Chapter 4 - Lost and Found

The story only I didn't know

Songs recommended : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK5Y9Sgk9qA

 

‘Off to Han River Park’ she thought to herself.

Hyomin grabs her journal and went downstairs. She put her journal on the table for a while on the table, went to the kitchen.

“Mom, I’m going to Han River Park. Want to come?”

“Oh, Hyomin-ah sorry I can’t. I’ve just received a call from Professor Kim. There’s a terrible accident happen at the hospital and I need to be there” her mother explain.

Hyomin looks at her mother for awhile. Her mother didn’t even look at her eyes when she asked about coming to the park with her just now. Her mother’s eyes keep on focusing to the screen of her laptop. Why can’t she be ‘Mom’?

“I’m going now,” her mother didn’t reply anything. Hyomin just go.

She forgot to bring her journal . . . . Again.

It’s a very windy day. Leafs are flying. Couples are everywhere.

“Ahh . . . it will be great if Eunjung is here” Hyomin talking to herself.

She’s walking slowly. Looking at the scenery in front of her eyes. She feels like she just lost something very valuable or just letting go something that have burden herself for so many months.

Did I just lose something?

Omo! My journal!” she screamed. When she realized that her screamed was too loud and everyone were looking at her, she covered with her hands. ‘That’s so embarrassing’, she thought.

“Is anything wrong miss . . .oh, Park Hyomin, anyeong,” Hyomin look at behind her, it is him.

“Lee Joon!” she screamed again.

“No need to shout, is there anything wrong? May I help you?”

“Oh sorry. A…Acctually it’s nothing, I just forgot to bring my journal,” she told Joon.

“Oh, are you alone?”

Is he going to ask me to go for a walk with him? I mean like, seriously? He’s really going to ask me? Oh, c’mon Hyomin, he is! Wait, what happen to me? Why I am so serious about this Joon guy? He’s hot, yeah true but usually I don’t even dare myself to look for guys. I’m not that desperate. Is he going to ask me?

He snaps his finger.

“Are you hallucinating or what? I’m asking you, are you alone?” he grinned to watch this strange attitude of a girl whom he just met for the second time in his life.

“Apparently, yes. Do you want to walk with me? I’m freaking bored to walk alone,” he nodded. Hyomin cannot wait, so instead of waiting he asked her, she already starts her first move.

“Are you done with the ‘Finding a Happiness’ book?” he ask.

“Uhmm, actually to be honest. I didn’t buy that book, it was quite interesting but you see I have this kind of feelings. I think that I will never find my own happiness in this life,”

“Woahhh, you didn’t believe in any fairytale or ‘and they happily ever after’ story?” Joon said.

“No. I’m used to, but not anymore. Do you?”

“A tough guy like me never believes in such thing, but I do believe that a man only have one woman that he loves forever. Example, like our parents, they do love each other right? If it’s not how you and I can born in this world?”

“Well for a moment when I was 5 or 6 years old, I do believe that my parents were in love. Nowadays, I’m not quite sure for that statement anymore.”

Silence. They keep on walking and thinking but no words are coming out from their mouth.

“That was awkward isn’t? I’ sorry for hurting your feelings, Miss Hyomin. I didn’t mean to.”

“Oh, that’s fine. Anyhow, can I get your number?”

“Hey, that was fast! Ha-ha, kidding. Umm… how about we meet again here, next week and we’ll see what we can do to get my number,”

Hyomin smiles.

‘I might lost something today, but I found him today’