Thirty

My SM Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Cha! Eat up!" Chanyeol said as he passed me a tub of my favourite Baskin Robbin's Chocolate Cookie ice cream, which he bought on the way back to the dormitory.

"Oppa, thank you!" I said cheerfully as I greedily removed the cover lid and scooped out a spoonful of the tasty goodness. "Mmmmm!" I exclaimed happily as the rich chocolatey ice cream hit the back of my throat. "This. Is. So. Good."

"Really? Give me some." He said as he eyed the tub of ice cream hungrily.

"Oppa, you want some?" I teased playfully and brought the big spoonful of ice cream near his mouth. But before the ice cream touched his lips, I retreated the spoon and ate it instead. "No, it's mine!"

"Ya!" He pretended to be angry for a moment before snatching the whole tub from my hands. He took out a spare plastic spoon and dug in. I watched him as he ate eagerly like a small boy. An image that was a total contrast of his stage self. I couldn't help but smile at his silly and cute actions.

"Oppa! I thought you said the ice cream was for me!" I whined as I bit the empty pink spoon.

"It was! Until you decided not to share it with me." He said with a mouthful of cold ice cream, some of which were flying out of his mouth.

"Ew! Gross!" I screamed and scooted further away from him on the wooden bench.

We decided to meet at the rooftop of our dormitory building because it was getting late, about 1AM when we both got back from our work. It was the best place to avoid the public and luckily for us, no other SM couples were here tonight.

"Give me back!" I demanded. "I want my ice cream!" I threw a mini-sized tantrum like a young kid.

"Okay okay! You can finish this!" He surrendered the ice cream to me finally before throwing both hands up in the air. However, when I looked inside the tub, it was almost empty.

"Ya! Oppa! How can you finish my ice cream!" I whined.

"I didn't! I only ate 3 scoops!" He said innocently.

"Three full scoops!"

"Three scoops!" He argued.

I quickly finished up the remaining ice cream before inverting it to show that I am done.

"Do you want more?" He asked as I threw the empty tub into the recycling bins.

"Nah, I am full! Besides, I am supposed to be on a diet!"

"Who cares about diet? You are skinny enough anyway."

"Not skinny enough to satisfy the producers, apparently. And sadly."

"So... What are you going to do now?" He asked, suddenly in a serious tone.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked cautiously.

I hope he wasn't about to bring up the Sehun topic.

"I mean, with your life. Your debut was one of the most successful ones after EXO. Are you going to continue your singing career or move on to new areas?"

"I don't know? That depends on what the company wants me to do. I don't have much say in my career. Yet." I had thought about it. Usually a rookie group would stick to promoting their group before moving on to another field of entertainment. That had been the trend since H.O.T days.

"We are moving to America for a year..." He confessed. "Just so you know."

"Wait, what? That is new to me. Since when?"

"Since our meeting with Sooman appa yesterday. He said its time for EXO to explore new market, away from China and Korea. He already made plans to shift the 10 of us to America next month. Our air tickets have been booked and our accommodations have been settled. We are flying on September 1st."

"That... is so sudden... So I won't get to see you anymore? No more Baskin Robbins?" I said sadly.

"Ya! I will be gone for 12 months and all you are missing is the Baskin Robbins?!? I am disappointed, Lee Chaeyeon."

"I was just kidding! What about SMTOWN? Will you guys come back for it?"

"Of course! We are still very mobile. It's just that we will be based in America for the whole of 2016. We will concentrate on our new English album, American variety shows and dramas, American concerts and promotions. We will be having a short hiatus on our Korean ones."

"But you can't come back as and when you wish right?"

"Nope, we will probably fly back when there is an event to attend and go back straight aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter