Chapter 5

Sacrifice

3rd POV

The woman and Minho gave each other a short but tight hug. When they pulled back the woman moved her sparkling eyes toward the girls, and looked back at Minho a couple times.

"Sorry, didn't see your company. One of them your girlfriend?" She gave an elbow jab. Minho rolled his eyes as if it was the most ridiculous thing he had ever heard. The two other girls followed suit as if they were insulted to be affiliated with such an assumption. Minho pointed over toward Sulli, "No way would any of these kids be my girlfriend. This one here is my cousin Sulli, while the one over there is her best friend Krystal, as well as my close dongsaeng. The woman nodded politely understanding who the girls were. She stuck out her hand, "Nice to meet you! My name is Seohyun studying law at the same university as Minho, which is how we became acquainted." She then gave Sulli and Krystal a sly but knowing smirk toward Minho. "I see we all have been cursed with Minho in our lives." She gave out an exaggerated sigh, making Sulli and Krystal laugh instantly in agreement, which only made Minho huff.  "So did you two meet just recently or something? Oppa, how come you never let us know about this pretty and cool unnie here?" Krystal gave Minho an accusing look. Minho only fired back with a snort, "Because I knew this would happen. You guys would gang up and bully me. Even if I am the oppa, or the male, I can't really do anything in 3 against 1." He scanned all three of the girls in an obvious way. "Besides, you three are abnormally strong as well as unkeenly piercing with words. So I got to protect myself mentally and physically. The girls just laughed, but didn't fail to give Minho looks of agreement with what he said, which just made Minho roll his eyes at them again.

"I assume you guys already ate? Thats too bad, I would have invited you guys to eat with me. Minhyuk as your only company can be a drag sometimes." Minho looked a bit taken aback with the mentioning of Minhyuk, as he had almost forgot what he witnessed in the first place between the two of them. As if she was able to read the minds of Minho and Krystal, Sulli asked, "Unnie, you know Minhyuk oppa?" her head turned a little bit in genuine confusion. Seohyun looked over at the curtain that covered the kitchen entrance, "He is my lovely little goguma. It's sad I don't get to see him often as I would like to because of my studies, but we never let anything get past our relationship." Before Seohyu ncould finish what she was going to say, she got cut off by Minho's words. "Cool cool, he was a pretty cool guy, and he makes really good food. The same time he said this really fast, his stomach was churning, as well as feeling subtle aching in his chest. He didn't know how or when she met Minhyuk, or whether their relationships can even compare, but he knew that if Minhyuk was goguma status then he was something very serious and important to Seohyun. His eyes unconsciously reverted to the floor as he assumed the worst; Minhyuk was Seohyun's boyfriend.

Krystal on the other hand, felt her jaws tighten. Though she mentally made note to include Seohyun unnie into Minhyuk's files back at home, she couldn't help but feel a wierd bitterness with the revelation. She thought it was wierd that the Jewels failed to include this kind information of information on Minhyuk, but she shrugged it off. She also thought it was a little cheesy about the goguma endearment term, but being cool and nonjudgmental, she ignored that too. For some reason, she knew she would rather not be in the position to witness both Seohyun and Minhyuk together. On the otherhand, Seohyun was also curious about how they seem to know Minhyuk, forgetting that she wasn't able to finish her own response as to her affiliation with Minhyuk. She was going to ask them; however, Krystal's farewell beat her to it.

Before she could make out the reason in words as to why, Krystal knew she wanted to get out of there, "Ssul, I got to go and finish some stuff at home. I'll text you later." Before I could even say farewell to Minho oppa, "Yea Ssul, I got to get some things done too. Lets go so I can drop you off." Minho then turned over to Seohyun with a smile that clearly covered up his sense of loss of hope, "Seohyun-ah I got to go. I'll see you around." Sulli also got ready to leave, but gave a quick hug to Seohyun. "Nice meeting you unnie. I would love to see you again sometime!" Seohyun returned the hug, as well as sincere smile to the dongsaeng, "Of course. I come here if I'm not in school, so maybe we will run in to each other again! Though not as bubbly as Sulli, Krystal also gave Seohyun her signature chic smile as well. "Nice meeting you unnie." She gave a wave toward us as we walked out the door. "Bye guys!" We returned the wave before walking down the sidewalk. Krystal was a few steps behind the Choi cousins, and she one last turn back at the Boice Cafe for a final look. As if on cue, she saw Minhyuk reappear from the curtains, with a couple of plates in his hands, placing it down on Seohyun's table. Krystal winced unknowingly and turned to walk faster. she didn't know why she winced as if it was a default reaction. She shoved the possibility of seeing Seohyun and Minhyuk share an embracing hug after he sat down the plates as the possilbe reason for her uncomfortability to the back of her mind, hoping it would be buried so that it wouldn't reach her consciousness.