Tell me

Land of Monsters: Changing Time

     ~ Flashback (Hours ago) ~

     He was assigned the task of finding food, and he was glad to do it. It was a great way to get away from those people. After all, he was always a loner. But no, Jackson, that talkative guy had to make him babysit his “little sister”. In Mark’s eyes, that devious brat was not little at all. All morning, she was babbling about Jinyoung this and Jinyoung that. She even warned Mark not to talk to him, which confused Mark in a weird way. Wasn’t he and Jinyoung both guys? This kid must have mental issue, Mark frowned.

     Then suddenly, out of nowhere, appeared creaking sound of bushes. Whatever this creature was, it was definitely moving fast. It was hungry…and now it had found its preys. Without any excess action, it struck. When Mark opened his eyes, there was this hot red liquid spattering on his face, a body lying on the ground, and a pair of fiery yellow eyes staring at his own dark eyes. It was a huge wolf, probably 2 meters tall, with its gray complexion that looked as sharp as steel. Its mouth being wide open, full with saliva and its tongue dyed with the color of crimson red. 

            A glimmer of fear appeared on the boy’ pupils. He looked around, looking for someone that could help them. He could fight his own battle, but the girl wouldn’t have survived being that severely injured. But to his dismay, they were nowhere to be seen, instead, there was nothing, just silence. Silence had always been his companion, but ironically, his biggest fear. That made him wondered, was silence truly stood by his side or was it the one pulling the trigger in the dark?

    The mere thought of it made him to wince; nevertheless, he didn’t forget to pull out his newly-sharpened blade. The animal before him stood there unfazed, not to mention it even seemed to be amused. With its dagger-like fangs, unstoppable killing nature, it was sure to be one of the top predators in this rotten world; it was a Zian. And him, just a human being with an unconscious person needed to be taken care of, he was undoubtedly not a match for the beast. Still, without much thought, he started running for the beast. He aimed for its limb, which he thought were the most vulnerable part, but he was soon to realize how wrong he could be. Even though the beast was far away, the sound of shifting muscles could be heard when it walks. The animal’s eyes were now piercing through his soul, like the eyes of a devil.

    Only seconds left before the collision, a loud snarl was heard, and out of nowhere another one with brown fur jumped out in between. Strangely, this one was different. Mark thought, noticing the profusely bleeding from the scratches behind its back. Those were wounds caused by its own kind, Mark had seen a lot of them before, but since when did Zians started attacking on each other? He couldn’t help but wonder.         

    Mark fixed his eyes on the scene before him, eyes widened in surprise as he watched the two huge wolves battling out for each other. The gray wolf was obviously trying to kill him, and possibly want to eat him too; there was no doubt in the way it viciously lunged at him. The brown one, however, was oddly standing still in between, blocking all the hit and the bite that were initially meant for him.

    He was clueless; this was a little too bit for his simple mind. Weren’t Zians supposed to kill, eat, digest human whatsoever? He frowned his head due to overthinking. And suddenly he realized, maybe the brown Zian wanted the same thing too. He mentally laughed at himself for actually thought that it was trying to help him or something for a second. Monsters… They all wanted the same thing right? He then made up his mind.

    He slowly, and quietly moved towards the two deadly creatures as his eyes focused on the badly wounded one. He drew out his blade, and threw it towards the beast. The brown wolf released a mad growl out of pain as the metal item pierced through its thick skin. Bit by bit, it turned around to meet with the culprit’s eyes with its eyes filled with anger, pain and sadness. Mark stood there in stunned for a moment. He found those eyes intimidating, familiar, and guilty even though he wasn’t supposed to feel so.

    But not for long did he feel the aura was cold again.  The gray wolf didn’t waste any bit of time, and easily knocked down the injured one that had been interfering its meal just before heading towards to Mark’s direction. Mark stood there defenselessly as he watched his weapon was firmly situated on the brown wolf’s back. His mind was screaming for him to run, but his legs refused to move; they were shaking out of fear. Not until there was only a little space left between them did he start to regain his composure. He managed to dodge the claw that charged towards his head, but still, it managed to leave unforgettable scars on his back.  

    Mark breathed out unevenly as he tried to hold himself together. He didn’t have much time before the animal’s paws were on him again, pressing him down into the ground with its sharp claws dug into his clothes. He badly wanted to scream, to yell, and to get out of this freaking mess…but only muffling sound came out of his sore throat. While being pinned down, he felt a shadow moving from behind. He couldn’t see what it was as his vision was starting to get blurred due to the blood loss. The only thing he could see before he let the darkness consumed him was the color of brown and gray mixed together.

    Chain of past events flitted through Mark’s head as he was now had to come face to face with Jinyoung.

       “I see that you’re not listening. Let me repeat myself again. What did happen with you and Ah Yeon?”- Jinyoung’s voice was stern and judging from his expression, he was dead serious.

          Both of Jinyoung hands firmly put on the younger boy’s shoulders. His fingers slowly digging into the other skin like he seem to have lost all his patience; all he wanted now was an answer. Mark was dumbfounded by the way Jinyoung strangely acted, but he was in no mood for arguing. He thought about the situation for a while. Finally, he parted his lips.

       “It has nothing to do with you”- he tiredly said, his back still hurt like hell. He hurriedly looking for a way out as fast as possible. But, Jinyoung, tsk, this handsome guy clearly knew how to read Mark’s mind.

        “You are not going anywhere. Not until you tell me what happened. Gosh Kyle, just tell me. This is for your own good. You see how Jackson reacted.”

        “Really thank you for your concern, Jinyoung. But I know what is best for me” Mark successfully struggled out of Jinyoung hold. Just as he was walking a few steps away from the other, Mark suddenly cried out in pain and fell down. Mark squeezed his eyes shut waiting for the moment his head hit the ground, but it never did. He suddenly felt his body being softly caught by a person, which was none other than Jinyoung. Great! Perfect timing! He silently cursed his body. Out of all the time you have got, you must have to choose now. With this overreacted guy, huh? Just great.

       The painful back made Mark now was nothing more than a vulnerable kid, a fish on a plate to be exact. Mark despised that, he despised being weak, he definitely didn’t need someone to lean on. Mark shifted his body out of Jinyoung’s, but he stopped as he noticed something was wrong with the older.

         “Hey, thanks for helping, bro. But I need to go”-Mark said. The other still didn’t move an inch, just awkwardly holding Mark in his arms. He was looking at something, something so intensely made Mark so curious that he was now following Jinyoung’s eyes. 

        Blood.

       There was blood on the grass, small drops of red that made the green of grass to disappear. Mark now realized he was bleeding. Instead of painful, he suddenly felt worried and scared of Jinyoung.

        He was holding me the whole time. He must have known that there was blood on my back. Then why isn’t he saying anything?

       After a whole minute passed, with Mark kept shifting and struggling out, Jinyoung finally talked. 

       "What is this?"- Just three words coming from the older one could make Mark shivered.

       "A scratch"- Despite how normal he tried to act, he couldn't hide the fact that he was bleeding. 

       "This is a scratch?"- Jinyoung asked, rasing his voice.

                You already knew the answer. Freaking stop playing with me! - Mark mentally screamed

       "Yeah"- Mark said shortly.

        "This is merely a scratch to you right?"-The other's voice was a bit of sarcastic tone.

         Mark clearly didn't notice what Jinyoung was implying and simply said "Yeah you can say that", which just caused the black-haired boy to smile wryly.

                  And you thought you were the only one knows how to play this game? Huh, I can play it too- Mark thought

         "So I guess this wouldn't hurt too much"- Jinyoung slightly pressed the wound of the boy beneath him, causing the kid to scream in pain.

                 Fine. You won.

          "Ouch! Ouch! Stop it! Why the hell would you do that? You, you, sicko!"- And the painful scream was followed by a tirade of invectives.

          "You sure have a foul mouth, and a bad attitude too. So, do you need my help? Cause I doubt that you can bandage that on your own. Jackson won't let anyone help you, but I will."

           Jinyoung's last sentence really made a deep impression to Mark. So he really cared for me? Mark felt flustered, and all of his assumption, or worries about Jinyoung suddenly disappeared. But he suppressed his feeling and asked the taller.

          "Are ... are you sure?"-he stumbled- "Jackson said that he would--"

          "I heard what he said, but I know that your injury is far more important than anything, right?"- Jinyoung voice was so full with concern and caring that Mark, for a moment, let go of his guard and just wanted to be lost in its sweetness. Soon, he felt asleep in Jinyoung's warm arms. The first time ever since he had contacted with human. 

           Why was that everyone known beforehand everything would come with a price, and still, desired it? Mark had always wondered. But when he was faced with the same decision, he too, chose to chase after the thing that he loved. Was it wrong to do so? Maybe it was, maybe it not.

          But the price was so much that he would have to pay it with his own life. 

           xxxxxxxxxxxxxAuthor's notexxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 I'm so sooo sorry for this late update :'((((  That's why I've made it a little bit longer :3 Thank you so much *kiss kiss* I'll be back soon *hopefully :p*

And please comment to let me know your opinion ( what you like, etc.) Also, please excuse for my bad grammar and vocab =.= didn't use the translator :p 

 Enjoy~~ Love youu all 

Btw, let the ship sail~~~Lol =))))