StarrY NighT #5

A Starry, Starless Night

Krystal:

Actor Song Joong Ki is stunning in his tight, black shirt and white skinny pants. His whole outfit can make anyone just pause in awe. Even if I'm dating Choi Minho, I can't just not fangirl over one of my favorite actors as I watch our makeup artists touch him up one last time before the shoot commences.

"Luna, move the light stand over please." I call out, looking into the camera. I've been made Technical Director, which means that not only do I have to capture the perfect shots of our models, I also have to check out lights, fans, props, and other necessities to make sure they're perfect. It doesn't seem right though.

I thought a technical director only did techy stuff, like graphics and special effects and not really interfere in the whole shoot. I guess it's because our company is fairly new, compared to others. We make up our own job descriptions for the customary roles. I don't mind though. Lately, Minho's been working late too so this new position has kept me busy instead of impatiently waiting for him all the time. 

"Krystal-sshi, is this alright?" A technician questions, adjusting Song Joong Ki's collar once more and backing away. I give him a thumbs up and start clicking away. 

Once the shoot's over, I wait for Sulli to be done with her work. 

"Alright, see ya Krys. I can't wait to go home. Today's been a long day, right?" Luna smiles. She's really the sunshine of the company, always smiling even when she says she's tired. I wish I could be like that. 

"Yeah, but it was worth it. We had THE Song Joong Ki over, man." I grin widely. She nods understandingly and waves bye, as she walks out of the studio. 

"Wait, Krys, isn't Sulli at the board meeting? She won't be out for a couple more hours." Luna points out. 

I gasp, shaking my head. I completely forgot. "Thanks, Luna. I would've stayed like this for a while if you hadn't reminded me." 

So, instead, I go home and remember that today Minho's coming over to my house. 

We've been doing this for a while now. Some days, I go over and sleep at Minho's house and other days, he sleeps at mine. Why we just don't live together, I don't understand. Maybe I do. I'm scared of that officialness that comes with living together with your significant other. It's like suddenly you're expected to get engaged, but sometimes that's not the case yet. Things take time. 

~~~

The house feels weird. As if another presence is inside. Maybe Minho's home earlier? 

"Minho-yah? Minho!" I call out, walking around the house. The footsteps become more audible as the person(if it is a person) comes closer to me. They're loud and booming and I know instantly they're definitely not Minho's. 

I grab the thing closest to me-a flower vase, fresh with carnations and water- and hold it protectively. I don't intend to hurt anyone, but if I have to, I will.

The figure comes closer and I see it's a thief. It's all a blur from there. 

I threw the vase in front of him and he slips from the puddle of water created by the vase. He's quick, however, and regains his balance and pushes me aside, rushing towards the front door. 

I grunt and get up, grabbing a photo frame of me and Minho and threw it on him, missing just barely. He turns around, possibly provoked by my stubbornness to stop him.

I gulp and back away. He comes closer and I take a pillow from the couch, as if that will do anything. 

"HIT HER!" He growls and suddenly I feel the sharpest of pain on my back and I go down instantly. 

~~~

"KRYSTAL! KRYSTAL! PLEASE WAKE UP! PLEASE! YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE ME LIKE THIS! KRYSTAL!" I hear a familiar voice shouting in fear. 

"Minho, she'll be alright. The doctor says the bat wasn't metal or anything so the impact was not too severe." Someone(maybe Sulli?) assures.

I open my eyes, rubbing them gently.

"Minho, you need to stop yelling. I'm here right?" I smile, raising my hand up to his face. He looks at me, his eyes red from crying. My heart melts at that. I expect very few people in the world to develop such a relationship with me that they cry if something unfortunate happens to me. I didn't think Minho would so soon. Maybe that's kind of a strange thing to see. I mean, he is my boyfriend, right?

"Krystal. You're awake." He kisses my hand with such great force and then squeezes it. "Are you alright? Is anything hurting?"

I shake my head. I sit up, with the help of Sulli and Minho and look around me. Taemin is standing against the wall. He offers me a small smile and I smile back.  

"Jonghyun, Luna, Jessica, and some of our team came to visit too. They left, though, since today's a working day. I went in for a bit just because I had a conference but I came back right after it was done." Sulli said. 

"How nice of them. I better thank them. Minho, do you know where my phone is?" I look around frantically. 

"Baby, relax. You're not doing anything right now. What's important right now is that you get your rest." Minho says, worriedly.

I nod and lean against the headboard of the hospital bed. Soon, Taemin and Sulli decide to give Minho and me privacy and leave. I wave to them and tell Sulli I'll see her at work. 

I invite him to sleep next to him and he shakes his head.

"Please, Minho-yah. I want you to hold me tightly." I look at him with my pleading eyes and he gives in. I rest against his broad chest and take in his masculine, but at the same time sweet, scent.

"Minho-yah, what happened? I just remember someone breaking into your house and me trying to stop him. And then someone hit my back. And that was it," I wonder.  

"Krystal, we don't know who those people were either. I got a call from your neighbor saying that you were knocked unconscious on the ground. She had opened her front door because she had heard some commotion outside. She saw two people running away and instantly grabbed a telephone to call the police whilst running to your house. And, she found you lying on the ground, still and barely breathing." Minho's lips tightened. 

"It's okay, I'm alright now right? I don't think we lost anything too valuable, so it's okay." I smile, reassuring him.

"Krystal! You could've been killed and the only thing you think about is losing valuables?!" Minho exclaims.

"Minho, some of those things are jewelry my grandmother gave Omma. They mean a lot to me. I want to one day gave them to my children and tell them all the stories Omma told me." I say quietly. He slowly smiles and hugs me tightly.

"My baby is so cute. Don't worry, we'll buy our children the most beautiful jewelry in the world." Minho smiles, kissing the top of my forehead.

I stop a frown from appearing on my face. A three-thousand dollar necklace is worthless compared to a priceless necklace from my grandmother. These are the differences between Minho and me. He has little sentimental value for things like this and believes that money can buy happiness. I hope this doesn't bring any discord between us ever. 

"Yah, can we come in now? I need to see my best friend." Sulli bangs on the door. I chuckle and tell Minho to open the door.

"Dude, guess what, I think Jonghyun and Luna are a thing. I am pretty sure Luna's shirt wasn't buttoned evenly after she came from Jonghyun's office this morning." Sulli giggles, sitting at the edge of my bed.

I roll my eyes and say, "Sulli, you can't just keep imagining things for the sake of your own entertainment. I'm sure she just didn't realize they were like that when she got dressed this morning." 

"Fine, whatever. Krys, I believe that we have to make our lives as extraordinary as possible. But you're just too good to let me make that happen." Sulli smiles.

"But we can do that in other ways. Much satisfying and self-fulfilling ways." I look at Minho and gesture for him to come closer. 

He takes my face into his hands and kisses me tenderly.

"I love you so much, my lovely Miss.Jung." Minho whispers. Taemin and Sulli exchange excited glances. 

"Excuse me? Krystal Jung's room?" A nurse taps on the door before poking her head in. I push Minho away in shock and he straightens himself. 

"Yes, I'm Krystal." I smile. 

"Hello, Krystal. Hope you're feeling better because the doctors certainly think you are. You'll be discharged this evening unless you have any pain?" The nurse informs.

I shake my head. "Nope, I'm feeling great actually. Thank you! This is great news." 

She has me sign a couple of discharge paperwork, just so I don't have to do it later and tells me she'll be back later to check up on me again. I thank her again and grin at Minho.

"I love you, Krystal." Minho takes my hand and just stares at it lovingly. I pull him closely and kiss him hard. This man was mine and I could not believe it still. 

Love you, my Choi Minho.