Chapter 4

Bobby and I

"Is it good?" You sipped on your smoothie while Bobby had pasta. 

He nodded. You made an A shape as he brought some to your mouth. You chewed it slowly savoring the taste.

"Not bad." You wiped your mouth and sipped the smoothie again, "At least the beverage is great."

"Are you sure you don't want to eat, noona?" 

"Na, I'm not really hungry." You felt more joy to watch each time he stuffed the food into his mouth.

It's almost noon and Bobby had already found a sneaker he wanted and a cool snapback. At first you just wanted to look around, but you ended buying things. A bag with matching purse and some pieces cute tops.

Relaxing your feet from three hours walk, you and Bobby sat on a cafe. It's apparently a new cafe in the street. There are some cafes with unique theme but you never went to this one. Most of the interior are using woods giving an elegant image yet homey feeling.

"Woah,, I can't really understand how you're not hungry for we had been walking like every corner." The spaghetti was all gone. He leaned on the chair while sipping in his ice moccachino. One with amount of whip cream on top of it.

"You'll never imagine how strong women are."

Someone tapped on your shoulder and you turned around just to see that your best friend from college waving at you.

"Annyeong, ________ ah."  You move the shopping bags from the sit beside you for her to sit down, yet she took the empty sit in front of you that were occupied with another bags too. Bobby startled by your friend's attitude since she didn't seem noticing that he was right beside her but she kept moving the bags on his laps. You could just laugh at your friend since she never changed.

"Annyeong, Seulgi ah,,, it's been awhile, isn't it?"

"Definitely, I miss you sooo much, ______ ah. Aish, this , why didn't you call me? How long it's been? a year?" 

"Of course not. We've just met at In Hwa's wedding just a week before Christmas."

"So how's your intern, I bet it's so good to work in a big fashion company, aigoo this lucky ."

"Well, it's great.. but yeah... you can't help it if you work under snobby es and bastards."

Bobby's eyes widen as he kept hearing fouls language from both you and your friend.

"Yeah, that's why I choose to be indie. I can't throw my ideology away. I was helping Professor Park preparing the summer exhibition with the juniors. So what are you doing here, suddenly have a leisure time?"

"Yeah, it's my first Sunday day off in a month. And it's struck me out that I want to go to Edae."

"It's really a God plan we can meet here I suppose. So are you alone?"

Bobby made a fake cough. Seulgi was waiting for your answer but you just pointed your finger out to Bobby. Seulgi looked at her left side and saw Bobby who looked at her in disbelief.

"Oh! Sorry, I didn't know you're there."

You could tell that he's annoyed as his snorted while sipping his almost empty drink. Luckily, Seulgi didn't notice it but she gave you a quizzed looks.

"He's my dongsaeng." You explained to her short and clearly.

"Dongsaeng? You never told me that you had a brother?"

"The kid next door. You've met him once when you come to sleep over."

"Really? Well it take sometimes for my brain to process my memory." Seulgi gave you that look. You rolled your eyes at her.

At that point Bobby turned his body facing the window. Completely ignoring whatever you're talking with your friend.

"______ ah. Let's go to my place. I need you to look at something."

"Wait, now? But..." you glanced at Bobby.

"Just bring him with you."

She's already held your hand and ready to drag you out. Bobby turned around hearing the creaked chair as you already stood up.

"Where're you going, noona?"

You were about to say something but Seulgi cut you off.

"Pack your stuff, kid. And follow me." 

Seulgi dragged you to a small street opposite the campus, entering a small alley between residence houses.
Behind you there was Bobby, carrying shopping bags in both of his hands. He followed where you headed with frown. He was thinking that it was a bad decision to go with you. "I should have just asked some money. Oh, Hanbin ah. I wish you were with me." He talked to himself and whining. 

*Han bin’s house

"Hatcih!"

"Oppa, are you sick?" A little girl pulled Han bin’s sleeve.

"Umma... Hanbinie is sick." She told her mom with her little voice.

"No, I'm not.." He pinched his little sister's cheeks gently.

"I think someone is talking about me."

 

You arrived at Seulgi's place. A two story building and she went straight up to the second floor.

"Welcome to my very own studio. Well along with the bank."

You looked around in amusement.

"Woah,, you're so unpredictable, Seulgi ah."

"See, I run a small business here, that's why I need my own place."

You saw some clothes hanging in some racks, couples of sewing machine and some rolls of fabrics.

"You made your own clothes?"

You walked to the mannequin where Seulgi display her clothes on.

"I told you I defense my ideology."

"Woah, you're improved a lot, Seulgi ah. Your work is gotten softer and neat." You praised her work.

"Well, practice makes perfect. Not everyone born with the talent like you. Ah, matta. Tell me what you think about this one."

She pulled out some papers from her desk.

It's s/s collections. Spring and sommer clothes. Simple yet chick. Short dresses, short pants, skirts, with colorful pattern.

"Cool concept. Colorful. That's your trademark, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I'm working on it so I can release it near time."

"How do you sell it?"

"That's a first not smart question from you, ______ ah. Well it's not a problem anymore if you don't have a store to display it. Online shopping." She opened her note book and showed you her online store.

All of that time Bobby were sitting pitiful on some stack of fabrics. He was about falling asleep when Seulgi yell at him.

"YA!! Don't sit there"

He jumped off as if his pants were on fire.

"That's expensive imported fabrics you know." She tiptoed beside him and whispered in his ear. Making Bobby squealed and shut his eyes tight as he felt her breath brushed his ear.

"Ya, imma. Come here. Make you self useful."

Bobby quickly opened his eyes again as she already walked away from him and started nagging.
You could let out a silent laugh as you watch the poor boy being yelled by Kim Seulgi.

"Wear this." She gave him a pair of shirt and short pants.

"How? Should I wear it over my clothes?" Bobby asked her in a small voice. He's scared of her for sure.

"Ya, how come you can't figure that out? It's there nothing in your thick skull?" She flicked his head and Bobby flinched in pain.

"No way, I take off my clothes."

"Then you want me to do it for you?" She grabbed his jacket.

"No, I can do it myself." He quickly back off, "Just tell me the way."

Seulgi nudge her head to the corner of the room. Where there was a small boot with curtain which you didn't notice it was there before. Before he went there Bobby looked at you with his puppy eyes.

Bobby came out. Now he was in a short denim pants with a colorful pattern shirt.

"It still has needle on it." Bobby flinched and nudges some spot in his body.

"Sorry I forgot to take it off." Seulgi came near him as you followed, observing the clothes on Bobby.
She held her chin as if she was thinking.

"Spread your arms." She ordered
Bobby widens his eyes yet he just met with Seulgi's glare. Then he couldn't do anything but just did as he told.

Seulgi went to grab some more needles and you tried to readjust the clothes.
Bobby stood with arms spread while the two women were moving around him. Sometime he would flinch because some needles poke his skin.

"Sorry," you said while working under his arm.

"_____ ah," Seulgi who was working on the pants pulled you down, "look I guess the cutting is a bit off in here."

She pointed at the line along his thigh.

"Yeah, I think you need to pull it up a bit." 

"Give me a needle." She reach out her hand and you give her one.

"Ya, where are you gonna put it in? Ya, ya, watch out!" Bobby freaks out as she begins to stick the needle on his thigh.

"YA! Stop moving or I'll stick it to your little friend." Seulgi glared at him with the needle in her hand ready to stick.

 

After sometime you were finish helping Seulgi. Bobby too has already changed into his own clothes while the full needles one is on the mannequin. Bobby stared at the doll with concern as if he feels sorry for the needles would pocking his plastic skin.

“Seulgi ah, I think we should go now.”

Bobby grabed the shopping bags eagerly, finally he can get out from that place, and that tiny meanie woman.

“Thanks alot, ____ ah. I don’t think I could make it without your help.”

“Aish, that’s nothing.”

“I’ll need your help again, please come over.”

“Of course, anytime.”

As you walk to the door Bobby wishpers in your ear.

“Next time please go by yourself, noona. I won’t be ever going back here again.”

To his surprise Seulgi was right behind him. She pulled out his shirt and bring his face in front of hers, “You too, Baby.” Seulgi stick out for a kiss.

 

Bobby can’t keep squealing as he remember how Seulgi came to his face.

“Aish, how come you befriend with her, noona?”

You laughed at him at the same time you feel sorry for him.

“You know what her tittle fromschool? Dementor kiss.”

You link your hand in his arm.

“I think that suit her best.”

“Yeah, you already know that. She intends to kiss people beside her whenever she drunk.”

“Are you one of her victims?” Bobby looks at you in horror.

You grin, tighten your grip on his arm.

“Ewww, noona. That’s disgusting.”