The Cat's out of the Bag

Unexpected Love

It was magical. 

You and SHINee were singing their new song. As awesome as it was, you hoped no one would notice that you kept looking at you wrist. It was packed with scribbles of the lyrics. It wasn’t like you were going to memorize the while thing in a day. What are you? A genius? …Wait, that came out wrong.

Near the end, you were actually feeling the song touching your soul. Emotions flooded through you and you never felt anything like it. All the anxiety inside you faded away, blending into the surroundings. As you sang with all of your heart, the crowd rooted you on. It gave you the courage to sing louder and higher. When it came to your solo part, you sang to the point that everyone grew silent. Tears were forming in the fans’ eyes. 

Yeah, you were that good. 

The SHINee members gazed on as you were holding the last note of the song. 

Then without warning, your voice cracked. You scanned the area to see if anyone noticed. Apparently, every single person did. Luckily, you had a poker face, meaning no one knew how much you wanted to be dead. God, how you wished you were dead right about now…

“Let’s give a huge thanks to Noona for doing her best!” 

A single clap was heard. Then another. And another. Soon, the whole place was loud again. You snapped out of your trance-like state to see the crowd’s genuine smiling faces. 

 “Kamsamnida!“ you bowed politely towards the crowd and smiled for a brief moment They applauded even more. 

You took a peek to your side and exchanged glances with Taemin. 

Even if you are the enemy of all women, thank you.

The concert came to an end and you were ready to exit the stage. It was finally over.

The SHINee members dragged you backstage, super proud of you. You were proud of yourself, too. While walking, Jonghyun put his arm around you. 

“Aside from that little screw up, you were on fire!” Then, he examined you from head to toe and winked. “In more ways than one.” 

Startled, you tried to cover yourself up with your hands. 

“Aigoo, so cute!” Jonghyun exclaimed. He kissed you on the cheek. 

Taemin was just staring.

Key pulled the flirt away and glared at him. He started whimpering.

“Mian~” Jonghyun said, trying to get on Key‘s good side. 

 Jonghyun’s apology went ignored by Key. He turned to you and smiled, nodding his head in approval. “You did well.”

Onew and Minho praised you too. They joked about the blunder you made though. You gave them an expressionless face and shrugged it off. 

After they finished chatting, you bowed and walked away. As you strolled around, you found a dead end. After you made sure no one was around, you let yourself go. Tears formed and effortlessly streamed down your face. You had been holding it in for a while. People probably didn’t think much of what happened on stage but to you, it was the most frightening thing ever. When your voice cracked, you were at the brink of crying right on the spot. Your legs didn’t have any more strength and you crumbled down onto the floor. Having millions of people watching you was scary enough. Imagine how you would feel if you made a fool of yourself in front of them.

“Noona? Where are you?” 

Taemin? You forcefully wiped up your tears and tried to get up. 

“I found you! Huh, were you crying Noona?” He looked surprised.

“B-babo! Who was crying?!” You tried to restrain your tears. 

Taemin gently caressed your face and smiled.

“Then why are your eyes red?” 

“My eyes got angry and turned red!” you babbled.

“…Then why are they wet?” 

“SWEAT!” 

Taemin burst out laughing after your quick answer. 

“Haha! SWEAT! Your eyes were SWEATING! Omo, my stomach hurts.” 

You blushed. Why exactly did you say that?! People usually say they got something in their eye. Whose eyes freaking sweat?! 

After awhile, you started laughing too. Your stupidity was actually pretty funny. Pft. Sweat. Your eyes were dried up and the incident before didn’t bother you anymore. For some reason, you were grateful that Taemin was there.

 You bent down and watched Taemin practically dying on the floor. As he tried to catch his breath, he found you staring at him. He was flustered but in a quick instant, returned to his old self.

“Hey, noona, why were you crying? Was it Jonghyun? Because I could beat him up if you want,” the little maknae said.

“No, its nothing. Don’t worry about it Taemin.”

“But I want to. Whatever makes you sad, makes me sad too.” He leaned in closer.

“Huh? Why’s that?” you ask.

What was Taemin up to? You avoided eye contact with him. 

“Because I really like you noona. You’re my first love…” He lifted your chin up and smiled like the little (fake) angel that he is. 

“I’d be really upset if you don’t look at me when I’m confessing noona,” he continued.

“S-Stop it Taemin. I know I’m not your first love. There are so many other pretty noonas.” 

You felt that things were about to get dangerous and tried to back away. Too bad that you were at a dead end though.

“But you are. Why would you say something like that?” He pouted, but inched closer and closer to you. 

“Because I heard about your bet!” you blurted. You gasped and tried to cover up your mouth. You did not just say that.

Taemin stopped pouting and smirked. 

“Hmph, so you did hear.”

THE END. 

THANKS TO ALL THE READERS AND SUBSCRIBERS FOR KEEPING UP SO FAR.

Ive been busy and basically, i didnt know how to start off the chapter. I got writer's block and everything -,-

Anyway, now that its the end of chapter 5, i can start on chapter 6. Look foward to it!