The encounter that will start, and end everything

Land of Monsters: Changing Time

 

   Keep running...run...run far away from here...I must escape...I'm lost.
    It has been 4 years since I ran away from home. No, who am I kidding, it's not my home anymore, I'm no longer have a home, or a place to go.

    No big deal, I'm fine living on my own. In those years living among the monster, I have become more mature.

    Mentally and emotionally, yes.

    Physically, not so much.

    Apparently, I stopped growing 2 years ago and my height has remained the same since then, which is 1m65. I'm not tall, I know, but living on just leaves, fruit, insects and small animals isn't an exactly ideal way to push up my height, and also my weight.

    Nevertheless, I'm much more mature than the one I used to be in the past, a gullible and kind-hearted kid.

    Guess that's the one thing I must thank Yugyeom for. If it hadn't been for his cruel act, I wouldn't have become the person I am today. I'm probably still be a defenseless whiny kid. 

    The night is like my world, my everything. Lying underneath the sky of darkness. I feel...feel familiar, I feel warm, even though it's freezing cold in the middle of the woods and strong gust of wind keeps rushing through my cold body. Again, messing up my-already-combed-hair. I don't hate that feeling though. Somehow, it makes me feel free, and empty...

      The moon today looks so bright, so beautiful just like that day. I hate looking up at the dark and mysterious midnight sky, and catch the sight of the soft, peaceful, but stunning moon. 

     Sure, it brings back painful memory, yet, I can't help just staring at it. It's like I am not looking at the moon itself, but at the past. Sometimes, without my knowing, I get lost just by staring at that mesmerize light.

     Every time I see the moon, my heart beats rapidly, and uncontrollably for no reason. The moon that shines bright through the dark it's like the invisible light that lightens my already-stainted-soul.
      The wind suddenly getting stronger, and I think I just heard something growled behind me.

      I sigh, maybe I was overthinking it. I close my eyes, listening to the melodic sound of night-birds and crickets, playing their sweet notes.

     I look up the starless sky for once last time, make a wish and smile.
                         <Happy sweet 16th, Mark>

    I wake up to the rustling sound of footsteps walking. Someone, or something is near.

    Like a reflect I’ve always trained myself, in a blink of an eye, I get straight up and immediately grab the blade I’ve stolen from the house when I ran away tightly, already getting into my attacking position.

     To my surprise, not monsters, but humans, and a lot of them, stand in front of me with their wide eyes.

     They are whispering things like ‘how come this child manage to live by himself?’ that sort of stuff. A child? Who? Me? 

    Oh, how I wish they were monsters, it would be a lot easier to deal with. I guess they’re going in group then.

    Well, it will shatter soon, whatever relationship they have.

               “Wow, wow, slow down kid. It’s just us. Now put that down.

    I slowly advert my stare, just to be met with a pair of hazel eyes. This guy seems to be the leader.

    From the look of it, it is an undeniable fact that he is an extremely handsome and masculine guy, especially with the white see-through shirt revealing his abs. I silently looking at him up and down. 'He's hot', I unconsciously thought, but quickly wiped that stupid thinking away. 

    Noticing my instense glare, he awkwardly clears his voice:

             “Uhm..Look kid, we mean no harm. We are just worrying about you. I suggest you should join our group. I guess we could use a fighter like you.”     

   Is this really happening 'cause of the stupid wish I made yesterday?

   Better be not.

       < I wish... to have someone to love>