LU HAN

One Summer Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LU HAN

 

SOCCER IS EVERYTHING. “Xiumin pass it here!” I shout at the other side of the field as launch myself forward and the ball is already on my feet. I kick the ball on the field and try to shoot it in to the net. It went straight through and the buzzer went off. We won. My teammates went towards me and pat me on my head and at the back as they mess my hair with a little of “Good game out there!”, “Nice job!” or “That was a nice kick!” I wasn’t overwhelmed by the attention that I was getting but because of the number of students sitting on the bleachers near the field. “Look at the people you just caught! It was just a game practice but you made it look like a championship already.” Xiumin says as I chuckle, “What can I say? The crowd loves me.” I casually shrug my shoulder and had a smug smile on. Xiumin knocks me on the head with the ball and jokingly asks, “Did the air of the ball go to your head already? Or you just had a bad fall?”

I chuckle, “Sorry. You do know I’m not good with compliments.” I look down and I notice how muddy and worn-out my shoes were and I’ve been using it since the year I started playing football (soccer). He puts an arm around my shoulder as a bro-to-bro comfort, “Don’t worry, I know you blush and get shy whenever people compliment you. So, your secret is safe with me.” He whispers as I could feel the embarrassment plastered all over my face. “Shut up, Xiumin!” I shove his arm away and we head towards our locker room.

We enter inside the cafeteria and my ‘ex-girlfriend’ approach me with her cleavage city showing and town thighs up ahead. “Hi, Oppa!” He purr as he link her arm around mine. “Hi, Hyuna.” Even though we broke up, I’m trying to be polite as ever even if she throws herself at me every time she sees me. We dated back last year but our relationship crashed soon even before I had the fun of it. I admit that he’s pretty, proportional vital stats, and rich but I don’t want to involve myself anymore with her since I know that she was that type of girl from the start.  We lasted for 3 months, it was supposed to be our third month anniversary but she told me she can’t go out because she was sick and because being a nice boyfriend that I am, I visited her and by the looks of it, she was perfectly fine and doesn’t need my help since she was busy shoving his tongue to some guy from a basketball team. So, I never really tried to date anyone ever again because girls like her a hard to trust and totally not worth it.

 “Do you want to eat lunch with me, Oppa?” I give her an unpleasing smile, “Then I’ll lose my appetite. Maybe some other time.” I slip out my arm and I heard some of her friends gasped. “Total burn.” One of her minions murmur as she glare at her. “You totally humiliated her, bro.” Xiumin laugh in satisfaction as we sat on our table just beside the wide window. Just behind the table of one of my classmates from History.

“I didn’t mean it like that.” I say, feeling guilty for what I have done to Hyuna back there.

“Cut out the nice guy stuff, Luhan! She totally deserves it long after you two broke up.” He exclaims, my confidence draining out of my system. I didn’t even know where I got the courage to tell her that. It just came out of my mouth before I could even stop it.

I start to dig in my lunch when I caught someone glance at me for a second. I look up but she was also busy eating her food. It was the girl from the other table, she looks familiar because I know that we had classes together but I never really caught her name since I at remembering names. Every now and then, I would notice her stealing glances at my direction but as I turn around, I was the only in line with her sight. I start wiping my face with a napkin as Xiumin looks at me curiously, “What’s wrong?”

“Is there something on my face?” I worriedly ask as I hear a small laugh, it wasn’t from Xiumin but it was from her. I quickly catch her gaze on mine and that’s when her smile slowly fades. I caught you. I raise an eyebrow at her. She slightly smiles at me and hurriedly lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter