Sleeping Luhan

EXO Fairytales

Luhan sighed as he picked up the laundry basket. “I’m going to the river to wash the clothes!” He yelled to the fairies. He thought they were his aunts. The fairy in pink nodded and waved him off. One more day, she thought.

Luhan walked down to the river, and dipped a blue dress in water. He wanted to help out at home, and he was assigned laundry. He continued doing his laundry, when he heard the sound of hooves stamping against the ground. He jumped up in fright, and hid behind a large tree.

The sound of someone landing on the ground was barely there, but he heard it. He heard someone say, “Dresses? There’s got to be a girl somewhere around here.” It was a girl. He stiffened, ready to run away.

Suddenly, a face popped up next to him, scaring him. He let out a shrill scream as he punched the face. “Ow, what was that for?” It was the girl he heard. She was clutching her nose, which was bleeding. He quickly attempted to check on her as she shoved him aside with one hand. She ran back to her horse and pulled out a piece of cloth, holding it to her nose.

Luhan ushered the girl to his home, and the fairies were astonished to see that Luhan brought a girl home, but more shocked to see her bleeding nose. “She scared me, and I hit her.” He grimaced as he took the laundry outside to dry and to check on the horse, which the girl had tied to a wooden column outside the house. The fairies fussed about the girl and they subtly cast a spell to make the bleeding stop faster.

The girl sighed as she pulled out the cloth away from her nose. It finally slowed down. Luhan came back in, holding a clean handkerchief. He helped her clean her face, and she smiled at him. “Thanks, but I really should be going. I have to go to the castle, and I’ve been lost for ages.” The fairies smiled at her, and said, “We’re going there for a trip tomorrow! Would you like an ? If you can afford to wait, that is.”

The girl shook her head. “I’m already behind schedule. I should leave. Thank you for your hospitality.” She brushed imaginary dust off her brown clothes, and picked up her bloodied handkerchief. Luhan felt a pang of sadness; this was the first person he met. “I’ll direct you to the castle, don’t you worry. Just to the path.” She nodded, thankful for his help. The fairies were unsure, but trusted Luhan enough.

After the two left, the fairies immediately huddled together. “Could she be the one?” “I hope he comes back soon.”

Luhan held the girl’s wrist as he walked her back to her horse. She did not mount her horse, but simply untied the rope keeping the horse in place. She held the rope in her other hand, allowing Luhan to hold onto her wrist.

The two talked as they walked towards the pathway leading to the castle. He blushed as he told her he had never kissed someone before. She laughed at him and said she hadn’t either. For some reason, that made him happy.

Upon reaching the path, the girl looked at Luhan and said, “Come with me to the castle, it’s not too far away, as you said. I’ll have enough time to deliver the goods, and bring you back before the day ends.” Luhan grinned at her, and they mounted her horse.

When they reached the castle, the girl asked Luhan to look after her horse, and gave him the rope. The horse nuzzled Luhan’s cheek, giving them both enough assurance the horse would be in good hands. With a wave and a smile, the girl headed towards the guards standing at the entrance of the castle, carrying the bag of goods.

After ten minutes, Luhan sighed, leaning against part of the stone railing around the castle’s moat. He missed her already. The horse nudged him lightly, and Luhan smiled. He tied the horse to a nearby tree so it could rest in the shade.

Suddenly, Luhan’s eyes turned an emerald green, and he began walking towards the castle. “My finger hurts; I need to find something to help me..” The horse got up hurriedly, stamping its feet and letting out loud neighs, but Luhan was oblivious to it all. He walked up to the entrance, and the guards pointed their spears towards him. He lifted his left hand up, and they collapsed, falling into a deep sleep.

The gate opened, and he walked in. The girl had finished delivering the goods to the king, and she was on the way out. She saw Luhan and her eyes lit up. “Luhan, what’re you doing in here? Missed me that much already?”

When Luhan walked right past her, not even sparing her a glance, she frowned. What was wrong with him? She trailed behind him, trying to get his attention. He continued on as if she wasn’t there, and she got frustrated. “Luhan, stop ignoring me when I’m right behind you!” She grabbed his wrist, and he paused in his tracks. Yanking his wrist out of her hand, he moved forward.

She looked around, trying to hide her embarrassment. There was no one around, arousing her suspicion. Just what was going on? Turning to stare at Luhan’s retreating figure, she sighed heavily, and ran after him.

She ran across the hall, going into the room she saw him go into to. She saw him reach out for the spindle and press his finger to it. He pulled his finger back shortly after, and shook his head as if to clear the trance. He looked at his finger, his bleeding finger. Turning to look at the girl standing near the door, his eyes glazed over, and he fell to the floor.

The girl ran to his side, shaking him. “Luhan, Luhan, wake up!” Luhan did not stir, nor show any sign of movement except for the rising and falling of his chest. Biting her lip in an attempt to restrain her tears, she lifted him onto her back.

As she left the castle, she noted that the guards were on the floor, asleep as well. She sighed and moved on. Luhan was her top priority right now. Untying her horse from the tree, she lifted Luhan onto her horse. She climbed on behind, and grabbed the reins. “Let’s go back to the house; you know where it is, don’t you?”

The horse set off immediately, going at a moderate speed so as to make sure Luhan did not fall off. The girl used her legs to keep Luhan in place, as the horse moved. Upon reaching the forest, the horse slowed down. It carefully guided the two back to the house, even managing to cross the river near the house.

The fairies heard the sound of hooves, and rushed out, worried. Their worries were only changed into sorrow when they saw the girl, who had dismounted, holding Luhan to her chest. “Please, he’s asleep, he needs help.” Her eyes were full of desperation, and the fairies conjured up a spell to carry him up to his bed.

The girl couldn’t believe what she was seeing, and she had so many questions. But she said nothing as she saw Luhan float up the stairs. The fairies looked at each other, deciding to tell her the truth. If Luhan’s only chance was running out screaming after they were done, she would not be the one.

After their explanation, she looked the fairy in pink straight in the eye and said, “So it’s Luhan’s birthday, and I have to kiss him to wake him up?” “As long as you’re the one, and you’re the only candidate right now.” The fairy in green said. She nodded and stood up from the chair she had sat on previously. “Take me to him.”

She followed the fairies up the stairs, and into his bedroom. He looked like an angel, a peaceful expression on his face. They urged her to move closer, and she sat down on the edge of the bed, right next to him. “Luhan, we just met, but I’m glad I got to meet you. I’m bad with words, so let me express my gratitude to you through my actions.”

She leaned down, capturing his lips with hers. After what seemed like an eternity, she pulled away, disappointed. “I’m not the one you’re looking for, then. I’m sorry to have taken Luhan’s kiss like that. It was his first, wasn’t it?” The fairies nodded, looking as equally disappointed as the girl. She got up, and left the room.

The girl walked down the stairs at a painfully slow pace. Would she ever get to see Luhan again? Rubbing at her eyes, she opened the front door and walked out. A loud shriek was heard, and she ran back in. Was Luhan is danger?

She practically flew up the stairs and opened the door to Luhan’s room.  Her eyes widened at what she saw.

Luhan was rubbing his eyes, sitting up on his bed. The tears from her eyes which had never disappeared pooled once more, as she ran up to him and hugged him tightly. The fairies left the room as silently as they could, to give them some privacy.

Luhan patted the girl’s back, his other arm wrapped around her waist. “I was so scared you were going to die, Luhan.” She sobbed into his shoulder, as he clutched her tighter. “I’ll never leave you, I promise.”

“After all, you’re my one true love.”

 

 

 

“So mom, did the girl and Luhan end up getting married?” The woman laughed, patting her daughter’s head. “Of course they did, honey. They were destined for each other, after all.”

“Now go to sleep, I’ll see you in the morning.” She kissed her daughter’s head, and covered her with a blanket. She tiptoed out the room, and closed the door as quietly as possible. She walked to her room and slid under the covers of her bed.

“The story you told our daughter took a very long time. I’ve been waiting for you for ages.” Luhan whined as he hugged the woman next to him. “Sorry Luhan, you know how she gets. You can’t stop telling her the story halfway.” He huffed and buried his face into the crook of her neck. “That’s why I married you, you’re good with children.”

“Xi Luhan, don’t you dare forget. I married you because you were my one true love.”