Second Time

Good Girl, Bad Girl

Sehun has been thinking about that Good Girl the rest of the week. He sees her in the hallways, at the table with the other Good Girls. She doesn't give him a second glance, her head only buried in books. Sehun starts wondering if it's just her, or if the other Good Girls are bad too.

"Sehun, are you okay?" Baekhyun nudges the younger boy. The latter stares at him. "You've been paying an awful lot of attention on the Good Girls. Not that they don't deserve the attention, but it's just very out of character for you."

"Yeah," Chanyeol nods. "You've been watching them very closely. It's weird."

Sehun shakes his head, "It's nothing. I'll see you guys tonight."

With that, Sehun walks away from the group, his head hung and his hands in his pockets. The three remaining boys are left to stare at each other. Kai starts chuckling lowly, his eyebrows raised.

"It's not nothing," he shakes his head.

"No," Baekhyun frowns, staring at Sehun's retreating back. "It's not."

 

 

Sehun had a feeling the fairy girl would be here and he was right. She's in a different outfit this time, even her hair is a different colour. But he would recognise her anywhere, he know he would. With her pretty face and her aura, she's almost distinguishable a mile away. The girl is in a long-sleeved, cropped, black turtleneck and a black jeans skirt. She isn't showing much of her skin except for those milky legs but the attention she gets is probably more than the girl who is wearing such revealing clothes that it doesn't leave much to the imagination, or the girl who's going around, throwing herself at guys.

"If I don't go home without her tonight," Sehun swears to his friends. "I'm a ." He grins at them, "See you on Monday."

They grunt and Sehun flashes them one last smile before darting after the pixie. She senses someone following her again, except this time, she doesn't let them think she doesn't know. She stops and turns around so quick that her grey-tipped hair makes a circle around her head for a moment. The music is loud and yet Sehun thinks he might have heard the bells clanging on her ankle.

They stand facing each other, staring at each other. A passing recognition flits over the female's features and Sehun raises an eyebrow. She smiles a small smile, one that is friendly but not yet enough for him to go closer to her. Instead, Sehun stands rooted to the ground, his feet shoulder-width wide. He raises his hand to hold it out to her, wanting her to take it. She contemplates it and she eventually walks forward, slipping her hand into his.

"Who's that?" A guy's amused voice comes from the side.

Sehun is staring at him as the girl walks to his side. The male has his blonde hair styled up and a dangerous vibe emanates from him. Sehun moves to bring the girl by his side closer to him, but she is confident as she steps up. If anyone sees them right now, it would seem like she is protecting him instead of him doing it for her.

"A friend," her voice is as smooth as her skin.

"What about me?" He puts a hand to his heart, frowning. "You hurt me, baby cakes."

She laughs, throwing her hair off her left shoulder. "Stop being cute."

The male chuckles, dropping his hand. He wrinkles his nose at her, "Alright. But I'll be picking you up—"

"No," she cuts in. He his head to the side, partly in curiosity and partly because he wants to get a better look at Sehun. She tells him honestly, "I'm going back with Sehun."

"That thing holding your hand?" The blonde points to the other guy who is behind her, a certain look on his face. It almost looks like a look one would give to a dirty mutt.

"Yes," she answers, not even correcting him that the thing holding her hand is a guy.

"But—"

"Don't worry about me," she waves a dismissive hand.

The man crosses his arms over his chest. He is scowling but he doesn't say anything. All he does is nod his head and says, "Call me in the morning so I know you're okay."

She flashes a bright smile at him and she suddenly seems younger than she looks. Sehun wonders if she really belongs to the older crowd or not. Sehun finds her too pretty to look at, but yet he cannot turn away. The blonde male turns away abruptly, weaving through bodies. She turns to Sehun, cocking her head to the side. The boy his eyebrow in response.

"This is the part where you bring me home," she instructs him playfully.

"Is it?" Sehun mimics her by cocking his head. "Do I want to bring you home?"

The girl throws her head back in a musical laughter. She goes closer to him, patting his cheek as she kisses him on the chin. "Of course you do. You wouldn't look for me the second time if you don't."

Sehun laughs, shrugging, "Touchè."

The male brings her to his car, his hand in hers. He opens the door for her and she slides in gracefully. Sehun claims his seat behind the wheel and drives her to his home. His parents aren't home yet, so he dares to bring her into his place. She looks around in fascination, scanning the pictures and quotes hanging on walls. The bells on her ankle creates music as she pads along behind Sehun.

"My room's upstairs," he murmurs quietly, outlining her arm with his knuckles and finally holding her hand in his.

"You have a nice home, Sehun," she politely tells him. Even though it is just out of courtesy one should say that, she sounds sincere.

Sehun glances at her, a smile faint on his lips. "Yeah?" he asks. She nods, smiling sweetly at him. "There's something I'm curious about though."

"What about?" she wonders, following Sehun up the stairs.

"I don't know your name," he admits to her. When he turns to look at her reaction, he sees that she has an eyebrow quirked as if saying 'So?' He points out, "But you know my name."

She chuckles softly. They are standing outside of Sehun's room. He doesn't want to go in yet. Not until he hears what she has to say.

She merely tells him, "You're a popular boy, Sehun. Everyone knows you."

"Really?" She sees the pride in his smile and his widening of eyes.

Sehun finally opens the door into his room, bringing the girl in. He lets go of her hand, letting her curiosity guide herself in his room. He has brought many girls into his room before. But not many— not any, actually, takes her time to examine his room like this girl is doing. Usually, they just come, do the deed, and leave.

But with her, he knows this night is going to be different.

 

 

"So what's that anklet," Sehun uses his toe to feel the accessory. "For?"

She lifts her leg, shaking her foot so that the bells chime. Sehun brings her body closer to his. They are just lying in bed after a round of playful . She grins up at him, "To remind people that I'm there even if they don't know it's me, because they wouldn't know where the sound is coming from. Like I'm always there, in the background."

Sehun frowns. He kisses her absently, the kiss dropping on her hairline. "You're not that difficult to notice."

Her laughter is dark. She doesn't believe him. Of course, she doesn't. She tells him, "You wouldn't know anything, Sehun."

She sits up, Sehun's hand sliding down her back. He is suddenly afraid that she's going to leave. For the first time, he doesn't want a girl to leave. He usually wants girls to come and go so he doesn't dwell on them too much. Like a vampire thirsting for fresh blood, he thirsts for fresh girls.

Except this time, he only wants her. 

"Are you leaving?" He almost sounds panicked.

"Do you want me to?"

"No," his voice is soft, close to a whisper.

She doesn't answer him as she gets up, leaving his side. He feels cold, suddenly. But she is only walking across the room, to his desk. Sehun watches her back enquiringly in the dark. She's fumbling around his table.

"Do you need the lights?" Sehun asks worriedly.

"It's okay," she murmurs. "I got them."

She crawls back on the bed, climbing over Sehun. Her hair is covering her face and tickling Sehun's face. He reaches up to brush her hair back. The moment her face could be seen by him, she darts down to plant a kiss on his lips. She falls to his side again once they had satisfied themselves with the taste of each other's lips. Sehun instinctively wraps a hand around her shoulders, his finger slowly running up and down her bare arm.

"Will you ever give me this?" The girl brings up an empty badge to his eye level. The moonlight shines on it, showing Sehun exactly what it is.

"I will," Sehun nods.

"But?"

"What?" He is taken aback.

"There's always a 'but'," she laughs lightheartedly.

"Aren't you a bright one?" Sehun snorts. He hooks his leg with hers, bringing her impossibly closer. He admits, "I will give you that. But I want your name."

There is silence for a moment before she mumbles, "You'll eventually find out. Until you first say it with your own lips, I'll keep my name. And you keep this." She places the badge and the sharpie on his center of his chest gently.   

 

 

Sehun is prowling the back gate again, waiting to get a peek of the bad Good Girl and her boyfriend again. But it is empty. No one is here. A teacher sees him and ushers him back to class. He tells the teacher that he has a free period, so instead of the classroom, he goes to the library. He would never step foot into this place if not for the teacher. The library isn't a place for a guy like Sehun. His spot is more like the track and field, or better, an empty classroom with a girl.

He scans his eyes across the quiet place, his eyes immediately falling on that secret of his. Sehun strides over purposefully, dragging the legs of the chair that is next to her as he sits in it. She doesn't flinch, nor does she look up. She continues doing her math assignment like he isn't there. It is and always has been how they act around each other. The Good Girls staying out of everyone's way and the entire student body ignoring them. It is like a peace-keeping arrangement.

"Hey," Sehun drawls softly. She hums in reply. He growls, unhappy with the lack of enthusiasm. "Where's your boyfriend?"

"I don't have a boyfriend," she tells him, her voice quiet and soft. No one would have thought she had spoken.

"What about the motorbike dude?"

She finally sets her pencil down. She does it gently, not wanting to attract attention to herself. Her gaze is leveled with his when she reminds him, "I told you to forget about everything you saw."

"Yeah, well," he shrugs nonchalantly.

It feels like a minute that they are staring at each other, each one not backing down as a sign of superiority. A smirk makes its way to her lips. Sehun his own lips.

"Are all Good Girls like you?" Sehun enquires curiously, breaking the silence first.

She tilts her head to the side, an action that has become endearing to Sehun because of that mysterious fairy girl. There is something about the way this girl does it that makes him want to kiss her. It feels so familiar. Even her sweet smell. Many girls might have the same scent, but how often do two different girls really wear the exact same perfume? It is impossible.

"Like me?" She repeats. Her eyebrows are scrunched slightly. "What am I?"

Sehun leans towards her slightly. He holds her gaze as he wets his lips again. Her eyes flickers down to that action and she groans mentally when she sees a knowing smirk on his lips.

"A Good Girl," he states. He puts up a finger as if he had just remembered something, "Ah... No, a lying, bad Good Girl."

"I haven't lied about a single thing."

"You're not a Good Girl. You just act like one."

"How do you know I'm acting as a Good Girl? Maybe I'm just acting as a bad girl. Do you really think you know me?" She scoffs softly when he says nothing. She packs up, rolling her eyes at him as she spits, "You don't know anything about me, Sehun. I know your name, I know a lot of things about you. But you," she points a finger at his chest. "Don't even know my name."

 

 

She is walking quickly along the hallway, her anklet letting everyone know that she is present. But no one would know who possesses the noisy trinket because everyone is rushing to get to their classes. She curses herself internally for letting Taemin bring her out last night. Every time he brings her out at night, she would either end up in another guy's place or his place. Most of the time though, she ends up in Taemin's place because he is a responsible man. He takes care of her like his own sister even though they are as unrelated as a fish and a cat. He even protects her like a brother.

They hadn't drank a drop of alcohol last night, but they had stayed out late. Taemin wanted to bring her on a ride on his skateboard. Being the loving brother, he didn't have the heart to wake her up this morning. He turned off the alarm before it even rang. Of course, since he works as a dance teacher, his days start later than hers do. He didn't think it would be such an impact if she missed a day of school.

She couldn't have any of that, of course. She bounced out of bed and got dressed at the speed of light when she found that she was going to be late. She only got to school on time with Taemin breaking a few redundant traffic rules. He dropped her off at the back gate which no one uses.

In her haste, she shuffles into the wrong class. Her tinkling trinket calling a few students to attention. Stray strands of hair are pasted to the back of her neck with a coating of fresh sweat. Her eyes scan the classroom until they focus and stop at a boy with brown hair. He usually has his hair gelled up, but today, his hair is down in lazy manner. She finds him handsome either way. His eyes are trained on her, smouldering her. 

Bowing to the class, she apologises frantically, "Sorry!"

She is out the door again, entering to the right classroom this time. Her class stares at her appearance and at the sound that seems to follow her every movement. She quickly takes her seat and bends to unclasp her anklet. She pockets the accessory just as the teacher walks into the class.

Sehun, on the other hand, is shocked at the slight screw up by her. That tinkling noise; he would recognise anywhere. And to think he actually thought he would be able to segregate her a mile away. She has been walking right past him and he practically let her slip away many times under his watch. He feels disgusted by himself. But more than anything, he feels a stronger attraction towards her. Now, he's no longer just interested in this Good Girl. He likes her, he wants her.

"I need to know her name," Sehun begs his friends. They are looking at each other sideways, wondering what is going on with their friend. "I'm not crazy, guys! I just— I like her."

"Her?" Kai frowns.

"As in the Good Girl?" Baekhyun clarifies.

"Yes," he nods rapidly. Then his eyebrows furrow and he shakes his head. "No." He groans, "I don't know!"

"It's complicated?" Chanyeol provides just as Sehun says, "It's complicated!"

The three friends stare at each other before turning to the troubled boy. "We'll help you," Baekhyun tells Sehun their unanimous decision.

"But?" Sehun prods.

Baekhyun grins proudly, seeing how Sehun finally sees a 'but' in his statements. He nods, "But, you have to swear you're serious about her."

"What? Why do I have to do that?" Sehun demands indignantly.

"You're a playboy," Chanyeol bluntly points out. He is unfazed when Sehun glares at him. He continues, "And she's a good girl. You're going to end up breaking her heart."

Sehun scoffs as he mutters, "You don't know her." But he bores his eyes into Baekhyun's brown orbs, swearing, "I promise I'm chasing her only because I'm serious about her."

"Also promise that you'll buy us lunch for a week," Kai adds.

Sehun narrows his eyes, "Half a week."

"Done," Kai grins.