Chapter 4 (River of Angel Tears)

Because of scars and long sleeved sweatshirts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here it finally is!!!!

 

Minhyuk doesn’t ask what happened. He sees that Hakyeon isn’t in the mood to talk, so he stays silent, eyes focused on the road as he drives back to his apartment. He carries Hakyeons bag up from the garage, under protests from the redhead, who clings onto his arm all the way to the front door.

“I could have carried it myself…” He grunts as Minhyuk puts the bag down next to the shoe rack and pulls his sulking friend inside so he can close the door.

“I know you could have. But you don’t need to. Not anymore. Not as long as I’m here.”

Hakyeon looks away from Minhyuks loving eyes. He’s not ready to face whatever this was. He knew he loved Minhyuk, but was he really IN love with him? Did he really want Minhyuk in the way Minhyuk wanted him? Or was he being selfish and using Minhyuk to his wounds? He knew the answers, but was scared to ask the questions. Because there was no way he could throw away Minhyuk, not even if he knew he was being selfish and that it would be better for the brunette to be left alone. Hakyeon only knew how to be selfish and take whatever left over love he was given, and he up every single hug and warm smile that Minhyuk had to give. Yes, Hakyeon was being selfish, but Minhyuk too, was taking what he wanted, ignoring the voice that told him he was helping no one but himself. They were an odd pair like that, two lost souls that craved love and appreciation.
Hakyeon sleeps in Minhyuks arms the last few hours of that night. He’s warm and sweaty and he can’t move, but he feels secure in Minhyuks strong embrace. He doesn’t mind that Minhyuk wakes him up with his lips around , and he doesn’t mind the kiss they share after he cums, his warm and wet in Minhyuks mouth as they share bodily fluids in between their lips. If Minhyuk wanted , Hakyeon was more than willing to give it. He had nothing of worth, nothing that would make Minhyuk stay. So he let Minhyuk have his body.

They have again that morning, and Hakyeon learn quickly that Minhyuk likes to be in control. Which was fine with him. That way, he could lay there, close his eyes and pretend he was somewhere else. In a much less comfortable bed, in a Jellyfish dorm, with a much taller man above him. He could listen to Minhyuk's groans and hear them turn darker as he pretends there’s another man leaving kiss marks on his neck. On his back in Minhyuks bed, Hakyeon could grab onto his friends dark hair and pretend, if only for a second, that it was Taekwoon that was holding onto him and telling him he loved him. But when it was over, and Minhyuk pulls out of him and scoops him up onto his lap for post cuddles, Hakyeon can no longer pretend. So he cries and hide in Minhyuks arms, hoping that the warmth will chase away the pain. And poor Minhyuk just holds him. He can do nothing but pretend he hadn’t heard another mans name come from his friends lips as he made love to him.
 

When Minhyuk leaves for practice in the morning Hakyeon is smiling as he kisses him goodbye. They had made breakfast together, and Minhyuk had made him a heart shaped fried egg, kissed him and welcomed him to their house. He was glad Hakyeon had changed his mind he said. Happy that Hakyeon had finally realized how good they were for each other. Hakyeon kissed back and smiled. He was happy too, he said. So happy that Minhyuk wanted him. He didn’t tell Minhyuk about the evil things Hongbin had said, didn’t tell him about how Taekwoon hadn’t even been able to look at him last night. Minhyuk was so happy, and Hakyeon didn’t want to taint his love with the disgust of his, apparently, homophobic members.

Ex members.

Minhyuk was shining brighter than the brightest star after breakfast, and Hakyeon almost had to push him out the door to make him leave. He assured him that it was fine, that he would be okay even if he was alone. After almost fifteen minutes of Hakyeon blocking the doorway and sternly telling him to leave, Minhyuk had to trust him.
“You can call me at any time, you know that right? You can call me even if you just want to tell me you realised your nails have grown. You can call me a million times just to say hello and hang up. Or talk to me for hours. If you want to talk, I’m always free,” He says and the side of Hakyeons face. “Don’t hurt alone anymore, okay?”
Hakyeon smiles, half smile half grimace, and nods, telling him to hurry up so he won’t be late. Minhyuk sighs and kisses him again before leaving. The smile lingers on Hakyeons lips long after the door has closed behind the brunette. He touches his lips and it’s almost like he can feel the tingles of blood rushing beneath the skin. It wasn’t love for Hakyeon, but Minhyuk chased away the demons that haunted Hakyeon. It wasn’t the mind blowing, over the top, stomach fluttering love that Hakyeon had dreamed of, and that he at some point at least thought he had with Taekwoon. But it was good enough, and Hakyeon knew not to be picky when it came to love.

I rather have Minhyuk than no one, he reasons as he goes to wash the dishes. The easy work gives him time to think about the night before, and what it meant for VIXX’s future. He hadn’t expected all of them to be able to accept that he was… biual? Gay? Hakyeon hadn’t even admitted his attraction to men fully until yesterday, so he wasn’t really sure what to classify himself as.
No matter what, he hadn’t expected all of them to be fine with it, but he was surprised that Hongbin was so angered by it. After all, it was Jaehwan who had a deeply religious upbringing, and Sanghyuk who was young and stupid. Hongbin was usually very understanding and loving. But maybe, Hakyeon thinks, and has to hold onto the frying pan he’s washing with a firm grip so he won’t cry. Maybe it was less about Hakyeon being gay, and more about the gay person being Hakyeon.
Maybe Hongbin just didn’t like him.
He bites his lip as he finishes up, drying the dishes and putting them in their places. He needs some kind of distraction. With a tub of ice cream he finds hidden deep in the fridge, he hurries out of the kitchen and sits by the TV. After zapping between channels for god knows how long, he settles for some rerun of Strong Heart from 2008. It’s not his favorite show of all time, but it’s a distraction from the mess he called his life.
He spends a few hours on that couch, before feeling hungry again. Then he calls for pizza, and sits back down to go through his SNS. He has no missed calls, or messages, but he ignores the urge to call the members to check on them. Instead, he checks his Twitter and tries to decipher some of the international fans tweets, even sending Minhyuk screenshots of a few so he can ask Peniel to translate. Minhyuk calls him at 2pm, when Hakyeon has almost finished the second pizza he ordered when the first one didn’t stop his stomach from growling at him. They laugh at one of the tweets, one that a male fan had sent and that was overly ual. In fact, Minhyuk said, it had been so ual Peniel had blushed and written the translation down instead of saying it out loud.
When Minhyuk is found hiding in the bathroom by his manager and gets yelled at for stalling practice, Hakyeon can’t hold his giggles. He can almost see the anger boiling inside the poor manager. As the brunette gets dragged back to practice they make hurried plans to meet for dinner later, even though Hakyeon can barely hear Minhyuk as he tries not to choke on his own laughter and the pizza he hadn’t been able to swallow yet.  When they hang up, Hakyeon is still giggling and finally chokes, sprinting to the bathroom to puke somewhere else than on the expensive cashmere carpet. Why Minhyuk has that is beyond him, but he thought puking on it might not be the best start to them living together.
Once he’s cleared his airways of any blocking pizza, he takes a shower and does his hair and makeup, preparing to go out. Minhyuk, Peniel, and Mark, JB and Jackson from GOT7 meet him a few hours later and they all go for dinner. Hakyeon laughs more than he has in a long while that night. Jackson was an idiot, but he was fun, and Mark and Peniel starts confessing their love for each other in english as they get drunk.
Minhyuk doesn’t drink much, so Hakyeon stays off the alcohol as well, happy just to see his friends make fools out of themselves. When they leave the restaurant they film the drunktards as they walk around in Gangnam trying to hit on girls, and Hakyeon kisses Minhyuk secretly in the dark of an alley. He presses the sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter