[Acquaintances on a train]

「(Let's) Run away」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yixing was terribly wrong when he thought that the tanned boy would eventually stop talking; because he never did. It was like listening to a broken record, he just kept talking and talking, on and on, even though the brunette never answered back (and he wasn’t going to if he could help it).

 

“And then I was like dude, why don’t I just dye my hair blonde? I mean the color might look a bit strange on me, because of my skin color and whatever, but other than that I think I’d look pretty good—I mean I remember being told once that I look exactly like an anime character. You know, those Japanese cartoons? Well I don’t blame them for thinking—“ Jongin’s life story chunter was cut off by Yixing’s frustrated growl.

“Can you stop already? I had enough of your uninteresting biography. Who are you even talking to? Do you think I care or something? I don’t want anything to do with you! And no you would not look good with blonde hair! And no you definitely do not look like an anime character!” Jongin was more than taken aback by the brunette’s sudden outburst, he was just trying to break the ice between them for god’s sake. Obviously sharing personal things about his life did nothing but make their tense situation even worse.

“Japanese cartoons, seriously? You think I’m from Mars or something?” The brunette scoffed; brows knitted together.

The tanned male kept his mouth shut; biting on his lower lip guiltily while avoiding the Chinese male's burning glare. He never meant to annoy the brunette. The Korean teen was just being himself, the friendly and talkative self.

“I’m sorry, I won’t bother you anymore. It’s been over three days since I last talked to someone, I just got carried away with excitement. I won’t blame you if you ask me to change my seat, I’ll gladly go back to my earlier one next to—that old guy.” Yixing’s eyes softened when the tanned male mentioned the ‘not talking to someone for three days’ part, he suddenly felt a wave of guilt wash over him.

The brunette looked down at his lap; he usually wasn’t a rude person, he's never been one to hurt others. He was patient and put together. Yixing chewed on his lower lip and said nothing. Jongin sighed bitterly before standing up, his marine blue backpack in his hand.  

“Well I guess I’ll just go. It was nice meeting you Zhang Yixing.” The brunette was quick to grab the tanned male’s hand before he could leave.

“I’m sorry. I’m just not used to strangers talking to me—people in general. I mean I’m not comfortable with others—I just don’t…” The brunette trailed and Jongin was back sitting on his seat across from him.

“No, I’m sorry. I just forget sometimes that not everyone are willing to befriend me I guess.” Yixing looked at the other male for a second before forming a dimpled smile on his face.

“I changed my mind.”

“Wha—What? You want me to go sit next to that e?” The brunette chuckled at the tanned male’s expression before shaking his head no; brown locks falling slightly over his forehead.

“No silly. I actually want to be friends with you, I mean if you still want to of course.” Jongin’s face broke into a breath taking grin before nodding his head furiously.

“I do! I still do.”

“Um, okay…so, how do we do this?” The brunette asked, unsure of how they should start all over again.

“Let’s just play a game.”

“What kind of game?” The tanned male grinned an even wider grin.

“A question game. You know, I’ll ask you a question, you answer it then ask me one.” The brunette nodded pursing his lips in thought.

“You go first, Jongin.”

“Deal. Um, what’s your name and how old are you?” The brunette raised a brow in amusement.

“Well you already know my name, I’m twenty three.” Yixing smiled when he noticed the tanned male’s eyes widen a bit.

“So you are older than me, which makes you my hyung—gege…anyways. I’m actually three years younger than you.” The brunette made a small ‘o’ with his mouth.

“Your turn now hyung! Can I call you hyung by the way?”

“I don’t mind. Well let’s see…what are you doing in Changsha, Jongin?” The brunette was a bit curious; his town wasn’t exactly a great first choice for tourists to spend their autumn at, the weather was so unpredictable. It changed from rainstorms to unbearable stifling heat in no time.

“I was actually invited to a wedding.” Yixing’s heart dropped.

He was doing pretty well till now by not remembering why he was on this train, running away from his own wedding. The brunette suddenly felt like crying.

“Wedding?” He almost chocked on the single word.

“Yep! But unfortunately the groom never showed up.” The tanned male shrugged and Yixing felt cold beads of sweat form on his creamy forehead. 

“Was he your friend or something? I mean you came all the way from South-Korea for someone’s wedding, are you close to the groom’s family?” Jongin blinked at the older before answering.

“Actually I don’t know who the groom is—wait wait wait, it’s my turn to give questions.” The brunette was about to complain but was soon stopped by the younger’s question.

“Why were you smiling earlier?”

Yixing thought that maybe it wasn’t that bad of an idea to share personal things with strangers; after all it’s not like they’ll still talk to each other after reaching their next station.

“My best friend, I was thinking about my best friend.” The brunette felt his cheeks burning slightly from the thought of his blond soulmate.

“You’re blushing.” Jongin stated with a raised brow.

“No! I’m just hot.”

“Well, I won’t argue on that.” The brunette blushed an even redder color at the compliment.

“My turn to ask. What do you study?”

“What a boring question hyung, I’m a dance major.” Yixing grinned; deep dimples pronounced on his cheeks.

“You dance? I used to dance too.” Jongin smiled cheekily at the older.

“I can tell by your body, your fit body I mean.”

“Stop with the flirting Jongin, or I’ll send you back to that old man.” The tanned male shrieked in horror before apologizing. Yixing covered his mouth with slender pale hands trying but failing to stifle loud uncontrollable giggles; feeling quite proud with his surprising ability of threatening the younger and putting him in his place.

 

“Why were you crying when I first talked to you? If it’s okay to know, you seemed pretty bothered.” The brunette’s smile faded at the question.

“It’s—I was just…” Jongin stared quietly at the older.

“I was just thinking about my parents.” Yixing felt a sting at the back of his eyes and Jongin was quick to notice.

“Were they hurt—I’m sorry for my stupid question hyung you really don’t have to answer, I was simply curious.” Jongin bit on his lower lip i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter