JI EUN

One Summer Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JI EUN

 

I woke up, with a leg hovered over mine as I came into vision with my brother. I almost forgot that he was here. Then memories of last Friday night flashed in like a time line as I could feel my cheeks grow hotter. I shook the thought away as I ran up to the bathroom.

I stood there in front of our mirror as I could still feel his touch on me. It’s like a fire running through my whole body as I felt myself heat up. I remember his gorgeous face that night. How his curly fringe covered his eyes that were full of love. . and lust. How his lips were slightly puffed from all the gentle and rough kissing that we had. His broad shoulders and toned abs, probably because of his non-stop training.

I went downstairs to join them breakfast as I got a text from Kai saying he can’t pick me up today. ‘Morning, babe! Can’t pick you up. Morning basketball practice. See you at lunch! Love you.’ I slightly frown at his text as Dad stop in front of me with hot pancakes on his hands, “What’s with the frown, sweetie?” I closed my phone and smiled at him, “Nothing. Kai told me he can’t pick me up today.” I ruffle Jaehyun’s bed hair as I sit next to him. “Want me to drop you off to school?” Dad offers. “It’s okay, Dad. I’ll just take the bus. I don’t want you to be late,” I say.

“Why don’t you ask Baekhyun?” He says as I pour cinnamon syrup on my pancakes. “Nah. I don’t want to bother him. Our schedule is on TTH only.” He looks at me curiously, “Since when did you guys have a schedule about it?”

“Since I’ve dated Kai,” The pancake melts in with the syrup as it dances on my taste buds, balancing the sweetness. Dad rolls his eyes, “Oh right.” He said it like he regretted asking me that question as he mumbles something while he shoves a big slice on his mouth. I look at mom and she just shakes her head at us as she smiles. Mom doesn’t hate Kai but as a mother, she knows what’s best for her children so I’m guessing, she thinks Kai isn’t the best for me. But she doesn’t interfere with our relationship anymore since she knows that she can’t do anything about it unlike Dad.

I reached school a few minutes early as I headed for first my period. I see Baekhyun already on his seat as he greets me with one of his bright smiles, “Good morning, Jiji!” My eyes turn into small slits as I punch him on his shoulder, “You really know how to ruin my morning, huh.”

He shrugs, “Well, I’m a real pro at it.” I gave out a lifeless laugh as I sit on the chair in front of him. “Shut up, piece of meat!” I retort as he smirks. “Really? Is that the best you got, Lee?” He mocks as I roll my eyes at him. “You’re annoying!”

“You still love me.”

“I do not!”

I can’t help but not laugh at our little argument when I notice a figure standing by the door. He awkwardly stand there as his eyes searches around the room. I didn’t even know if he was there long enough to hear our small bicker a while ago.  But before I could go and start a little conversation, a girl approach him as she smiles at him in a flirty way and I didn’t even know why I quickly look away.

“Hey, it’s Lu Han!” Baekhyun exclaims.

“Huh? Where?” I pretended not to notice his existence as I turn to where Baekhyun turned. At the same moment, Luhan looks over in our direction, Baekhyun gave a playful wave, wagging his hand hastily as he answers with a one quick wave. I notice how his gaze shifts towards me but before I could smile at him he turns his attention back to her.

I don’t know why I feel like he’s been avoiding me after we went to the game. Every time I see him around school, he would acknowledge Baekhyun’s presence and made sure he didn’t as much bats an eye at me.

He was still talking to the girl and it seems like they were too comfortable for his liking when I notice how he would step away from her as she leans her C-cups near his arm. He hands her the book and gives a courteous bow before walking away. I suddenly notice myself smiling at what I just saw. I can’t help but find him cute when he was being shy and polite which means it was a straight-edge rejection towards her offer.

Well, I guess I'm not the only who feels bad about being rejected, if that's what you call it.

 

“Do you think vampires could be anywhere around us but they’re skills just degraded because they stopped doing the things that they used to do?” We were in another topic on one of Baekhyun’s vampire stories as we both head to our fourth period. “Like what?” I ask as I try to look for my History book inside my bag.

“Like drinking human blood. They choose to drink anything other than human blood since their conscience butts in with their way of life so instead they choose pig’s blood as their staple food.” He says, his face w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter