[001]

Another First Love Story

[001]

 

Mark’s feet pranced nervously over the dark asphalt of the sidewalk, his hands were stuffed deep into his pockets while he watched his visible breath in the cool winter air. A quick look onto his watch revealed him that he came early. Too early.

Mark was always on time when he was about to meet someone but he wasn’t the type who came over half an hour earlier like today. He hated waiting.

The reason why he didn’t care about it today was no other than Wang Jackson. Mark waited the whole day, to be honest the whole week, for this evening. Because he finally had a date with Jackson, his long-term crush.

It happened four days ago as Jackson asked him out. School finished late that day and Mark was about to go home and rest, when he heard a deep voice calling him from behind...

 

 

 

“Mark! Mark, wait for me!”

Mark turned around, as he heard someone calling after him. Surprise was written all over his face as he recognized Jackson, his crush for over three years already. They had been in the same class since first grade of high school, but since Jackson was in the same basketball club as him, he had known him for years. He was always impressed by Jackson’s nimble and quick motions when it came to basketball. He literally loved watching his trainings and missed not a single game of his. He was Mark’s inducement for practicing even harder since he wished nothing more than getting better and being in the same team as Jackson. But no matter how hard he tried he was never as good as the younger boy, so the only thing he could do was watching him silently. That was when he noticed not only how amazing Jackson played but also how great he looked, how nice his personality and how funny his humor was. And how much he had already fallen for him.  

It felt like heaven for Mark as he saw Jackson sitting in the same classroom as him on his first day at high school. The butterflies tingled wildly in his stomach as he watched Jackson’s back the whole lesson long. Instead of listening to his teacher’s words his mind drifted off to his beloved.

It got worse as the next school year begun and the teacher decided to do the place distribution by himself. Mark had thought that his teacher really had hated him or at least that he didn’t want Mark to get good grades as he seated Jackson right next to him.

Mark always felt hot and nervous when he sat next to his crush, it was so terrible that he could only barely listen to his teachers. And every time their arms or legs touched accidentally his whole body tickled. They’d never shared a single word with each other and Mark was just too shy to change this fact. So he was more than surprised as he saw Jackson calling out for him and running in his direction. The black haired male panted heavily as he stopped in front of the older boy but quickly regained his normal breath.   

“Ah, I ran through the whole school as I saw you leaving,” Jackson confessed with a soft, embarrassed chuckle.

“I’m sorry?” Mark didn’t know what to say so it’s sounded more like a question than an apology.

“No, no. That’s okay, really. It was my fault after all that I didn’t ask you earlier.”

“Ask me what?” Mark felt his heart pumping his blood in an abnormal speed.

“Ask you that I… No, if you would like to meet me at the cinema on Friday evening. There’s this new movie running that I really want to see.”

Mark was completely frozen; all he understood was ‘meet’ and ‘this Friday’. Only those words made him incredibly happy, too happy, so he had to pull himself together in order to not jump into Jackson’s arms immediately.

“Sounds great,” He put all his effort into controlling his facial expression. So there was only a small smile on his otherwise serious looking face.

“Then, see you at quarter to six on Friday,” Jackson seemed to be happy as he waved at Mark and went away. The rest of the day Mark couldn’t do anything else than smiling like a fool.

 

 

 

A gentle Smile crept up his face as he remembered how Jackson asked him out. Still the otherwise calm and quiet boy felt all jumpy and it was very hard for him to stand still.

With every look onto his watch his tense increased until there were only five minutes left before their date officially started. At this point Mark’s whole body started to shiver, and that’s not because of the cold weather, while his heart beat rapidly against his chest. His fingers grasped tightly around the fabric on the inside off his pockets as he saw a small figure coming his way. It was Jackson with a wide grin plastered on his face as he identified Mark.

“Hey Mark. I’m sorry. Have you been waiting for long?” Jackson welcomed him.

Mark shook his head. “No, it’s fine,” He smiled at the other boy.

Jackson returned the grin as he nodded towards the cinema. “Let’s go in. It’s cold out here.”

 

 

After the two boys had bought some big popcorn and two cokes they entered the cinema hall. The lights were already turned off but still they easily found their respective seats quite in the middle of the room.

“That’s a great seat, you can see perfectly from here,” Jackson stated, “But it’s very empty as well. It’s like we’re the only one.”

Mark swallowed as he looked around and noticed that there were only about five other people sitting in this big room. And they sat with such a distance, with the movie playing they probably couldn’t even hear Mark screaming, if Jackson should try to or murder him. Not that Mark thought Jackson would do things like that. He was so cute smiling right now that Mark couldn’t do anything but smiling along like an idiot.

 

“Are you feeling uncomfortable?” Jackson suddenly asked, a serious expression plastered on his face. It seemed that he noticed Mark’s uncertain face while he observed the hall.

Mark quickly shook his head, then his lips turned into a soft smile. “No no. It’s just that I’m a bit nervous.” A bit is good, he thought, I’m feeling like my heart is exploding right now! Oh god, please just don’t let Jackson notice how I tremble.

“Ah, you don’t have to be nervous at all, Mark,” Jackson said in a gentle voice while he carefully stretched out his hand and intertwined their fingers.

Mark froze and he felt his cheeks becoming hotter and hotter.

That’s not really helping, Jackson, he thought and averted his gaze. Fortunately the movie started right in this moment what saved Mark from an answer. He leaned back, his glance locked on the big screen in front of him but he couldn’t concentrate on the movie at all. Jackson’s smooth warm skin on his own made it impossible for him to think about or to focus on anything else. His heart was still beating fast in his ribcage and he was so incredible nervous, for a moment there was this idea in his mind to just run away.

But right in this moment he heard Jacksons hilarious and at the same time endless sweet laugh which reminded him why he was here. Because he loved Jackson. And because he wanted him to return his feelings.

 

“Have you seen this?” Jackson nearly yelled, “This was just so ing awesome!”

Mark quickly forced himself to focus on the movie but the only things he could see were burning cars as well as running and screeching people. He concluded that he missed the explosion scene.

“Ah yeah, really awesome” He just said but it sounded not even half honest.

“Yah Mark, what’s up with you? Don’t you like action movies?”

“I do…”

“So you just dislike this movie?”

“No, that’s not it.”

“But why is your mind absent then?”

Mark took a deep breath and opened his mouth to speak. Maybe it was his tense which made the words leaving his mouth without his chance to think about them twice. He flushed nearly instantly after they were said. “I can’t concentrate on the movie because you are holding my hand.”

Jackson blinked in confusion, his hand immediately got off Mark’s.

It took a while until an apologetic expression appeared on his face. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you feeling awkward,” He said in a low voice.

Mark wasn’t really sure but he noticed some disappointment in his voice.

Mark got afraid. Did he mess up their date?

He wanted to clear things, wanted to say that it wasn’t awkward at all, rather a pleasant and heady feeling and that the sudden loss of Jackson’s hand made him feeling somehow cold but he didn’t want to make things worse so he just kept silent and tried his best to follow the movie.

 

 

As the movie ended - Mark had indeed managed to get some parts of the storyline - he noticed how quiet Jackson had been since the incident. He sometimes had shifted in his seat and looked like he was about to say something but nothing more than some whispered comments had left his mouth. Mark felt bad. He felt like he ruined the mood and was afraid that Jackson would go home immediately and never wanted to meet him again. Therefore he was more than surprised as Jackson asked him to go and get some drinks together.

 

Since the Bubbletea shop, were they got their sweet drinks, was very crowded, both decided to just walk along the city park. There was an awkward silence between them, both boys were just nibbling on their straws, and Mark really wanted to break it but he didn’t know what to say. So he kept his mouth shut, hoping that Jackson would bring up a topic. Fortunately Jackson always knew something to talk about but in this case Mark wasn’t really sure if he didn’t want the silence back.

 

“So… Is this your first date?” Jackson asked bluntly, his eyes focused on the other boy. Mark immediately chocked on his Tea. He stopped in his moves, his gaze wandered to Jackson. “D-date?”

“Of course,” Jackson answered, uncertainty swinging along with his words, “Or what did you think this is?”

A wide beaming smile crept up Marks face while he started to walk again. Of course he had thought that this was a date. But still there had been fear in his mind, telling him that Jackson just wanted to hang around as friends.

Jackson had to grin as he saw the red-haired male smiling. “So, is it or not?” He repeated his question and this time Mark was willing to answer it. He didn’t have to think much about it because although he was really handsome he was only rarely asked to go on dates. And it was even rarer that he agreed.

 

“It’s my first time with another boy. But I’ve had some dates with girls before.”

Actually Mark wanted to return the question but Jackson was faster and asked the next thing he was curious about, “Did you have a girlfriend?”

Mark shook his head. “No, never.”

Jackson’s lips turned into a satisfied smile. “That’s great.”

Mark’s heart started to fasten its speed again as he hesitantly asked the next question. “What about you?”

Did he really want to hear this answer? For a moment he thought about cutting Jackson’s words but in the end he was happy that he didn’t do this.

“Not really,” A light chuckle escaped Jackson’s lips along with his words, “There was a boy I liked before but I was always too shy to ask him out. Lastly we met in town but only for him to date some girl he was fallen for. They became a couple after that.”

So he’s only interested in man, Mark discovered after he noticed that Jackson was the only dude he knew who he was in any way attracted to.

“It was quite hard to ask you out actually,” Jackson suddenly said with a nervous chuckle. Goosebumps rushed over Mark’s skin after he heard these words. “Happily you did.”

 


A/N.: That's the first chapter. I'm not really satisfied with it anymore but whatever^^

Actually this story was planned to be an one shot, so their relationship starts right away (I couldn't stop writing that's why I made a short chaptered story out of it).

I hope you enjoyed MarkSon's first date as much as they did. lol

Feel free to leave some subs, comments & maybe votes. That would make me reallllly happy *w*