Chapter 8

Fate-Kissed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VIII

 

     Three long years had gone by, but Chae Ri's heart remained hoping and waiting for Tae Hyung to return. Some may say that not having a closure is the closure but for her, that is the cruelest and most painful thing one could ever experience in a separation.

 

     When they arrived in Canada three years ago, Chae Ri distracted herself from thinking about Tae Hyung by taking care of her grandfather after her grandmother's burial.

 

     Two years later, her parents decided for them to go back to Korea since a big oppurtunity for his father's career came. But their grandfather doesn't want to leave the country where he and his wife made many happy memories together and so the kind-hearted Chae Ri decided to stay with him.

 

     One year later then, Chae Ri's grandfather finally decided to let things go and move back to Korea. But by then, when fate is telling her to face the thing she's most afraid of, Chae Ri is still unprepared of what's yet to come.

 

 

“Noona!” Jin Ho waved his hands cheerfully together with his parents when they spotted Chae Ri pushing the wheelchair of his grandfather towards them.

 

     Mrs. Oh hugged her daughter tightly from happiness in seeing her again. Her husband took over in pushing his father's wheelchair after giving her daughter a kiss in the forehead.

 

“Grandpa!” Jin Ho ran beside his grandfather and handed him the huge poster drawn with smileys around the words 'WELCOME BACK!' written in big colorful letters. “I made this for you” He showed everyone a proud grin.

 

“What a sweet young boy” The old man shuffled Jin Ho's hair in joy.

 

“What about mine?”

 

     Jin Ho gave his sister a blank expression.

 

“Yah!” Chae Ri yammered like a little kid.

 

     Their parents giggled at their childrens' teasing but obviously loving actions towards each other.

 

“So Chae Ri-ah, how do you find Korea after 3 long years?” Her father asked casually.

 

     Chae Ri looked around and heaved a heavy sigh. “Fine, I guess.” She bit her lower lip. “I think nothing has changed here. I can't see any difference.”

 

     Mrs. Oh chuckled. “Oh no dear. You can only say that because we're still inside the airport. Wait until you get a chance to look around Seoul once again. A lot of things has changed.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

     Chae Ri groaned under her pillow, annoyed from the blinding sun rays that went through the window. She mentally slapped her face from forgetting to unravel the curtains before dozing off to sleep last night. Though she really can't blame herself for being too exhausted from hours of air travel.

 

“Good morning sleepy head!”

 

     She jolted in surprise from the sudden outburst. She unwillingly pushed herself up and faced the intruder.

 

“Kyaaaaaaa!” Chae Ri jumped out of her bed from happiness upon laying eyes on her maternal cousin who happens to be just as crazy as her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter