Prologue

Unpretty Rapstar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are we going, dad?!” Krystal said to her dad while he was holding her hand.

“Sorry sweetie, if I tell you it wouldn’t be a surprise.”

As he chuckled searching through the crowd in the bustling street of Hongdae, the first time she’s been there at night because her mother was worried that it would be too dangerous. Krystal was so mesmerized by the bright lights advertising the stores and the smell of freshly fried chicken that she wasn’t scared at all and her being a six-year-old you can see why.  Krystal and her dad didn't usually do this, but since her mom was busy with work and Krystal eldest sister, Jessica was still in school her dad decided to take her out until then. Which was okay for Krystal because she always thought that her dad was much cooler than her mom, which confused her on why they got married!

"Dad~! I’m tired of walking are we there yet?” Krystal whined.

Her dad pointed with excitement to this small alley next to a Noraebang, “Were here!”

Looking at the building Krystal was starting to feel a little scared and uncertain so her dad picked her up and said it wasn't anything to be afraid of and that it was just a restaurant.

“You know me and your mom used to come here when we were young and listen to live bands.” he said.

“Eww~ I don’t want to listen to old people music!” Krystal chuckled, he started to laugh out loud and smiled.

“It may be old music, but I guarantee you you’re going to like it so try to keep an open mind when you listen to this old people music.” He replied.

Krystal couldn't do anything but think about it and she decided that maybe if her father likes it then it should be good. As Krystal’s father went down the steep, black stairs with Krystal clenching onto his hand with nervousness she was shocked to see so many people in there. The place smelled like any other barbeque restaurant they’ve been before, with Dwaeji bulgogi (Spicy pork bulgogi) and delicious Samgyeopsal (Pork belly) aromas filling the room. It was a small little area where the booths were on the right side and the middle and left side was where there were tables to sit and eat at. The kitchen was at the far right side of the building and all Krystal could see was a door and a window where they serve the food out.

“Come on daddy, let’s sit here!”

Krystal shouted with joy as she pointed to the first booth at the far end of the restaurant, that was right next to the stage. The stage was quite small with a microphone stand in the center, behind it was a little wooden stool. With such excitement, Krystal pulled her dad to the booth.

“Whoa, Whoa! Slow down Krystal I might trip!” Krystal father replied.

While her father was ordering the food Krystal started to look around and was taken back at how the customers were dressed. She only saw people who looked like celebrities with fancy clothes and cars, but she had never seen people who look like they were in a band or the bad guy she'd seen on dramas.

"Dad, is this the place where all the villains from those dramas go?" Krystal asked with such curiosity.

Her father just stared at her for a moment thinking why he let their mother close them out from the real world and finally answered, "No sweetie, they're just regular people they're not villains. Not all people look like what mother friends and co-workers and what you see on magazines."

"Good! The people mommy hangs out with are boring and mean anyway, bleh!" Krystal said with a pout.

"I agree!" Her dad laughed.

An hour went by and while Krystal and her dad finished their meal, having a good night she started to look around and the whole restaurant was packed from wall to wall. It was mostly people in their 20's and some high school students that came which brought up Krystal’s curiosity even more. Then the lights suddenly went out and everybody went silent, a bright light started to glow and you can see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter