[Back to being strangers]

「(Let's) Run away」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yixing blinked for a second at his phone then shifted his gaze up to blink at a lost looking Jongin. The latter had his gaze glued to the train window; brown eyes terrifyingly blank from emotions.

When the train stopped moving, Yixing was fast to get on his feet. The atmosphere in the booth he was in was slowly suffocating him for some unknown reason. He needed some fresh air and he needed it immediately. His father’s guards were probably waiting for him somewhere in Shanghai and the brunette was in dire need to collect his jumbled thoughts before deciding whether to still go see Yifan or make some few changes in his idiotic plan. Yixing wasn’t dumb and so was his father. Mr. Zhang would definitely know that Yixing was heading towards his friend’s place. Because Yifan was Yixing’s only friend; Yifan was the only unrelated person both he and his family knew and were close to. Therefore it was more than obvious where he was going to hide at.

Jongin didn’t spare him a glance, as it clearly seemed he was still mad at him for whatever reason or perhaps Jongin just didn’t care if this station was where Yixing was supposed to take a leave at. The brunette contemplated on whether telling Jongin to watch over his small suitcase or not but eventually decided on not bothering with talking to the younger. If Jongin was ignoring him then why would Yixing trouble himself with dealing with him in the first place?

Yixing got off the train and took a deep breath. Apparently their train took a sudden stop at a small town somewhere between Changsha and Wuhan. The sky was coated with dark grey clouds that more than obviously indicate a storm coming soon. Yixing was pretty glad this wasn’t his actual last stop; he wasn’t too keen on rain or cold weather in general.

He decided to take a swift look at his surrounding; the train had at least fifteen minutes or so to start moving again and the brunette wasn’t planning on wandering too far anyway. He eyed everything his gaze settled on with sheer fascination, Yixing was pretty sure he wasn’t going to have another chance to come here again in the near future so this was most likely his first and last visit to this small town and he was going to cherish every millisecond of it. It had nothing special about it, just trees everywhere and old looking buildings, but in a way it made Yixing feel warm and welcomed. He lightly bowed in respect with a gentle smile when an old lady smiled warmly at him, she was coming out of a pastel-colored gift shop that gained the brunette’s interest and made him want to buy something from it for his dear friend Yifan.

“Hello, how can I help you?” A grey haired man asked with a polite smile on; Yixing beamed back with a bow.

“You have a really nice shop sir.” The elder chuckled before pointing with his finger towards the figure of a sleeping old lady.

“All thanks to the lovely woman over there.” Yixing let out a soft chuckle when the said lady unconsciously wrinkled her nose. “You’re obviously not from around here young boy, are you visiting someone? I can proudly say I know everyone in this small town. Are you perhaps Liu’s grandson?” Yixing shook his head no; his hands lightly touching a captivating set of snow globes.

“No, I’m just looking around before my train sets off. I’m from Changsha.”

“Oh, my sister lives there. I must say I’m a big fan of the crisp sesame duck your hometown is known for. I never seem to get enough of that delicious dish.” Yixing smiled at that and the elder male excused himself before walking hastily towards his shop’s backroom. The brunette blinked at every object in the gift shop, finding it painfully difficult to decide between buying a snow globe and a red dragon plush for his best friend.

“What’s your name again young man?” The elder man reappeared with a crumpled paper tightly clutched in his wrinkled hand. He looked troubled and anxious for some reason and Yixing raised a brow at that. He was perfectly fine just a minute ago, what the heck happened to him back there?

“Zhang Yixing.” The elder’s eyes widened and the brunette’s brows furrowed in confusion. “What’s wrong? Are you okay sir?”

“I—I’m fine. Excuse me for a minute please.” The shop owner held his phone next to his right ear and walked back with fast steps towards the backroom again.

Yixing shrugged with a pout and brought his gaze back to the shelf of plush toys. He grabbed a Doraemon plush to examine it and when he was about to call for the shop owner’s attention, a guy wearing nothing but black harshly pushed the door open. Yixing was startled from where he stood; a shelf of nicely aligned colored plush toys covering his coat cladded figure. The guy didn’t notice the brunette’s presence, so Yixing eyed the said muscular guy from head to toe in sheer curiosity. The elder came running from the storeroom with wide hesitant eyes; a thin strain of fear glistening deep in his dark orbs.

“He’s in the sh—shop somewhere.” The old man shakily whispered and the scary looking guy simply nodded.

“Are you sure he’s Mr. Zhang’s son? I hope you’re not messing around because if you are then you should reconsider your life choices old man.” The stranger sneered and Yixing almost fainted at the mere mention of his own last name. , his father was way too fast and Yixing was officially doomed. He hurriedly crouched down and covered his mouth with his hands to restrain the sound of his breathing and any possible sobs from escaping.

“He’s the same boy from the picture your guys handed me this morning. I asked for his name and he—he said his name is Zhang Yixing and that he’s from Changsha.” The man’s voice was barely above a whisper but the silence in the shop helped Yixing catch every word that slipped the man’s thin lips.

“Alright then. You’ll get your part of the deal when I get the boy.” Yixing nervously gulped.

“He’s probably somewhere at the back. Please don’t hurt him sir, he looks like a decent young man.” The black clothed male scowled; ignoring the older man’s presence completely after gritting an ‘it’s none of your ing business’. He took steady steps towards a shelf near Yixing and the latter was fast to move away from his position, gracefully maintaining quiet feathery steps. He crawled with his heart racing towards a corner and swiftly hid himself behind a candy counter when the dark dressed guy took a sudden glance at his direction.

Yixing was visibly shaking and when his eyes finally spotted the exit door, he took one last deep breath before swiftly getting on his feet and running like his life depended on it towards the said door. The old man gasped in shock but didn’t attempt to make any move to stop him or call for his father’s guard to get him. Yixing was kind of grateful for him although he was the one who snitched on him to begin with.

The brunette pulled his military green coat hood over his head and darted with lightening speed towards where the train was. The loud sound of the train engines echoed annoyingly in Yixing’s ears as the said train blew thick smoke through its chimney. It was lightly drizzling and the terrified male felt like the sky was mocking his pathetic state. Thunder growling with every alarming shake of heartbeat his heart made.

When he was about to reach the train however, a hand grabbed his wrist and forced him to turn back towards its owner. Yixing felt his heartbeat halt for a second at the out of blue action. His mind drowning with thoughts of finally getting caught; it took him barely half a day to get freaking caught, what an utter loser Yixing was. He brought his gaze up in sheer alarm when his body got pulled away from where he was frozenly standing, only to come face to face with none other than Kim Jongin.

“Jon—Jongin what the hell are you doing?” The tanned male ignored his question as he simply tightened his grip on Yixing’s wrist and sprinted away from the train station with a ridiculous speed, the brunette barely managed to keep up with.

“Jongin let go!” The train station faded slowly from behind them as Yixing struggled to take his hand back from Jongin’s iron like grip. The train was slowly moving away and the brunette felt somehow sick to his stomach at the horrid sight.

“Jong—“ Before he could even finish the younger boy’s name, Yixing got roughly pushed against a brick wall. His back throbbed in utter pain at the harsh shove while his lungs nearly run out of breath.

“Shh, they’re coming.” Jongin breathed; his breath hot on Yixing’s face as he stood uncomfortably close to the smaller male. “They were looking for you on the train, two of them were actually right behind you when you were about to get on the ing train.” Yixing gulped audibly as he blinked with wide glossy eyes at Jongin’s face; the proximity between their bodies almost nonexistent to the brunette’s horror. “I’ll probably get punched for this later, but I promise you, it’s for your own good.” Jongin blurted that out and leaned his head closer to Yixing’s face until they were a breath away from each other’s lips.  Without a warning, Jongin crushed his mouth with the brunette’s one in a mouth bruising kiss. Yixing gasped in shock and Jongin was fast to swallow the sound with his mouth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter