The God-forsaken planet

Land of Monsters: Changing Time

           The world of the 16th century was the world of chaos. Not on planet Earth, no, it was on the planet of Kilai, which was identical to our Earth, but there, the civilization was more advanced than that of the Earth at the same period.

           It was so advanced to the point where there were less humans, compared to the monsters that some genius scientists had created. It started out as just a few experiments, to satisfy the people's curiosity.

           But messing with the rule of nature was a high price to pay. The scientists experimented on human bodies and so monsters were created. Those human were originally prisoners, they had two options: die or get turned. But mostly, they didn’t have a choice.

           At first, it was thrilling for the people there to witness real-life monsters, and so they started to make more prisoners to turn. However, it escalated quickly when normal civilians got involved. The government, and the military even joined in for the stop of the spread of the monstsrs. But not until then did they realize, they were outnumbered.

           These monsters had some signature traits with those of a human that normal people couldn’t even differentiate between them, since they were once humans. But definitely not when they had transformed.

          These monsters shared somewhat similarities with some mythical creatures, which were vampires and werewolves. Monsters that were similar to vampire, were called Roxin, and to werewolf, Zian. There were more, of course, but the one that was the ruler and on top of the food chain went by the name Klark, which mean "guard dogs of hell" in their language. And they lived up to their names.

            Klark were ruthless monsters, some said that they were a mixture of living corpses and demons, if, they even lived to tell the true story. Even worst, they were the most sadistic creatures, since one of their favorite things to do was torturing, that was why they got their name.

            These monsters shared one thing in common, and that was their source of food. They could either feed on human blood, flesh or soul, some even fed on physical contact, like a kiss or ...

            However, it was rare for them to even do that far since they got disgusted just by looking at humans. The only thing that they ever did to them was killing. Kilai, now, was a land of monsters.

        
           Mark, a human boy who was born at that time, had been grown up in a forgotten mountain where his parents had built a shelter there a long time ago when they fled away from the brutal massacre, which was the birth of the dead planet.

           Living in that isolated place, he was lonely, but at least, he was safe, but not for a long time.

          The monsters were enlarging their territories again, and some of the survivors started to go to their home, looking for food, or a place to hide. His parents were so kind to the invaders, and so was he, since they had always been covered with loneliness.

          However, their kindness was betrayed. Those people wanted more than just being treated as guests, they wanted his home to be theirs.

       On a moonlit night, his parents were killed by the one that they trusted the most. Their son.

       But they didn’t blame him, not a single bit. They already knew that this day would eventually come, but they weren't expected it to come too soon. Not when Mark was still a child.

       They had been betrayed, and their son had been taken advantage of by the person he thought was his friend, whom he considered his younger brother, Yugyeom, who made Mark unintentionally be the cause of his parents’ deaths.

        After the funeral, the Kim’s family moved in the Tuan’s house, and all of their old properties were burnt to ash. Yugyeom offered Mark to live with him, since he really treasured Mark, and everything happened was because of his parents’ guidance.

        Mark didn’t see it that way though, how could someone possibly see it that way? Yugyeom was young and clueless but Mark couldn't deny the truth that he was clearly betrayed, he was hurt, not by the monsters his parents had always been talking about, and always succeeded to scare the crap out of him, but it was humans that did this to him, to his only family.How could they?

       That night, Mark left. And his trust in human, his own kind, also vanished. They were all murderers, those selfish creature.

     Mark was started to think that perhaps, those monsters were actually better.

     The new page of his life started now.  

-------------xxxxxxxAuthor's notexxxxxxx----------

Sorry for the long chapter, but don't get bored yet. This is just some explanation. Learn the name, guys =))) Or else it will be confusing later on. And I asure that all other chapters will definitely be shorter than this^^Feel free to comment your. I really appreciate every single one that comes up to me. Love you my adorable, loveable readers :*