Chapter 3 Krystal vs. Zico

Unpretty Rapstar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Krystal sent her confession poem to P.O. they’ve started hanging out with each other; talking about music, future plans after graduation, and how they both started rapping. Then when a week past P.O. finally had the courage to ask Krystal out on a date.

“P.O. do you really have to cover my eyes with your hands, you making me bumping into people?!” Krystal nagged.

They were walking through the crowded streets known as Hongdae. It was around 8pm and things were getting more and more live, street performers dancing to the latest K-Pop songs while the food vendors started cooking delicious dishes.

“Stop worrying babe you’re fine, anyway I’d be pretty impressed if you didn’t bump into anybody it is crowded out here,” P.O. said while leading her through the people traffic.

“And no peeking, it’s supposed to be a surprise!”

“Babe?! Since when did our relationship hit that ‘pet name’ level?” Krystal said with a smirk.

“Since now, now stop slowing walking slowly you’re going to make my trip.” He chuckled.

Finally they reached their destination which was this club venue called “Vibe Out”. It’s one of the hottest underground spots in Hongdae where even celebrities go to have a good time. As Krystal went further into the building she heard bass-pumping music that made her want to stop and just start winding her body to the beat. She heard people talking to P.O. as if everybody in the club knew him, but one conversation got her attention.

“Hey P.O. why haven’t you called me, I missed you?!” said a girl voice in the background.

“Yeah what’s goin’ on I heard you just moved here!” shouted a guy voice

“Why don’t you get a drink with us for old times’ sake huh?!” the girl's voice pleaded.

“Sorry Myung-Hee I’m on a date, but maybe next time!” P.O. said brightly.

After he said those magic words Krystal quickly move his hands and she proudly shouted,

“Hi, I’m Krystal it’s nice to meet you!”

As her vision started to adjust to the darkness of the room she soon regretted her out-burst. In front of her was this good-looking couple wearing the latest urban fashion, some of them were actual expensive labels. The guy was really handsome, I mean if EXO Kai and Jay Park made a baby it would look like this guy. He wore a beanie with a designer graphic t-shirt, some baggy cargo shorts and some Jordan shoes to match.

“…Um yeah Krystal, this is one of my hometown friends Shin.” P.O. told Krystal who was still frozen by Shin’s good looks.

“Hi…er…um...” Krystal mumbled

Shin chuckled and said,

“What’s up, Krys it’s very nice to meet you.”

Krystal mind just went into overload, making her think, *Oh my god, I just got nicknamed by P.O. and now this delicious being somebody catches me!!* when all of a sudden she heard someone clear their throat very loudly,

“Uh…!” Myung-Hee shouted

“Aren’t you going to introduce me, Shin?!”

Krystal turned to look at the girl and again stunned by the beauty, she had long legs, but she look like she was around 5.5”. She had short “little boy blue” haircut, wearing a black laced corset and a leather mini jacket. She also had on some ripped, tight skinny jeans and some fierce black wedges on too.

“Ah sorry, babe.” Shin apologized while scratching the back of his neck, P.O. turned around laughing and tried introduced her to Krystal.

“Krystal, this is Myung-Hee….”

“Shin’s fabulous and y girlfriend, how are you!” Myung-Hee interrupted as she put her hand out towards Krystal in a snobby manner.

“Um…yeah~ it’s nice to meet you too,” Krystal said as she awkwardly shook her hand.

“It’s been nice seeing you again man, but Krystal and I should get back to our date I’ll talk to you later though,” P.O. said politely

“Alright, alright we‘ll catch you guys later; enjoy the show,” Shin said while heading towards the exit with Myung-Hee on his arm, but then stopped and turned back around towards P.O.

“Oh yeah, haven’t you heard? Zico’s gonna perform tonight!”

“Zico?!” P.O. replied back with fear behind his voice.  

“Uh-huh, he wanted me to tell you, but you changed your phone number so I didn’t how to reach you not to mention what happened between you guys,” Shin said.

“Oh, why would he care if I showed up!?” P.O. said angrily

Krystal still confused as to how he even knows Zico and that he’s angry about Zico inviting him.

“I don’t know, but it sounds fishy to me. Anyway, I hope you guys have a quiet reunion!” He said jokingly

“Whatever, tell your mom I said hi okay!” P.O. said while ignoring Shin’s last comment.

As the song ended the crowd started to applaud the owner as she came on stage who looked like a Korean version of Lil Kim.

“What’s up my y freaks are you ready to party!” she shouted

The crowd went wild; jumping up and down with excitement while Krystal was still worried about the conversation P.O. had with his friends.

“Now tonight we got a special guest here with us, he’s the twisted genius that we all love, hate and respect; my man Zico~!”

Krystal turned around to look at P.O. in confusion, but he just looked back at her smiling pointing towards the stage; signaling for her to turn around and pay attention.

“I don’t get it, where’s the surprise P.O.?” Krystal whispered to P.O.

He then wrapped his arms around her from the back and whispered into her ear; giving her a chill up her spin,

“Shhh, just enjoy the performance I’ll let you know when the surprise comes.”

Krystal started to blush and then turned toward the stage where she saw the Zico come on stage. For Krystal he wasn’t really her type; he just looked like any other guy trying to look like he’s down with the clique, but she tried not to judge too hard and just listen to his song. The song started with a smooth vocal loop at the beginning, getting the crowd in the mood setting he wanted and then the beat dropped with a cool “New York” style drum track then he starts his first verse.

I only chased after my dreams so hard

I can’t see the finish line because I couldn’t be satisfied

It’s the hard knock life, I’m the type to be more comfortable

With working hard rather than taking things slow

One by one, producers are starting to imitate my character

But ZICO grew not with practice but with experience

For four years, there were all sorts of criticisms and family matters

Breathing felt like smoking a cigarette, you know what I mean?

Get over it and move on, I opened my eyes wide and overcame it all

I embraced my family, pulled through for friends

I’ve got the swank of no other man

What I spend isn’t on luxury but on compensation

Just like letters getting blurry when read up too close

We don’t know our own troubles

L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter