StarrY NighT #1

A Starry, Starless Night

StarrY NighT #1:

Krystal:

All I want is to love someone. And I mean actually love someone. Not those petty crushes you have in high school. Real, fuzzy love. As of now, I've dated a total of two guys and none of them have made me feel what true love is like. Minhyuk was sweet, but he was too overprotective and tried to impress me way too much. Myungsoo didn't seem to have much time for anyone  or anything but work. I don't know why he began to date me. 

But now, after two years, I am still single while everyone around me is happily dating. In these years, I've lived through nights without a star in my life. But one day, I will find a single star to light up all the other stars in my night.

My mind swirled with random thoughts as I sorted through the images I had taken for a model's photo shoot yesterday. 

"Yah, Krystal Jung! What do you think you're doing?! You've mixed up the dark and light concepts again. You and your daydreaming....I should really find you someone." Sulli chuckles over my shoulder. 

"Ohmygosh! Sorry! I didn't meant to mess up! I'll fix it right away!" I tell my best friend, as well as, manager.

"Okay. Hurry up. We're leaving soon. I'm thirsty. Lets go to our place." Sulli says, picking up her things. Our place meant a coffee shop in which we were regulars. It's funny that we go to a coffee shop, but drink smoothies instead. Both of us despise coffee. 

Though she yelled at me for messing up the concepts, Sulli ends up helping me clean up and we get to leave quicker. I smile at her gratefully. Sulli really is the only friend I can trust. Everyone else I know are just friends, but no one is as close as Sulli and I are.

~~~

I follow Sulli into the coffee shop and bow to the owner, who recognizes us immediately. 

"Krystal, Sulli! It's been a while, hasn't it?" The owner smiles. 

"Yes it has. There's a lot of people today. What's the occasion?" I ask. 

"I don't know. I thought that was funny. But, you two came at just the right time. There's only one more table for you two." The owner says, leading us to a table. We thank him and order our usual drinks.  

"Aigoo...work was hard today. We had such stubborn models." I say, massaging my neck.

"I know....they're such brats. Krys, you should be a model. You're so beautiful and your body is perfect too. What else do you need?" Sulli says. 

I smirk at her comment. "No. I'm never going to model. Its just not for me, Sul. It's too much attention on me and I'll just be really awkward. And, you fit the ideal body type, too. And you are so pretty and flawless. And you're not awkward like I am!" 

"But, I've tried modeling and you know how bad I am. What if I was the designer and our magazine was the magazine you were modeling for?" 

"NO. I will not."

"But, why? You won't be awkward with me and the rest of us." Sulli pleads. 

I shake my head vehemently and my eye catches someone. My eyes widen and I watch him casually ordering something to drink. Sulli follows my eye to him and I spot her grinning from the corner of my eye.

His hair is tousled just right and I just want to run my hand through it. He's pretty tall, too. 

Turn around, please. I wait for what seems like a century for him to show his face. When he does, it takes a lot for me to not gasp. How can someone be this good looking? Krystal, don't get too attached. You don't know what kind of person he is. 

He looks around for a place to sit and I cross my fingers that he sits near us. I eye the empty chair next to me and hope he sits here. 

He begins to walk away from us and I frown. Aiish. Come near me!! 

I look away from him and sip my drink. Sulli looks at me, her eyebrows raised. 

"What are you doing?" She says. 

"Drinking." I answer her. 

"Yah, obviously you were checking out that guy over there! Is he that hot?" Sulli exclaims. 

"Sulli! Be quiet! You're so loud!" I hiss. 

"Excuse me, but can I sit here?" A man looks at me, smiling slightly. 

I gape at him for a second, before slowly nodding. It's him! He's sitting next to me! 

He slightly pushes the chair away from me and silently drinks his coffee, looking at his phone. 

"I'll leave now. See you later, Krys." Sulli winks at me. I glare at her for leaving me alone. 

Suddenly, I'm self-conscious and hug my cup closer to myself. 

"Umm...hi." I say slowly. 

"Hey. Sorry, I was just replying to a friend's message. I'm Choi Minho." Minho introduces himself. 

Choi Minho. I've heard that name before. 

"Choi Minho? I feel like I've heard of you before. What do you do?" I question.

"Me? I'm a model..." He laughs. "Wow, I feel so arrogant saying that. Sorry if I seemed like I was acting too overconfident or something.."

That's right. He is one. I remember looking at his name in our book of potential models. But his laugh catches me off guard. It's so genuine and adorable.

"And you are?" He asks. 

"Sorry." I turn red. "I'm Krystal. Krystal Jung." 

"Krystal. That's a nice name. Are you American?" 

"Yeah....I used to live there with my family and unni. But we moved here twelve or thirteen years ago." 

He bites his lip, deep in thought. I almost squeal, but close my mouth just in time. 

We continue a conversation until Minho checks the time and gasps. 

"Oh, I have to go, Krystal. Can I get your number?" My number? 

I try not to blush, as I enter my number into his phone. 

"I'll text you later, so you can have mine. It was nice meeting you, Krystal. Let's become friends, Miss Photographer." Minho gives me a bright smile, his eyes twinkling. 

"Wait, how do you know I'm a photographer?" I ask, confused. 

"Well, you spoke about cameras, color designs for models, and about how the photo industry is hard. I assumed that you weren't a model because I definitely would've remembered seeing a person like you if you were one. So, I thought you were a photographer. I really want to talk more, but I have to go. Once again, I look forward to working with you, Miss. Jung." Minho waves at me. 

I nod, my hand waving back and forth. I watch him leave, resting my chin on my palm. I am dazed by everything at this moment. Minho is just so interesting. He smiles so easily, has a warm and kind heart from what I can see, is funny, and of course he's hot. I don't think he's dating anyone or else why would he ask me for my number? 

~~~

"So, you're saying that you're smitten with him...Krys, are you sure? You fall for people too easily. I know you want true love, but don't be so desperate." Sulli warns me. I lay on the couch, as she calls from the kitchen.

I shrug her off. My happy days have arrived. This one guy could be the one. Actually, maybe, I'm being childish and unrealistic right now. We're just acquaintances and that's all for now. Don't get too excited, Krystal. 

"But Sulli, he's so...different. And easy to talk to. For Myungsoo and Minhyuk, it took me weeks to just warm up to them. You know I don't like being affectionate. I mean, I like being showered with affection, but I don't know how to show it myself. But with Minho, I feel like I can." I explain. 

Sulli shrugs her shoulders. "Whatever floats your boat, Krys. I don't want to interfere in your love life anymore." 

"I never asked you to. But anyway, I want to see him again. Just for the sake of it."

"Just be careful though. I don't want you getting hurt in the end. He's a model, Krys. You never know how many girls he has dated. What if he's dating someone right now?" 

"He's not. He asked me for his number and then he told me he'd text me so I know his. I'm sleepy. Good night." I end the conversation, walking into my bedroom. I'm not sleepy at all though. I don't know how to explain my thoughts of Choi Minho to Sulli, so I thought it was better to just not talk anymore.

Choi Minho has made my day better with just his first appearance. What if I changed his day too? Not very likely because he's some extraordinary model and I'm just some photographer. But maybe. Just a small maybe. Just this hopes make me feel so much better and I slowly close my eyes, dreaming about my dream boy.

But my sleep is interuppted when my phone beeps. 

Hi, Miss.Jung! 

This is Choi Minho! I promised you I would text you and I did^^

It was fun talking to you today and I was wondering...my friend and I are going to a movie and then for noraebang tomorrow night. Can you and your friend join us? Please?

~Minho

I grin to myself. He invited me and Sulli to go out with him and his friend! This is fantastic! 

Hi, Mr.Choi! 

I gladly accept your invitation :)

I saved your number, too, so feel free to text me anytime! 

~Krystal Jung

And with that, I go back to sleep, ignoring Minho's reply. I can't seem like I'm desperate, right? And I am not. I'm not a love-seeking childish girl. Maybe I am that kind of girl, but I'm not desperate for love. The One for me will come soon, so I won't be persistent for him or her.

A/N:

Hello everyone, bananamilk10 here! 

Thank you so so much for the love! I haven't even updated a chapter and you guys already subscribed! 

I'll try my best to update this story as much as possible!!! 

Thank you for your comments and subscriptions and everything<3333

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter....It wasn't much at first but hopefully you still enjoyed it.

You won't know Minho's thoughts until the next chapter most likely.... or maybe the one after.... i'm not sure. 

But thank you once again and bye bye :)