Chapter 10

Fate-Kissed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Annyeong! I'm back :) Sorry for my long absence. You'll forgive me, right? Pretty please?? *batters eyelashes* Anyways, here it goes! Finally! The long wait is over! ChaeHyun love story is setting off! I hope you'll enjoy and continue look forward for my future updates :) Saranghae bbuing! 

 

X

 

 

        After turning into ice for a moment, Chae Ri found herself stumbling out of the cafe.

 

"Wait!" Baek Hyun ran after her.

 

        Chae Ri kept her sight fixed ahead. Tears inevitably roll down her eyes as images of Tae Hyung flashes inside her mind like bullets shot straight in her heart.

 

"Miss!"

 

        Chae Ri hesitantly stopped on her tracks, but still with her back facing him. She clenched her fists tightly and gulped hard.

 

"I said I'm Baek Hyun”

 

"I heard," She whispered. Trying not to get herself caught crying like crazy.

 

        Baek Hyun's normal grin crept all over his face. "Then I think it's time for you to tell me yours"

 

        Chae Ri shut her eyes tight. This is bad. I shouldn't have stopped. He'll think I'm some kind of a lunatic crying-

 

"I promise I'll go right after you take this"

 

        Slowly, she opened her eyes and landed her sight at a hand yielding a handkerchief from behind. Hesitatingly, she took it with ambivalence.

 

        As promised, as soon as Chae Ri took it, Baek Hyun did started walking away, back to his cafe.

 

"How did you know--wait," Her voice came out almost like a whisper.

 

        She spun around to call him louder for the second time but as soon as she was about to open , she just caught a glimpse of him before disappearing around a corner.

 

        Strangely, she felt a tinge weird sensation inside her chest after seeing the guy leaving her behind. Chae Ri shook her head in disbelief at herself for feeling gloomier while replaying the image of Baek Hyun walking away from her. She let out a heavy sigh and decided to head back home to get some rest.

 

 

 

 

“Chae Ri-ah? Eonni!”

 

        Chae Ri stirred from her sleep upon hearing her name being called out for the nth time.

 

“Whyyy???” She whined listlessly, still with her eyes shut tightly.

 

        Her bedroom door banged open and she jolted in surprise.

 

“Booya? What are you doing Oh Chae Ri?!” Hye Rin exclaimed.

 

        Chae Ri shuffled her hair in annoyance and sat up mechanically, sending daggers straight into her cousin's eyes. “WHAT?!”

 

        Hye Rin blinked in confusion. “What's with the attitude? I'm supposed to be the one throwing tantrums right now”

 

“What are you even talking about?” Chae Ri's brows furrowed in bewilderment.

 

“The party?” Hye Rin crossed her arms with a matter-of-fact look.

 

“What party?”

 

        She rolled her eyes, dragged Chae Ri off her bed and pushed her towards the bathroom. “I think it's a better idea if you go change into something pretty right now before I go crazy and haul you all the way to the club in that kind of clothes”

 

“Whaaat?” Her eyes rounded in disbelief. “Club? We're clubbing? Why? NO I'M NOT GOING!” Chae Ri struggled with all her might.

 

“Hey you can't back out right now you said yes when I asked you about this!”

 

“I did? When? Did I really agreed with you? Oh my God why did I?”

 

“When you were in the U.S. I called and told you about my boyfriend's upcoming birthday party and that day is today genius!”

 

        Chae Ri stopped in struggling upon remembering. “That's today?” She blinked. “Can’t you just let me go this once, please? I'm really not in the mood for clubbing right now I can't-”

 

“Whyyyy??? Mom said I can't go without you” Hye Rin pouted.

       

        Chae Ri slumped down the floor in defeat. “Eh? Why would aunt say that? Why me? Why?”

 

 

        Loud music entered their ears as they stepped inside the club. Chae Ri gave Hye Rin a blank expression when the girl started dancing, too excited to keep still.

 

“Oh Chae Ri!” Hye Rin gave her a look.

 

“What?” She answered, avoiding her cousin’s eyes.

 

“You seriously need to cut it off!” Hye Rin spat. “Whatever’s bothering you right now, please, just for tonight, stop thinking about it, okay?”

 

        Chae Ri let out a heavy sigh and nodded. “Sorry”

 

“Good,” She smiled. “Now, I need you to take care of yourself. I need to check on something. You know, part of my surprise for my boyfriend.” Hye Rin blushed at the thought of him.

 

“Oh God, you’re so whipped” Chae Ri remarked.

 

        Hye Rin chuckled. “I’ll be just right there,” She pointed at a private room’s door. “See you later”

 

“Later” Chae Ri waved her cousin goodbye.

 

        She wandered around for a bit before finding a seat in a corner. A girl came and handed her a set of drinks. She settled with a cocktail an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter