Outside of Class

처음 만나서 반갑다 ~Nice to Meet You~

< Hyung you awake? >

It took TaekWoon a few minutes before he could reach out to where his phone was charging on the nightstand next to his bed. He had rolled to his knees while trying to catch his breath, keeping his head down so the world spinning around him wouldn’t make him puke. He shakily typed out a reply.

< I am, sorry. I’m having trouble getting up right now. You can go ahead if you want. >

The reply was swift in its arrival. < Nah I’ll wait for you >

TaekWoon knew the source of the messages was standing right outside his dorm-room door, so he in a few deep breaths and let them out slowly as he straightened up and slid off of his bed. It had been a while since the last time he had trouble waking up in the morning. He’d grown so used to figuring out his sleeping pattern and adjusting it so he could get up with ease that he’d almost forgotten about this sort of awakening – feeling like he was suffocating as fire burned through his chest and the world around him spun.

Surely it was due to whatever strange event may or may not have happened the day before.

TaekWoon haphazardly shoved his feet into his sneakers as he swung the door open, somewhat out of breath. “Hey. Sorry.”

The dimple-cheeked guy standing just outside turned and shook his head. “It’s alright. We still have time. Catch your breath. You didn’t have to run.”

Huffing but still standing straight as he slowed down his breathing, TaekWoon retorted, “I wasn’t running, HongBin-ah. Or well, I’m later than usual. But I wasn’t running.”

HongBin flashed a grin. “Sure, hyung. Let’s go.”

“Did something happen?” HongBin asked once they were leisurely strolling down the sidewalk. “I can’t remember the last time you had trouble waking up.”

“Mm…” TaekWoon pinched his lips together, pondering. “No. I guess I just didn’t sleep well.”

“Hehh…” Luckily, HongBin didn’t pursue it as he stretched his arms up. “Man, time is going by so quickly. It feels like summer break just ended, but it’s already been… a month?!”

TaekWoon snorted. “I would say time flies when you’re having fun, but are we?”

“Not really,” HongBin replied back, laughing.

Their light banter continued as they slowly made their way across campus to the building where their respective classes were held. As usual, HongBin tagged along with TaekWoon all the way up to the door.

“It’s already late,” TaekWoon commented with an exasperated sigh. “You didn’t have to follow me this far.”

“Nah, it’s fine. I’m bored of that class, anyway. I’ll see you later, then!”

“Yeah.”

Contrary to what HongBin said, he turned to swiftly trot the other direction where his own classroom was located. It was in this same direction about an hour later when the halls flooded with students that TaekWoon spotted HongBin swaggering back up to him again.

“You didn’t get in trouble, did you?” TaekWoon automatically asked.

HongBin scoffed lightly. “No, of course not. There was another kid who strolled in later than I did, and the teacher got onto him instead. Let’s go eat.”

TaekWoon’s stomach rumbled at the prospect of food.  He quickly agreed, but as they turned to go with the flow of the mass around them, TaekWoon froze.

A stranger was standing still in front of them. Rather, the stranger was standing there.

The stranger’s face broke into that same bright smile when he realized TaekWoon was staring incredulously at him. He was standing in the middle of the hallway, an obstruction to the river of bodies that brushed by him on both sides. Very out of place, no books or bag on his person, but he stood with confidence, weight on one leg and hands resting simply by his sides.

TaekWoon had stopped in his tracks, his own hands trembling as the faltering thumping in his chest picked up. HongBin picked up immediately, looking back to see what happened.

“TaekWoon-hyung?” HongBin backtracked. “What’s wrong?”

TaekWoon ignored him. “You…” His voice came out hoarse.

The stranger approached them as if he was summoned. Everything about him screamed “COCKY DON’T DO IT”.

“Hey, TaekWoon-ah,” he greeted, absolutely carefree.

“Eh?” HongBin finally noticed the stranger as he sidled up to the two. “You know TaekWoon-hyung?”

The stranger replied, “Of course I do. I’ve had my eye on him for… a while.”

Dumbfounded, HongBin turned to the main attraction. “Do you know this guy, hyung?”

TaekWoon subconsciously reached for his bracelet. “You’re… you’re that guy who jumped in my car yesterday…”

“Eh?!”

The sounds of surprise came from both HongBin and the stranger, much to TaekWoon’s own surprise. HongBin’s head was swiveling back and forth, utterly lost. The stranger kept his expression carefully neutral.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about…” he said.

“No… You…” TaekWoon racked his brain, trying to remember what happened. Did he really get a good look at that person from before? “Didn’t you… I was driving just outside of campus, and then you jumped in my car…”

The stranger's face barely changed; if anything, it became more intense. “You’re mistaken. That wasn’t me.”

“Yah, this guy is weird. Let’s go, hyung.”

HongBin protectively wrapped his arm around TaekWoon’s broad shoulders and pulled him forward. The stranger only followed with his dark eyes, and they seemed to burn holes straight through TaekWoon’s chest.


A/N: I HAD TO UPDATE BECAUSE I NEEDED TO SHARE WITH Y'ALL.

My friend and I decided to finally check out the buildings for SMEnt, JYP, and Jellyfish today (YG Ent and ShinCom will come another day since they're in a different neighborhood). Well, of course we saw fangirls hanging out outside of SM and JYP, and we didn't see anyone hanging out around Jellyfish.

HOWEVER.

WE SAW LEO. AND RAVI. I SAW RAVI TWICE, ACTUALLY. MY FRIEND MISSED HIM THE FIRST TIME.

LEO.

I--

WE SAW LEO.

HE SAW US. (PROBABLY THOUGHT WE WERE CRAZY 사생S LOL)

OMFGADLKFGJAODFIGJAOWIETJOEWIJTAOSDJGA;DKJFBADFJFALSKJFDA IOJ

I'M DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE--

Oh, how was the chapter?