Twenty One

My SM Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sehun-ah! Sehun-ah!! Sehun-ah!!!" I shouted as I spotted him turning around the corner of the SM building from the carpark that was behind the building. I hurriedly got off the company's van and began chased after him. However, I was stopped by Sona who grabbed hold of my arms before I could run away.

"What?" I turned back and glared at her for stopping me from seeing my boyfriend. "Let me go!" I screamed as I used all my strength to push her away. However, she withstood it and merely shook her head. She tilted her chin at something that was behind me. I turned around just in time to see a group of middle-school fan girls, still in their uniform, chasing after Sehun near the front of the building.

I felt hot tears escaping through my eyes as I looked away from the crazy fan girls and avoided eye contacts with Sona. I pushed the sunglasses that was resting at the top of my head down so as to cover any evidence of my tears. I put on both my snapback and mask, and adjusted them before walking into the building with the help of the SM security guards.

"Unnie! Can I have your signature?"

"Eliz! Can you stop and let us take a picture?"

"Pretty unnie! Look over here!"

I stopped midway in my track, nearly causing the security guard walking behind me to crash into my back. I pulled down the mask that was covering my face and managed to put on my perfected idol smile and waved at the fans before entering the building through the front door.

It had been three days since our debut showcase performance and Sehun hadn't contacted me ever since. I was lost and confused with his sudden cold treatment. I had called him more than 50 times but all my calls had gone through the voice mail instead.

I hadn't had a good sleep ever since. I had also lost my appetite entirely, resulting in a severe weight loss. My dietitian thought that the diet plan she gave me had worked out extremely well. Little did she know that I hadn't ate more than an apple per day since my debut.

I texted him and I had even cried and pleaded him to call back and talk to me in the voice mail. However, I did not get a single reply from him at all.

I rushed into the building but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Have you seen Sehun sunbae?" I asked the receptionist, Jiae.

She nodded, "he just went up but I am not sure which level he went to."

"What is EXO schedule like today?"

She took out the EXO schedule folder and scanned through quickly, her eyes darting up and down, before she looked up again and said, "EXO does not have any official schedules today."

"Did he book a practice room then?" I asked as I started to panic.

"Nope, not those in our records. Sorry-" She was unable to complete her sentence because Sona came into the building and cut her off.

"Excuse me, Lee Chaeyeon-ssi. What was that all about?" She demanded.

"Unnie, I really really need to find-"

"Stop. Lee Chaeyeon. Get your priorities right. You are here to pick Jieun up so that both of you can head for your next schedule, which is filming for 'Running Man'. You are not here for your boyfriend." She reprimanded, appearing very stern for the first time.

"You almost exposed your private relationship to the public. Do you know how dangerous it was? Do you know that you can jeopardised your career, his career and also the company's reputation?!" She continued.

"Wake up. This is not the time for your love interest. Stay here while I call for Jieun. I expect you to reflect and apologise to me once I am back." She fumed before stomping away.

"Chaeyeon-ah," Jiae began. "Are you okay?"

"Do I look okay? No, I am not okay!" I sobbed before plonking myself down on the sofa beside the reception table, crying.

"Oh, good morning Chanyeol-ssi, Jongdae-ssi, Jongin-ssi, Kyungsoo-ssi." I heard Jiae greeting the intruders.

. They are going to see my crying. I. Need. To. Stop. Sniffling.

"Ya, Chaeyeon-ah, are you okay? Why are you crying?" Jongdae exclaimed when he finally saw me.

Too late to hide now. I ignored his question and continued sobbing.

"Jiae-ah, what happened to her?" Kyungsoo asked.

"You ask her and you tell me. She's been crying the moment she stepped in."

"Chaeyeon-ah, you can tell me what happen. Jongdae oppa will be here to listen to you, okay?"

I nodded, willing myself to stop sobbing, but it only made it worse as I began crying hysterically and uncontrollably.

"Ya, Lee Chaeyeon, why are you still crying? How are we going to cover up that swollen eyes of yours? Even makeup can't help you now!" Sona exclaimed as she exited the lift with Jieun trailing behind her.

"Unnie! Unnie! Look at me!" Jieun ran forward and kneeled in front of me. She pulled my hands that was covering my face apart. "Breathe, unnie. You need to breathe."

I looked at her eyes as I followed her breathing tempo. "In, out, in, out. Yes, that's right." She said calmly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter