laughed a little taking the exit off of the freeway to get to Lotte World.

            After about half an hour of driving through the streets Suho parked the car in a private garage at Lotte World as we headed into a side entrance of the park that only his father, him and a few other workers had access to. It was convenient because we didn’t have to go through the main entrance with all the people.

            Finally we were seated down on the floor in the clubhouse surrounded by the explosion of color that I loved so much. I noticed an easel with a cloth on top of it where as all the other paintings were open for the eye to see.

            “What’s under that?” I asked pointing to the hidden painting. I decided that I didn’t want to skirt around the obvious thing that was attracting almost all of my attention. “A new painting?”

            “Yes I just finished it a few days ago,” Suho said nodding his head. “So there is a reason why I brought you here Yixing.” He sighed lying down on his stomach looking up at me. By the look in his eyes I knew that something was wrong.

            “What is it?” I asked. “You can tell me anything that is on your mind Suho. You know that.” Suho nodded as his hand found mine as he held it, rubbing circles on the back of my hand with his thumb. “Hmm?”

            “We’re both going into our last year of high school,” Suho said. “And I want to spend all of it with you, so I’m going to be transferring to your school. But dad said that after Christmas we’re moving to America for a while.”

            I looked down listening to Suho feeling a pain in my chest. Suho was going to be leaving at the end of the year. And I didn’t know how long he was going to be away from Korea.

            “So the thing is this,” Suho continued. He got up off of the ground heading to the covered painting removing the cloth. I looked up seeing another painting of me, but this time I wasn’t alone. I had a bright smile on my face and looked like I was in the middle of laughing with a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. It was Suho standing behind me smiling at me, keeping me in his embrace. “Your eyes, I can see them clearer and there here. You may not notice it but when I look at you now you’re all the way here.

            “And if this is going to be the last year that I get to spend time with you I am going to go out of my box and push you out of yours and ask you this. Yixing you know that I like you more then just a friend. You have also told me that you didn’t want to be in a relationship but if I don’t ask you now I may never get the chance. I have no clue how long I will be gone in America. I would bet all four years of college even after I graduate high school before that.”

            Suho took the painting off the easel setting it down in my lap taking his seat next to me on the floor. He pointed to the painting specifically at my eyes.

            “This is you,” Suho said. “The real you, the happy you, the you I want to date even if its just a little while. Even if in the future it seems like it was a dream. I want to live in the moment and create a million memories with you. But I don’t want to create them with you being my friend. I want to create them with you being my boyfriend. Being someone I can call mine.”

            He took a deep breath after he finished his sentence. The last few bits of words quivering. He was nervous and I was so better. I could only look at the painting feeling my heart racing in my chest at ever word he was saying.

            “Yixing,” Suho said after a moment of silence. “So I’m asking you today if you would go out with me and be my boyfriend. I don’t know what the world will have in store of us at the end of the year but right now the world is telling me I need to step up and ask you now before its too late.” He cupped my face with his hands making me face him. “So,” he said looking me directly in the eyes.

            I stared back into his dark brown eyes trying to formulate a sentence, trying to wrap my head around everything that had just been said. Was I really ready to be in a relationship? Did I have the time to wait? Because clearly that answer was no. Did I want to date Suho, of course I did. Do I want to live outside the box too? Did I?

            “Suho,” I said after a while. “With everything you just said about living outside the box. All the spontaneity that was just said. I’m scared not about the now but about the later. What’s going to happen when you have to go? What’ll happen to us? But if I wait it’ll be far too late, you’re right about that. I have no experience with this and I’m lacking a lot but the fact that you want me to be with you is making me the most happy I’ve felt in a long long time. So to answer your question, I will go out with you.”

            “Thank you,” Suho said smiling at me. “You’re crying.” I blinked finally realizing tears were slipping out of my eyes and down my face. “Yixing you’re so beautiful.” He brushed some tears off my face with his hand, before leaning in slowly. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes as I felt the soft, warm sensation of his lips pressed on mine.

            It was a soft kiss, not one of pent up feelings, it was tender and it was beautiful. Never had I experience a kiss with more feeling in it. I smiled into the kiss, not wanting his lips to leave mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I moved my lips lightly against his.

            Suho was right the painting my eyes were here. I was fully here and I was fully with all my heart kissing him and he was kissing me. This was real and I loved it.

 

            I don’t know what the future will hold for Suho and I but I’m going to make every second we’re together special and meaningful. I’m not going to have any regrets with him. I’ll live in the present at least for now, being happy.

            ~ Yixing

 

So this chapter is long overdue and not that long but I hope you like it anyway. Yixing is still a little nervous but for the sake of everything he still agreed to go out with Suho. So now they are officially together, what the future holds for them even I do not know that yet. 

Thanks, ALSK20