[004]

Another First Love Story

[004]

 

"You did what?!" Jinyoung's voice wasn't only too high for a boy who had already been in his puberty, it also cracked. Boys and girls who were sitting around them looked at them with curious faces.

 

"Shhh!" Mark made in order to calm Jinyoung down. What he was talking about wasn't something he wanted the whole bubbletea shop to know. 

It was Thursday and Mark had refused to tell Jinyoung about his date while they were still in school. There were just too many people who could wittness their conversation. So he dragged him to this shop, far away from school who none of his classmates happened to be.

 

Mark continued to talk in a low voice, "And you've understood me right. Jackson kissed me."

 

"Oh. My. God. How was he?" Jinyoung wanted to know in a hyper tone, his fingers gripping around the table's edge, "Depending on his looks he must be a great kisser."

 

"Nah, honestly I don't know. He kissed me but… only on my cheek," Mark confessed, his head hung low while he was pointing to his cheek.

 

"But that's even cuter!" Jinyoung squealed, ignoring the fact that the other guests were staring at them again. Opposite to Mark, he didn't care about getting much attention. As a dancer, he was quite used to it and rather loved it. Plus he didn't mind if someone listened, they didn't know him anyway. "I'm sure he's just as shy and nervous as you are."

 

Mark's eyes widened as he looked up again. "Jackson and nervous and shy? That are words you can't use in the same sentence, Jinyoung," Mark said, "Jackson's always so self-confident. He knows that he's great."

 

"Don't tell me, Mark. Everyone is getting shy in front of the person they like," Jinyoung stated, drinking from his lemon flavoured tea. He cutted Mark as he was about to say something, "And now, don't tell me something like, 'I don't know if he likes me this way'. Hell he wouldn't date neither hold your hand or kiss you when he wouldn't like you."

 

Mark was equally amazed than scared as he noticed how well Jinyoung knew him. It was like the younger one could read his mind. And he was right - Mark was still uncertain. Jackson may be obvious but still there was this little voice in his head, telling him Jackson liked him, but only as a friend.

 

"Maybe you're right," Mark agreed still uncertain, drinking from his own tea.

 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes at his words but stayed silent. He knew it wouldn't make any sense to try to convince him. "Let's go to your place after we drank this. We haven't played together for a while now."

 

Mark nodded in agreement and hurried to drink his tea. Playing with Jinyoung was something Mark would never get tired of.

 

 

 

"I'm home!" Mark shouted as he and Jinyoung entered his house. No answer was coming back so he concluded that nobody was at home. He shrugged his shoulders as he lead Jinyoung into his room. But not without stopping in the kitchen first to grab some snacks. 

 

 

"When will you meet again?" Jinyoung asked suddenly. They had been playing soccer on Mark's PlayStation for a while now. Their conversations had only been based on the game so at first Mark didn't know what his friend meant.

 

"Ah, we didn't set a new date. But he asked me this morning if I'm free on Sunday. Don't know what he has planned."

 

"Do you still exchange this cute messages?"

 

Mark turned red by the thought of the compliment filled messages he received and typed. Jinyoung had kept whining until Mark showed them to him. He was still embarrassed about it. 

 

"Yeah. Not that much as at the beginning, though. He's very busy with his basketball practice these days. There's this match next weekend."

 

Jinyoung smirked knowingly. "You're going to watch it, aren't you?"

 

"Of course I am… Ha! Made a goal!" Mark used Jinyoungs short distraction to bring the ball into the net. And to change the topic. Both worked. But not for long.

 

"That was unfair," Jinyoung complained. "However, would you mind if I accompany you that day? I really want to see your lover in action."

 

"He isn't my lover," Mark stated, acting angry as he slapped Jinyoungs shoulder. "We are only dating!"

 

"Whom are you daiting?" A sudden, familiar voice appeard behind the boys.

 

Mark turned around in shock. His sister was standing in the doorframe, arms crossed in front of her chest, one eyebrow was raised. He didn't notice that someone came back home.

 

"Noona...," Mark gulped. How much did his sister get this time?

 

"I knew you're dating someone! Tell me her name! Is she pretty?" In the instant of one second Grace wasn't standing in the door any longer instead she was sitting across from Mark, blocking the view to the TV.

 

"Yah, Noona! I can't see anymore!" Jinyoung whined. 

 

"That's how you greet someone you haven't seen for almost a year?" Grace shot back, "Who thaught you your manners?"

 

"Who thaught you your's Noona?" It was Mark defending Jinyoung, "Coming into your brother's room withouth knocking. And the worst you even overheard your brother's conversation. Did you ever hear from privacy?"

 

"More than you think cutie," she answered, pinching his cheeks, "But why don't you tell me? It isn't a shame to have a girlfriend in your age. Or is she that ugly you have to hide her?"

 

"I don't tell you because there isn't something to tell. I don't freaking have a girlfriend!"

 

Right in this moment Mark's phone rung. Three pairs of eyes shot to the device lying on Mark's bed. Two pairs of hands were reaching for it in an instant.

 

"Ha!" Grace made after she successfully grabbed Mark's phone before the latter was able to.

 

"Hand it to me, Noona! That's not fair!" Mark whined as he tried to get his phone back. 

 

Grace just pushed him away and unlocked his screen. "Oh," She sighed, "It's from some Jackson. He says he can't go out on Sunday and askes if you're free today. So boring."

 

"Gosh! You're going right?" Jinyoung earned a confused glare from Grace due to his enthusiastically reaction but he just ignored it. "I know we said we would stay here and play games this evening but you can't refuse him, alright? You have to go!"

 

"Calm your , Jinyoung. I'm going to go, don't worry."

 

"Why is he like this?" Grace whispered to Mark, a disgusting expression plastered on her face. "Who's this Jackson guy? It isn't the nickname for your girlfriend, is it?"

 

"Jackson plays basketball in the same club as me. We're friends and Jinyoung is like his fan. He always fanboys really hard about him," Mark said through gritted teeth.

 

"Waaah, that's too cute. Didn't thought there's a little fangirl inside of you."

 

"Isn't it in everyone of us?" Jinyoung stole a glance from Mark. It was obvious that he wasn't pleased with the latter's story. But also he knew it was kind of his own fault.

 

"Marki, please introduce me to this Jackson guy later, will you? Jinyoungie likes him, so he must be amazing," Grace said, smiling widely. Until now, every boy she met through Jinyoung was either very attractive or had a great personality. Some even both.

 

"And I'm not the only one liking him", Jinyoung said mysteriously, earning another hit from Mark.

 

 

 

A/N.: First I'm sorry for the late update. But I'm in the middle of a writer's block right now and I'm everything but satisfied with what I write. What do you think? Is it too bad?

 

Then, there wasn't anything happening between Mark and Jacks (sorry) but still I liked to write this chapter. I didn't mean to make Jinyoung sound like some crazy fangirl, though. It jut happened OTL.

By the way, I noticed this story is awful to read because of the different space between the lines, the A/N  and all. I'm sorry for this, it's only because I always write and upload with my phone. But I'll change it soon~