Part III; I finally see you.

"Do you believe in destiny?"

I woke up the next morning, with a strange dream of him. I don’t usually dream of him so vividly and sometimes I barely even remembered what it was about. But, this time the dream was crystal clear that I could commit to memory every details of it. I shook my head and head to the shower as I seized my towel from the racks.

                As I was brushing my teeth, a thought came to me. It’s funny how a guy that appears in your life so suddenly for a brief moment; let’s say 2 months and a half could etch in your heart for a very, very long time. And to think I’m the type of easy to move on is rather odd to think of the same man the whole time. “He must be something else.” I said to myself. “But, who am I kidding? I won’t see him again. He already left without any trace.” Thus, I started to dismiss my train of thought that starting to make my morning dejected.

                I went to the park where I promised my friends I would be meeting them there. We planned out a picnic since we all were on our semester break and we haven’t seen each other in a while, might as well have some quality time while we can. As usual, I always be the early bird as I came before the time therefore I have to wait. I don’t mind waiting, in fact I enjoy waiting. It gave me the alone time to let my thoughts wonder.

                The leaves were scattering all over the place as they fell off from the branch. The weather was nice, too. It was shady as the sun was hiding behind clouds thus sun light weren’t beaming as usual, a perfect day to picnic with the beloved. I looked up at the tree and saw a bird was trying to make a nest, probably for the unborn hatchlings. Somehow, being under a tree made me reminds of him and I hate how I see things that have any memory of him made me dwelled into the past. What’s past is past and it should stay like that, not to be reminiscing.

                Dad was late, again. And my phone died, sadly. And I’m all alone, unfortunately. And it’s dark, dejectedly. I folded my arm as I sang ‘The Hanging Tree’ from The Hunger Games; Mockingjay to myself. Walking to and fro, hoping dad would pick me up sooner. I don’t understand why he didn’t allow me to drive to work, I mean come on, I can drive.  Of course I didn’t get my license yet, but I can drive pretty well. I stopped under a tree and leaned on it as I let out a sighed. “Please, dad. Please come faster.” I said, trying to comfort myself with the thought of being in the dark isn’t scary.

                “Rose.” I heard a voice suddenly called and I immediately turned to the voice. I knew who it was but it’s a reflex action to spin to see him upon hearing the nickname he gave me, unofficially of course. It’s not like I well accepted it or even acknowledged the name. “Still here?” he asked, approaching me to where I stood.

                I straightened my back and looked at him, feeling rather relief that he was here because somehow the creep being in the dark gets the best of me and he on the other hand, indirectly calmed me with his presence. “Yeah, dad’s running late.” I said, not bother to throw sarcasm like I usually did. He put his hand on the tree bark, leaning as he shifted his weight on one leg while the other rested. I watched him as he do it and noticed his facial structures. His cheekbones, his jaw line, even under a dim light I could notice this least details.

                “Like what you see? Take a picture. It last longer.” He smirked when he saw I was studying him. Immediately, the thought of being nice to him suddenly vanished when he was all cocky and vain. “I don’t know you. Please don’t talk to me. Mom said I can’t talk to strangers. I’m sorry.”I said, bluntly and faced away. I could hear he laughed and from the corner of my eyes, I saw he was leaning closer. “But, what if I know you?” he asked mischievously.

                “I’m sorry, sir. But, you don’t even know my name.””Oh Shinmi.” “I don’t know yours.”'Lee Sungyeol.” “We don’t know each other.” “You work in a pharmacy next to where I work.””You don’t know how old I am.” “Love doesn’t need to know numbers.””You don’t know who I am.” “You’re my rose.”

                I stopped talking and I swear I died a little inside. I refrained all my feelings from leaking and tried my best to look annoyed. I haven’t developed any romantic feelings towards him yet, but one thing for sure; he gave me the warm feelings inside. I glared at him and let out a, what supposed to be a disappointed grunt. “Look, why are you even here?”I asked, folding my arm as I glared at him. “Because your heart screaming for me.” He said cheekily as he chuckled.

                Before I could respond with any comebacks to him, he started to sing one of the famous Hindustan songs as he pretended that we were in a music video. I can’t help myself from laughing as he imitated the, what supposed to be playing hide and seek behind a tree cliché scene. I was laughing so hard I didn’t realize dad had arrived until he honked. Then the laughter died and we both instinctively put on an act in case my dad thought of us the otherwise.

                “My ride is here. Goodnight, Sungyeol-sshi.” I said, bowed my head a little as a gesture of courtesy before I walked away from him. Just as I was about to aboard into the car, I heard he was heaving a sigh of content as he watched me until I wasn’t in his sight anymore. The whole journey back home was, full of those warm feelings again. Maybe, just a little maybe, the slightest part somewhere in my heart starting to like his presence around me now. Just, maybe.