Part I; Where it all begins.

"Do you believe in destiny?"

I sauntered leisurely as I wandered around the mall with no purpose, trying to find a bench to sit down. I let out a breath and checked on my phone. It’s the third of February. The first day I went to work in a pharmacy in this mall at the lower ground level a year ago. My mind went back to the day, when I first experienced working. Reluctantly, back to him.

                “Hi, I’m wondering if there is any job vacancy here?” I asked, trying to look innocent when I suddenly spoke to the two women, who I assumed were the pharmacists. The younger looking one exchanged glances with the other as she smiled meekly to me. I didn’t know what that was supposed to mean, but after many times of rejection, I prone to expect the worst. The older woman nodded slowly as she studied my appearance and distinctively I was grateful I looked decent today.

                “Sit down first. I’ll get to you later.” She said, waving a hand to the younger woman dismissively. She went to find some forms that were meant for me to fill and asked me a few questions about myself and why I want to work there. Well, based on what everyone heard of the woman, I bet no one would go here for a job. I guess I see that as an opportunity and truthfully I don’t work for the sake of money. I didn’t even give a damn about how much will they give. I just want to work, finding a purpose of my life after I graduated from school whilst waiting for our results.

                After a few interrogations, she finally said to me, “Congratulations, you’re hired.” She rose from her seat and shook my hand as I can’t stop grinning from ears to ears, repeating the word ‘thank you’ because finally for the first time ever, I got a job. I walked out from the pharmacy, can’t stop grinning to myself. Too elated of my first achievement of finding jobs on my own, I took out my phone and rang my mom to tell her the good news. As I was too happy to even noticed anything, little did I know, I was being watched by a pair of inquisitive eyes belonged to a man, who I least expect would be etched in my heart for a very long time.