Appa's job.

Unexpected Love

 

"Appa!"


Even though you were breathless, you ran full speed towards your dad who had his arms wide open. Yeah, it was pretty dramatic. You could hear the muffled laughs of other students, but you didn’t care. You missed him. It’s been a few months since you've seen the guy.  


You hugged him, squeezing him tightly. After that heartfelt reunion, he led you to the car and began driving onto the road. He asked how school was and you told him that Chung Ho was being such a jerk just because you said one measly joke. Then the conversation wandered to your dad's job and how busy it made him. He talked about SHINee and their new upcoming song featuring some famous female singer. Your friends would totally be jealous if they knew you had a reliable source for all the latest K-pop news. 


Yup, the perks of having a SHINee manager as a Dad. Before the conversation continued, a cellphone rang.


"Oh, sorry. That’s my phone."


Someone was sitting in the back of the car? As you looked back, you saw someone strangely familiar...you stared at him and your mouth dropped wide open. 


It was Taemin, the maknae who was as innocent as an angel. He smiled sweetly and put his hands on your chin.


"I’m glad you recognize me noona ^^" he said while closing your mouth. Your dad was trembling with laughter at your reaction. God, did you feel like a dork.


In a few minutes, you calmed down and stared at your dad. 


"Appa, why didn't you tell me that someone was in the car with us?" 


He started to sweat and gripped tightly onto the steering wheel. "Well, i was supposed to drop off Taemin at the concert. Umm, the other members are already there. R-Remember the upcoming song i told you about? They're singing it today for the first time." 


Your dad then explained that while the concert was going on, you were going out together to eat kimchi and drink tea. You were disappointed that he didn’t have the full day off.


"How come you're ignoring me? Aren’t I here too?" Taemin pouted. 


You guessed Taemin wanted some attention. You weren’t really an obsessive SHINee fan who would ask for an autograph or a picture, so maybe he felt lonely? You were basically the type who would leave them alone so they could get time for themselves. Considerate maybe? Either way, you smiled at his cute comment and decided to let your dad off the hook. Time to go to the concert.


As you got out of the car, you saw millions of girls screaming SHINee and jumping up and down with excitement. You, Taemin, and your dad snuck around them and into the backstage door. Inside, you saw SNSD, Super Junior, and many other beautiful people. You bowed to each one and tried to be respectful. You had to show your dad you could handle those types of situations. Then, you felt someone casually holding your hand and leading you around. "Noona, I’ll hold your hand okay? Um...I don’t want you to get lost...and I wanted to see how it felt to hold your hand. It feels nice. Heh Heh." Taemin was way too cute for words. 


As you make your way to where SHINee's dressing room was, you meet Minho, Onew, and Jonghyun at the front door. All of the members seemed to know you since their manager kept doting on you every single day. They greeted you and you greeted them back. All of them were staring at you. They probably were expecting something like "Saranghaeyo SHINee! Fighting!" or something between those lines.


"Yah! Why are all of you out here? Get changed!" someone said from behind. It was your dad. Wow, he was serious when it came to work. Onew explained that Key had locked himself inside the dressing room. Key supposedly didn’t like changing with other people. Inside the room, you could somewhat hear Key singing along to SNSD's "Genie." Taemin was doing some of the dance moves while Key was singing. You and the other members chuckled a bit.


After Key finished and opened the door, everyone rushed into the room to get their stage clothes on and hair fixed. Jonghyun took his shirt off revealing his abs. You blushed and turned around only to see Onew changing as well. As you kept turning, you caught a glimpse of Minho who smirked. 


"You wanna see me undress next?" His flaming charisma was too much. You dashed right out of the room and closed the door.

 
"To all the SHINee fans, please don’t hate me for what I saw," you thought. Then you felt the door behind you open just a bit to reveal Taemin. He kissed you on the cheek and went back into the room to change. Your face was really hot especially the cheek where Taemin's lips just touched.


Suddenly, you noticed Key was looking directly at you, almost glaring. It seemed as if Key disliked you so you decided to leave. As you slowly inched away from the dressing room, you realize your hair got tangled in some of the equipment nearby. Just Great. 


Key sighed and came closer. He stood right in front of you, making it seem like he was ready to embrace you but you knew that wasn’t it. He was just untangling your hair from the equipment. Even though you knew that, you were still kinda embarrassed. You looked up and noticed how perfect his face was. You quickly averted your eyes when he glanced down at you.


After your hair was free, you thanked him and stormed through the backstage area. You were really deep red like a tomato and didn’t want Key knowing. What the heck was wrong with you? You've been blushing the whole entire day for pete's sake! Then you felt an abrupt yank on your arm. 

It was Key again. 

As you guys stood there, the staff and other stars were watching you and him. He noticed people staring but he didn’t care. He inched closer and closer to your face. You shivered as you felt his breath on your neck. Suddenly, Key whispered into your ear. Your eyes widened at his words. He said them in English so others wouldn’t understand.






"Stay away from Taemin."

Yay. Second chapter is over!