An Eventful Concert

Unexpected Love

Taemin discreetly clicked his tongue at the interruption.


You jumped off your seat, relieved you didn’t have to answer Taemin. You asked what happened in the most worried tone you could pull off. Your dad was the next to be worried except he wasn’t faking the emotion like you were.


The staff brought in the female singer who was covering her face and sobbing. Did the anti-fans insult her to the point where she cried? It made sense since she was going to sing along with the hottest boys anyone could ever meet. Or did Taemin do something to her? In your mind, Taemin had become the enemy of women.


The staff placed their hands on her shoulder and told her to explain what happened. Unwillingly, she tore her hands away from her face. It was completely bloated and red itchy bumps consumed every inch. It was an allergic reaction.


“What did she eat?!” your dad asked furiously. 


She didn’t know. The only thing she was allergic to was grapes and she hadn’t eaten anything all day. 


Everyone started pressuring the female artist to recall anything. Anything at all. Your dad slowly raised his hand and caught everyone's attention. 


“I kind of fed her grapes...”


Appa? How? Didn’t she say she didn’t eat? He was absolutely making no sense. 

He looked down and continued.


“…in the form of flavored water.” 


He felt embarrassed that he was the one who was angrily looking for the culprit of the entire mess…only to find out it was himself. Now what were they going to do? 


The staff had already tried begging some of the SNSD members to sing her part. In the end, they refused. It would only increase their number of anti-fans. 


He was filled with dread. All the fans had paid for their tickets, expecting SHINee to sing their new song with that swollen-faced girl. As SHINee's manager, he felt he was responsible.


"Manager-sshi! I got a great idea. Let noona sing."


What the heck Taemin?! Please let the "noona" you were talking about be one of the staff members. Sadly, you knew it would be weird for SHINee to be singing with them since they were noonas/AJUMMAS. That left you as the only possible noona that he could be talking about.


“N-no! A-Aniyo!” You looked at your dad and you fiercely shook your head. Your dad was actually considering it! 


You immediately looked at Taemin, practically begging him to take back what he said. He stared at you for a few seconds then decided to just smile and wink. 


Yeah…Not very helpful, Taemin.


"Appa, I don’t know the words!"


One of the staff members ran out and returned with a sheet of paper with the lyrics of the song. Talk about prepared. 


"…I…I…Umm, I can’t sing! My voice is terrible!" 


After hearing those words, your father's last shred of hope died. Seeing him like that made you feel terrible and guilty.


Your father and SHINee exited the dressing room, ready to announce that the concert was going to be cancelled. In the distance, you could hear fans cheer louder and louder. They were all about to be disappointed once SHINee got onto the stage.


You sighed heavily. "What am I supposed to do?"


As the night continued, the crowd chanted "SHINee, SHINee, SHINee!" They were completely hyped up. The manager sighed and signaled for SHINee to go up onto the stage. As they got up, they were welcomed by adoring fans that quickly seized the chance to take pictures and record videos.


"Hello, we are shining SHINee," they said with little enthusiasm. "We are glad you came here to support us but we have some bad news. We can’t start the conce---"


Suddenly, the song started to play. Jonghyun, Onew, Minho, Taemin, and Key were all puzzled and looked around to see if someone would explain what was going on. They weren’t supposed to sing, right? 


The staff jerked their heads towards the left side of the stage. They looked to that direction and froze up after seeing who was there. 


A unique voice suddenly sang along to SHINee's song. The fans followed their Oppa's (SHINee's) gaze and their mouth literally flew open. At the corner of the stage stood...


Your father. 

He couldn’t live it down. The show must go on! As he sang, everyone was speechless as they awkwardly stared on. His voice cracked a billion times but he didn’t stop. Trying to entertain the fans, he danced to random songs like Abracadabra, shaking his hips from side to side disturbingly. 

One of the staff members couldn’t take it anymore and dragged your appa off the stage and alerted the others to restart the music. As it, once again, started playing, someone new came onto the stage. The girl caught everyone's attention way more than your dad. 

It was you, wearing a pure-colored white dress with your long beautiful ash brown hair.



Time to shine.

SPECIAL THANKS TO MY UNNIE WHO PROOFREADED EVERYTHING SO FAR. She got mad and made me erase her name. lol xD i love you~