StarrY NighT #2

A Starry, Starless Night

StarrY NighT #2:

Krystal:

I watch the last seconds of the preview of an upcoming drama and then turn the television off to go to work. I wake up pretty early for a person my age. It's a strange habit and even though I sleep pretty late, I still wake up at 7AM sharp. 

I clutch my bag and a couple of files containing stills of models and drive to my work building. I really love my job. It's so much fun ,even though it does get stressful. Our director and editor-in-chief, Kim Jonghyun, first created this company two years after he dropped out of his second year of college. Since then, the company became a little more successful, but not enough that models are dying to take part in our photoshoots.

I take part as the assistant photograpy director, the main director for photography being Sulli.

Sulli greets me cheerfully, when I settle at my desk, and I greet her back. Within an hour, all of our employees arrive and we all are working eagerly together. 

"Krystal Jung! Sulli Choi!!! Come here right now! You too, Luna!!" The director's, Kim Jonghyun, voice was extremely loud and frightening. I nervously rushed to his desk, anticipating for any scolding.

In front of him, there were pictures of potential outfits for a model, specially a male one. Is Choi Minho coming here? 

I push that thought away from my head and listen to Jonghyun carefully. 

"Sulli, who was the model we were supposed to have today?" Jonghyun asked. I frowned. Wasn't he supposed to know that already?

"Jonghyun....how could you forget? He's our first actor-model. Lee Jong Suk." Sulli exclaims.

"I didn't forget. Apparently he did. Our shoot's cancelled for today." Jonghyun sighs, raking his fingers in his hair.

"What?! No! Jonghyun, I made so many plans for him! Who else do we have that is as sought after? We can't afford to hire people like Won Bin and Kim Tae Hee!" Jessica Jung, our creative director, expresses strongly.

"I don't know! We have to find someone else! Sulli, is Eric Nam available?" Jonghyun asks.

"He's promoting his new single, so he might be willing to do this shoot." Sulli says. "I'll call him."

I stare into space for a while when I get an idea. "Sulli, wait! I have someone else!"

~~~

"Miss. Jung, is that you?" Choi Minho steps into the studio with a bright smile. I turn around, smiling from ear to ear. I rush to meet him and hold out my hand.

"Minho-sshi! You're here! Thank you so much for making it. I'm really happy that you were able to come. Thank you!" I shake his hand vigorously, out of joy.

"It's alright. I wasn't that busy today, so I thought 'why not?' And I wanted to see you,too." Minho says.

I blush and look at the ground. It's surprising to see that he wanted to see me like this. I'm not that pretty in simple black jeans and a plaid shirt, or in anything, except maybe a dress, for that matter. "Thank you. Let's get started. I'll introduce you to the person who will managing your outfit, makeup, hair, basically your visual appearance. Jessica Jung. She really is the fashion queen." I lead him to Jessica and leave him with her and her team, so they can get him ready.

I excitedly help to set up the cameras, lights(we have only two technicians), props, and more, when Sulli calls me to her.

"What's up? Is there a problem?" I ask, worried.

"No, everything's perfect. You really are happy that he's here." Sulli smiles.

I shrug my shoulders."I'm happy that he's here and that we were able to get such a good model for our shoot."

"I think you're happier about the latter. Enjoy your date later today." Sulli grins.

I turn to look at her in surprise. I didn't tell her about our little noraebang night. "How did you know? Yah! Did you look through my phone?"

"No. Minho was telling me. I was just saying how you were happy that he came and he told me that he would be going out with you later." Sulli explains.

"Oh. It's a double date, so you're coming with me, okay?" I say.

"Yah, why do you need me?"

"Because he's bringing a friend too! It's called a double date! I just told you! Sulli-yah, you need to come! Please! For me! I promise you that I won't bring you on anymore double dates if you come to this last one! I feel that Minho could be the one!" I say, like the hopeless romantic I am.

She glares at me and walks away, which shows me that she is coming.

"I love you, Sulli!" I call after her, as I go back to my position in the studio.

~~~

Minho really is a model. I mean, he's such a professional that I take longer than usual to take pictures because I am too busy looking at his beautiful eyes, hair, face, and everything really.

I silently scold myself throughout the photoshoot. I don't know why I'm such a lovestruck girl. I read so much fanfiction and love the talent of writers who write them. They make the characters so realistic and make them have problems similar to mine, which makes me feel like I can relate to them. What if I had the same love story as them? It would be so beautiful.

I relax on a chair, fixing my hair in front of a mirror, while Minho is removing his makeup and changing clothes. He finishes and waves at me. I pull a chair closer to me and pat it, signaling him to sit next to me.

"So, Miss.Jung, that was a fun photoshoot. I felt so confident while doing it, so thanks for that." Minho winks at me.

"No, we should be thanking you. Actually, I don't think you will not model for us if I tell you this, so I'll tell you. Actually, this is still an amateur company and actor Lee Jong Suk-sshi cancelled his shoot with us. So, we were so frantic and I said that you could do it. I wasn't sure if you were busy or not, but I called you anyway." I tell him.

"Was I the first person who came into your mind?" Minho questions me curiously.

I debate on whether I should tell him the truth or not. What if he thinks I am desperate? "Yes, you were." 

Minho nods and can't help but smile brightly. I return the smile shyly and we remain in a beautiful silence.

"Okay well. I have to go, my lovely Miss. Jung. I'll see you at noraebang tonight with your friend?" Minho says, standing up.

I look up at him in surprise. Did he just say, my lovely Miss. Jung? He called me his? 

"Minho, what did you just say?" I ask him to repeat those words, just so I can hear him.

"Oh, that. Sorry. That's just something I say to people I feel comfortable near. So, I'll see you tonight?" Minho says, clutching his jacket.

I nod in a daze. He really is amazing. Choi Minho.

~~~

I dress in a pastel cardigan and Sulli wears a flowy dress. We go to the room Minho texts me and there Minho and another fairly handsome man were busy singing a fun, upbeat song.

I watch Minho sing so carefreely and hold back a sigh. He's so precious. What does that even mean? I don't even know him and I feel all this about him.

The person near Minho stops singing and nudges Minho. Minho turns around and he waves to Sulli and me coolly. I wave enthusiastically and Sulli greets him politely.

"Nice to meet you again, Sulli-sshi. I saw you this morning for the first time, right?" Minho greets her.

"Actually, I was there when you first met Krystal." Sulli chuckles.

"Oh. Sorry. I guess I forgot." Minho looks flustered and he puts his hand on the back of his neck. 

"It's okay. I assumed you were too busy looking at your lovely Miss.Jung." Sulli teases about the sweet name he called me today.

"Yah, stop it." I glare at her.

"Hello? I'm still here. Introduce me!" Minho's friend raises his hand, frowning.

Sulli laughs and waits for Minho to introduce her to his friend. Is she attracted to him?  I suspect that Sulli finds him to be good-looking.

"Sorry. Sulli, meet Lee Taemin. Taemin, meet Krystal and Sulli." Minho introduces.

I can practically see the sparks flying between the two as they shake each others' hands. We leave them to talk by the seats, while we go choose to sing a song. 

"Minho, can we please choose 'Eyes, Nose, Lips'? It's my favorite song." I request, staring at him.

"Of course. Here's your mic." Minho hands me a mic and fingers touch. Suddenly, Minho takes my hand and holds it gently. I freeze, feeling and open. Goosebumps appear on my arms and Minho awkwardly lets go, sensing my discomfort.

"Sorry." He mumbles. I mentally hit myself. I can't show affection to people I just met. It's just me. I can't even show affection well to people who are close to me. But I do really like it when people display affection to me. I love it when they randomly hug me. Maybe I'll love it when Minho holds my hand another time.

We continue singing duets to both upbeat and low-key songs and it becomes pretty late.

"Well, I guess we should go now, right Minho?" Taemin says.

"Krystal, I'll drop you." Minho offers. I look at Sulli and she smiles in approval. 

"Okay."

"Minho....what about me? I don't have my car." Taemin whispers rather loudly.

"I don't know. I'll ask my manager to send a car. He's still out with his friends, so it's not like I'm disturbing his sleep." Minho says. Taemin mutters something under his breath and falls against the couch. 

"Minho, it's okay, actually. I can drop him." Sulli speaks up. I stifle a laugh and agree with her.

"Yeah, she can. It'll be fine. I don't think Taemin-sshi will have a problem with Sulli at all." I tease.

And so, Sulli and Taemin, and Minho and I leave to our respective cars.

~~~

"Did you enjoy noraebang?" Minho asks me.

"Yes. Thanks for a lovely night, Mr. Choi Minho." I say, looking at Minho, who is driving next to me.

"It was my pleasure. You know, you're a really beautiful woman." Minho says.

"You know, you're such a flirt." I tease again.

"Yah! I'm being honest!" Minho exclaims, looking at me. My breath stops when we meet eyes. Is this what love feels like? Is it the moment when you look into someone else's eyes and just want to smile all day? Is it when you look into someone's eyes and you're lost in them? 

He breaks contact to keep his eyes on the road and I awkwardly look away. We remain silent for a few moments and I think, what if I made the moment awkward by looking at him in the first place? But I couldn't help it. He's so cute with his big froggie eyes and soft hair. 

"Thank you though. You're a sweet person. I don't know if I'm saying this because I like you, but-wait....never mind." I realize that I just confessed to Minho and I want to just disappear at this moment.

Ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod. Why are you so stupid? Why would you do this? IDIOT. IDIOT. IDIOT.

We stop in front of my house and I pretend to be fixing my bag before I thank him sincerely. 

"Sorry about that. I'm just a stupid girl. Thank you for the ride and the fun night. Good night, Minho."

I open the car door and get out of the car when Minho shouts loudly, "NO!"

I jump and look back at him. "What's wrong?"

He reddens and says, "You're not just a stupid girl, Miss. Jung. Don't think that way. You're perfect just the way you are. So, come to me, my lovely Miss. Jung."

He gets out of the car and meets me at the passenger side. He stops when there is only a foot between us.

"Krystal Jung, can you please be my girlfriend? We never knew that the other existed until yesterday, but I really think you are the one. I know women are shy when it comes to saying yes, so if you like me, come and hold my hand and say 'Hello.Mr.Choi Minho', Miss.Jung. If you don't, just go into your house. So, let me close my eyes and now the choice is yours, my lovely Miss.Jung." Minho closes his eyes tightly and holds his hands out in front of me.

I hesitate for the longest time. Looking at Minho's cute expression makes me want to reach up and pinch his cheeks, but a relationship with a guy I just met in less than 48 hours is too soon. But I can't miss a chance with Choi Minho. He might be the one.

Minho slightly opens his eyes and his eyes express such disappointment that I immediately reach up and cover his eyes and with one of my hands and take his hand with the other. 

"Hello, Mr.Choi Minho."

Author's Note:

Hey guys!

I hoped everyone enjoyed this chapter! 

Wow, there's already so many MinStal moments! But, this is an angsty fanfic, as you can see on the tags.....so beware....

haha, on a lighter note, I'm once again super thankful for all the love<3333

Thanks for subscribing, commenting, etc.!

Expect more sweet MinStal moments in the next chapter!

Thank you and bye bye!