Weird? Or just Different?

Land of Monsters: Changing Time

 

      I think deeply about his offer. Not that I want to have association with humans. I just need food and water, but I’m too lazy right now, and it’s not like I can always survive on my own. By going with them, I will probably have something to eat.

      I nod in response.

  “Okay kid, we’d love to have you as our companion.”

  “Wait!!”- the brunette girl speaks out, who momentarily ago kept frowning at me. Well, I don’t like you either.

  “How do we know that he’s one of us? Before monsters transform into their true form, they look nothing different from us. They were once humans too, remember?”-  whisper starts to spread out. Hmm, she has got a point. But how do I prove it?

   I struggle to find an answer; however, this is not an easy task. Humans, urgh, I start to regret this decision already.

   How, how, how? I keep on questioning myself while that girl is looking at me, and I swear I could see her smirk.

   Just then, I know how.

     "Watch"- I said, seeing all the attention put on me, and on the blade I’m holding.

    "Hold on a sec, what do you--"

  Without any further hesitation, I slice the blade through my wrist. The sharp edge of the blade pierces through my already-pale-skin, and I feel like I’m just about to break.

   I try to keep my composure through it’s obvious that the pain is unbearable. But this is still not enough.

   I press the thing harder, which causes stream of blood to slowly flow down. Satisfied, I lift up my head, and just watch all of them getting shocked, confused and scared at the same time.

   They were the one who told me to prove it, weren’t they? And now they all act like it’s me, who are the crazy ones. Tsk. Humans.

                     (Someone’s P.O.V)

    What the hell? I am so shocked that even my lips go dry. I look around and see everyone all share the same shock and terrify expression as me.

    This….this…kid…what is he trying to do?

    “See? My blood is clean, like any other humans. I’m not a monster.”

       He tries his best to say it calmly, though I can clearly see that his body is shaking.

      This guy is insane. Did he just cut his wrist to justify himself?

       He’s sure a brave kid…or just a crazy dude…

       I was just about to step up to the pretty one when a shadow slides pass me. He hurried to where the kid is standing, and quickly tears off a piece of his shirt while the kid is just standing there. Frozen. Hey! I was just about to do that!

      The kid gives him a look, probably somewhat between “what the heck is this guy doing" and “stay away from me”, which again, I find it oddly cute.

      That’s the first time I see the kid actually react to something. He always has this cold aura surrounds him and he gives off a distant feeling that makes no one want to befriend him. Or even dare to get close. Hmmm, he'll fit with the group well then. 

        Anyway, back to the main topic, I see Jr. suddenly grabs the boy’s bleeding wrist harshly, which makes him try to flinch and yank his hand back in response.  

        My best friend on the other hand, pretends to be oblivious to his annoyed reaction, and keeps on holding his wrist tightly while bandaging his wound.

       Aishh! That guy is so violent, I'll have to have a talk with him later, but... when did Jr. start caring for others? And this kid is merely a stranger? That's just insane.

        He still hasn’t said anything, not that he’s a man of words anyway. After he is done, he just leaves, I mean, he actually just leaves the kid standing there.

        He walks pass me, and I unintentionally frown in puzzlement. Why is he smirking? God, today must be the one of weirdest days of my life. First, we found a boy in one of the most goddamn dangerous place, who is surprisingly unharmed. The next thing we knew, he cut himself.

       Then, the one that is always the least concerns about his surroundings, Jr., decided to help him. Heck, he didn't even border to comfort me when I was severely scratched by a monster. Probably because he hates talking, and I, did talk too much. Still, he has been my friend for 5 years, he should at least pretend to be nice to me. Right?

      But what confuses me the most was that smirk on his face. The signature thing that he always does when he finds something amusing, which I feel a little bit irritated for no reason. So he thinks the kid interesting, huh?

        The boy is still standing there with a blush, and a puzzled expression on his face, probably asking what the hell is wrong with my best friend.  

        Guess that’s my cue.

                                               (Jackson P.O.V)

         “Hey! New kid! What’s your name?”- I eagerly ask, while patting his back.

        “It’s M----, I mean Kyle. Just call me Kyle”- He stutters. Probably getting all shy up around stranger aye? Cute.  

      Now that I’ve taken a closer look at him, I must say that he’s somewhat good-looking. Correct. Amazingly good-looking.

     His nose is perfectly symmetrical, in absolute harmony with his slightly full lips: the kind that end in a cute little smirk at the corners.

     With loose strands of his dark chocolate brown hair hanging messily, framing his perfectly sculpted jawline, which somehow highlights the white of his slightly- tanned-skin.

     Some of the strands reach to the long black eyelashes of his, making them to blink slowly. Delicately. Fragilely. Then, his eyes. The color of his eyes is truly indescribable, like that of a midnight sky. Deep. Soft. Mysterious. Lonely.

     He must have been popular with the girls, maybe even guys. I believe. He has a stunning look. Of course. But that’s not the reason why I have him on my mind. He looks just like my---

         “Hey, uncle! Cut the staring. It's so obvious. Oh, and tell me your name?”- What? Uncle? I take back all my compliments about him, about his good looks and such. What a mischievous brat!

        “Tsk, boy. I’m still a young incredibly handsome man, who is 21 this year, got it? By the way, the name is Jackson, Jackson Wang, the wild and y Jackson Wang. And how old are you, KID?” – I intentionally press the last word. It’s probably quite funny looking him piss off anyway.

        "I just turned 16 last night.”- His voice suddenly trails off, which I find it a little bit weird. Ah, right. He had to spend the most important day of his teenage life alone right? Must be sad.

       " And a Zian stole my food. Dammit. It was my birthday

        ". . ."

        Well, hmmm, interesting. He definitely catches me off-guard with that. This stonyhearted kid is really something.     

      “Kyle, Have you ever killed?” He looks taken aback by my question, but this is something I need to confirm. Is this kid got what it takes to join us? I sneak a glance at him, worrying that I have probably scared him off. He remains silent, then suddenly, I hear soft chuckles.

      “Pfftt, hahaha. What kind of question is that? You’re not sharp as I thought you would be, uncle. But I will give you the answer. You want a truth, or a lie?”- This kid never fails to entertain me. A game now, huh?

      “A lie”- If so, then I will go along with his game.

      “I hate killing”- he says it with the most innocent smile I’ve ever seen. My heart would have skipped a beat if what he said was true, however, it was a lie. I feel the cold air runs down my spine. I shiver. A dangerous kid. But that’s why I ask him to join. Not sharp aye? You have underestimated me way too much, kid.

      “Okay, that’s good enough. Then from now on, I trust you to fulfill your job as a member of this group. Are you clear?”- I talk in a serious tone, watching him slowly nodding his head. Good! He is our last member for now. If we have more, we will likely become an easy target for those monsters. 5  people are more than enough.

       “Uhm… so about earlier, what is his name?”-he looks up at me with those expecting eyes. Damm. Cute.

        “Who? Ah the guy who bandaged your wound? That's Jr. But he never reponses when we call him that so just call him Jinyoung. He acts a little bit weird, doesn’t he? But that might mean he is interested in you. Heck, that guy barely talks and now he is bandaging for a stranger?"

       I stop babbling when I see him tenses up. Well, I guess that's a completely normal reaction when you heard a stranger is interested in you. Again, I blame my big mouth for the leak of information.

         "It's nothing bad really. It means that he will probably take care of you. I think. In a friendly sort of way. He's a good guy actually."  

       “ Yeah... I can see that. Just… a bit curious” 

           But hey!  When did he become interested in Jinyoung anyway? What about me? I’m quite attractive too, aren’t I?

           Well put that away for a second. What was I thinking?!! It’s weird to even feel like I need his attention.  Then probably all the thing my friends mock me about being an attetion seeker must be true then. Aish. my life.

                      “Oh, just one last thing, we only have two rules here. 

                 First, this group will be your top priority. If you get caught, deal with it on your own or we will have to make you to shut up ourselves. And for your information, that never ends well. Trust me.

                 Second, the leader's orders are absolute. That means YOU will have to follow every word I say."

            I stand up, looking down at him. Smirking to myself. He doesn’t know what he has got himself into.

            The rules are absolute, there have never been an exception before. If anyone, including Jinyoung, or even him, ever breaks it, -

          “They will face extreme punishment, and will be kicked out of the group immediately. Got that Kyle?

            The real adventure just started,

           an adventure,

             that shapes a person,

                and a journey,

                   into finding the true purposes of living in the forsaken place.

        xxxxxxxxxxAuthor's notexxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey ^^ So what do you guys think about this chapter? I will try to develope more Markson and Jinmark moments on the next chapter^^ I'm just crazy about these pairs really >~< If someone is confused about something in the story, just comment. I desperately want to know what you guys think. Oh, and remember,  starting from this chapter Mark is called Kyle. Just some fake name that I've come up with.

 Just wait and see guys ^^ Be patient with me because the story is quite long and there are also going to be some action/drama elements in it. Plus, I have 6 exams ahead of me so please wait for me ;A; ok? :* Love you my adorable, lovable readers.