Chapter 9

Fate-Kissed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IX

 

“Mom?” Chae Ri called while walking down the stairs.

 

“I'm here!” Her mother answered from the kitchen.

 

          Chae Ri went in and landed her eyes on her mother cooking pasta for lunch.

 

“Where's Hye Rin?” She asked while dipping her finger unto the sauce before it deliciously.

 

          Mrs. Oh sent her daughter a look.

 

“What?” She displayed and innocent face.

 

“You didn't even washed your hand”

 

          Chae Ri clicked her tongue. “It's just the same thing, mom. And besides, it tastes even better than when using spoon”

 

          Her mother gritted her teeth. “Aish this-,” She paused and decided to just let it go. “I don't know where Hye Rin went. I saw her running out of the house earlier.”

 

          Chae Ri hummed while nodding her head in understanding.

 

“You should go out too”

 

“Nah, I'm tired” She answered lifelessly.

 

          Mrs. Oh gazed at her daughter.

 

“What?” Chae Ri stared back weirdly at her mother. “Mom please don't look at me like that it's giving me goosebumps”

 

“I don't know since when but I noticed you did changed Chae Ri-ah”

 

          She blinked at her mother and gulped hard when she noticed her serious tone.

 

“Mom what are you talking about?” She faked a chuckle.

 

“What did you do to my cheerful daughter? I miss her”

 

          Chae Ri's heart clenched upon hearing her mother's honest thoughts.

 

“Mom-”

 

          Mrs. Oh forced a small smile and enclosed her daughter between her arms. “You can always talk to me just like the old times. Tell me what's wrong, okay?”

 

          A tear escaped Chae Ri's eye and she hurriedly wiped it out. “I'm fine, mom!” She forced a laugh. “Really”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Chae Ri rolled to her side when her phone started ringing and reach for it from the bedside table.

 

“What?” She answered listlessly.

 

“Eonni!” Hye Rin called sweetly.

 

          Chae Ri shook her head in amusement. “Yah, I know when you start calling me that you definitely need something from me. What do you want?”

 

          Hye Rin grinned childishly. “Eonni, can you do me a favor?” She batted her eyelashes eventhough Chae Ri can't see it.

 

“Hmm, what is it?” She mumbled, still half-asleep.

 

“I-,” She hesitated.

 

“Go on before I change my mind” Chae Ri warned.

 

“There's a small blue box under my pillow can you please bring that to me over here?” Hye Rin said in fast one take.

 

          Chae Ri sat up like a robot. “Whaaaat? No! I'm too lazy to go out right now”

 

“Chae, it's okay not to be okay”

 

“What are you talking about?” She laughed nervously.

 

“You don't want to go out because you're afraid that you might see him and you'll have to let go of the fantasy you've lived in for three years” Hye Rin blurrted out.

 

          Chae Ri bit her lower lip, trying to keep the tears that's forming in her eyes to fall out.

 

“Three years is enough. You've already proven that you love him and now is the time to do his part. If he still doesn't show up and explain everything, then I'm afraid you have to let him go and move on”

 

          Tears inevitably roll down her cheeks as Hye Rin's words hit her in the heart like a bullet.

 

“Where do I have to bring that box?” She finally uttered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Hye Rin waved her hands up in the air when she spotted Chae Ri walking down the street.

 

          When she reached her cousi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter