[Strangers on a train]

「(Let's) Run away」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yixing leaned his head against the window with a sigh; staring at his hometown as it slowly vanished in front of his eyes. The brunette sighed bitterly, never in his twenty three years of existence did he think about leaving his house, his family, his whole life behind, it just never occurred to him.

 

It felt a bit strange; he was running away from his faith in a way. He was always well aware of the marriage arrangement his family had with yet another filthy rich one. The brunette was supposed to get married to this beautiful girl, whom he knew nothing about. The girl wasn’t really the problem though, Yixing wasn’t exactly picky nor was he experienced in relationships, it was more about the fact that he kind of fancies the other more. He kept his preference to himself, and that was probably why he was running away from the wedding at the moment. He should have told his parents about it, about the unchangeable fact of him being homoual, perhaps they would have understood him and canceled the whole arrangement.

Most unlikely, his father would never allow his only son to be attracted to the other gender, his father wanted grandchildren to carry his name. He wanted Yixing to be a good son example, to take his father’s work with enthusiasm, to be his father’s successor and raise himself the perfect family, like his father did. Like what every man in the family did, but Yixing wasn’t like that, he wanted nothing but a peaceful life. The brunette wasn’t interested in neither business nor money, he longed for love and affection, he wanted to be cared for, to feel protected and adored. He wanted his best friend back, he needed someone to hug and assure him that he was well wanted and that he mattered.

His cheeks were wet with silent tears, although he wanted nothing but to run away to his lover’s arms, the brunette felt like he was betraying his family by his silly act. They raised him well, all they ever wanted was the best for their precious son. Nevertheless Yixing has set his mind into it, he’s on the train now heading to his blurred future, there’s definitely no going back at the moment.

 

“Is this seat taken?” A deep voice with a thick accent brought Yixing back from his train of thought.

“Huh?” The brunette wiped his tears hurriedly with the back of his hand and looked at the tanned boy with a questioning gaze.

A tall, dark skinned male who looked pretty young, perhaps even younger than Yixing himself, pointed with his finger to the seat opposite from his. The brunette blinked at him before shaking his head slowly.

“No, it’s not taken.” The tanned male wasted no time before plopping himself on the empty seat with a satisfied sigh.

“Great!”

Yixing raised a brow at the boy before turning his attention to the window once again. It was a bit cold but still bearable, the autumn reminded Yixing of hot green tea and warm blankets. This season had a pleasant feel to it; the brunette smiled as more memories of his precious other half flooded him.

He didn’t know why, but Yixing suddenly felt like he was being watched. The brunette bit his lower lip in anxiety before averting his brown eyes towards the stranger sitting across from him.

The brunette (to his horror) found the tanned male staring in amusement at him; a smirk announced on his handsome face.

 

“Can—Can I help you?” He wasn’t sure why he stuttered, but something about that male made him feel utterly uncomfortable.

“I’m just happy I found an empty seat beside a nice guy, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter