The Movie

Just the Way You Are (VHope Drabbles)

 

"No!" TaeHyung shouted, jerking his phone from his best friend, JiMin's grip. He was not going to allow JiMin to ruin this for him. "You can't tell him anything!"

TaeHyung and JiMin were supposed to go watch a movie together tonight, and they had even already bought the tickets for it. However, something came up and now JiMin was unable to make it. Since JiMin wasn't able to go, there was a spare ticket left, and TaeHyung didn't want to go alone. He asked all of his friends: JungKook, YoonGi, and NamJoon. None of them had time tonight. That's when JiMin came up with the oh-so-brilliant idea to invite HoSeok out on a date to the movies, which TaeHyung was strictly against. Yes, TaeHyung wanted to date HoSeok, but he wanted to do on his own terms. NOT because his best friend forced it to happen. "Besides, why does it have to be a date when I'm asking him!" TaeHyung was getting a bit annoyed. "It's not a date when I'm asking you or YoonGi."

JiMin easily snatched the phone back from TaeHyung and cuckled because he was too easy. "That's because your not in love with me or YoonGi." JiMin said as he opened TaeHyung's phone and found HoSeok's name. 

"I am too." TaeHyung said and paused for a moment. "I'm madly in love with you." He did his best to keep a serious expression, but he can't be sure how well he did on that.

JiMin laughed shoving TaeHyung's phone back at him. "There." He said. "If he doesn't have time for you, he's not worth it. He was just complaining yesterday about not having anything to do this weekend."

"What!" TaeHyung asked looking at his phone. "You sent the message? Park JiMin~"

TaeHyung looked at the phone to see what JiMin had written to HoSeok. Knowing his best friend, it was probably something ridiculousl, over the top, and nothing short of completely embarrassing. "HoSeok hyung! I have a spare movie ticket to The Fault in Our Stars. Do you want to watch it with me?" TaeHyung gave JiMin a blank look. "That's it?" He asked.

"Well, don't look so surprised." JiMin said. "What were you expecting? A heartfelt confession? It's not as hard as you thought, is it?"

"Then it's not a date." TaeHyung said, looking at his phone.

"It's a date." JiMin spoke just as TaeHyung's phone went off with a text message from HoSeok with the same exact words: "It's a date."

"Nooooo." TaeHyung whined. "It can't be a date! That puts a lot of pressure on me. What do I wear? What do I say? How should I act?"

"Tae." JiMin tried to get his friends attention as TaeHyung went on listing a bunch of random questions. "Tae. Tae!" The third time TaeHyung finally stopped to look at him. "You'd be worrying about this even if it wasn't a date because it's with HoSeok. Wear what you have, and be yourself. You'll be fine."

...

Wear what you have, and be yourself. You'll be fine.

JiMin's words kept playing through TaeHyung's head as he waited at the movie theater for HoSeok to show up. Maybe his friend was right. He should just be himself. It was the easiest thing he could do, and if he wanted HoSeok to like him, he definitely didn't want him to like a him that wasn't him? Right?

"TaeHyung!" HoSeok called as he ran up to meet Tae in front of the movie theaters. "Couldn't you have waited inside? It's freezing out here."

Good. HoSeok was also wearing...what he would wear on any other day. Of course he was. They were just going to a movie, it wasn't like TaeHyung had invited him to a ball or a fancy dinner. "I was afraid you wouldn't see me if I waited inside."

"Let's go on, then." HoSeok said, grabbing TaeHyung's wrist and dragging him inside the building.

...

Once the movie ended, the two walked around town for a little while. "Your hands must be freezing." HoSeok said, taking off his right glove and handing it to TaeHyung.

TaeHyung looked at the elder curiously as he wondered what it was for. "What good will this do? Then we'll both just have one cold hand." TaeHyung said.

"Put it on, then I'll tell you." HoSeok said.

TaeHyung did just as HoSeok told him, but he first tried putting it on his left hand. "Tae, it's right handed glove." HoSeok stopped him. "It doesn't work if you put it on your left hand."

"I believe it goes both ways, hyung." Was TaeHyung's response.

HoSeok gave TaeHyung a deadpan stare for a moment before TaeHyung gave in and put the glove on the right hand. HoSeok grabbed TaeHyung's left hand and held it inside his jacket pocket. "And now, both of our hands are warm." HoSeok said.

At the end of the walk, TaeHyung and HoSeok were standing outside of TaeHyung's apartment. TaeHyung had so much fun, he didn't want the night to end. "Let's do this again sometime." He said, not finding the courage to say what he actually wanted to say.

"Let's." HoSeok said, lifting TaeHyung's face up and placing a sweet kiss on his cheek. To that, TaeHyung pouted a little. JiMin would kiss TaeHyung on the cheek, so, to TaeHyung, cheek kisses were things that were done amongst best friends. "You're difficult to satisfy, you know that?" HoSeok asked before kissing TaeHyung again, but this time on the lips.

TaeHyung felt his heart skip a beat as soon as their lips connected. He closed his eyes, getting lost in the moment. When their lips separated, HoSeok left with a simple "Goodnight."

TaeHyung entered the house with the biggest smile on his face. "I told you it was a date." JiMin's voice rang out from the kitchen.

"Dammit, JiMin! You weren't supposed to be home so soon." TaeHyung called to his best friend.

...

"I forgot to return your glove." TaeHyung messaged HoSeok before going to bed that night.

"Don't worry. I'll hold your hand again." Was HoSeok's reply.

TaeHyung fell asleep that night feeling like a teenage girl, with a shy smile on his face.

Story 2
The Movie

 

Word Count: 1036

Author's Note: The second story in my drabble collection for VHope. Yes. I used an incredibly overused and cliché story line, but you know what? I had fun writing it. I hope you have fun reading it. 

Oh and "The Fault in Our Stars" is a movie that came out like last year that I never saw...so I don't know if it's any good. My friends said it was amazing, and my family said it . If you don't like, I'm horribly sorry. I just didn't know any cute romance stories that are in theaters now. (^_^;)

Don't forget that you are free to request any plots you want~