Chapter 15

Story of Us

Taehyung quickly packed his belongings into his bag. This is because he already promised to Uncle Namjoon that he'll visit his father today after school. Taehyung rushed out from his classroom only to be stopped when someone grabbed his hand. Taehyung turned round and he saw Jimin with confused face.

"Where are you going? Why are you in rushed?" Jimin asked.

Taehyung hit head softly with his other hand as he forgot to tell his bestfriend. Taehyung turned completely facing Jimin.

"Jimin-ah, i forgot to tell you but i need to go to the hospital now because i've to visit my father." Taehyung could see Jimin scrunched his nose as he confused.

"Your father? Your real father? But why?" Jimin asked again.

"Yes Jimin, i'll explain to you later okay? i'll call when i've back from the hospital." Taehyung waving to Jimin as he started walked away. 

Jimin waving back at his bestfriend. Was Taehyung's father sick? But how did Taehyung knew? Jimin thoughts. Jimin walked out from the school's gate, suddenly he bumped into someone as he didn't watched in front.

"Sorry for bumping into you." Jimin quickly apologized. He looked up at the person he bumped into and it was Jungkook.

"Its okay, Jimin." Jungkook told Jimin.

"Yah, its hyung for you. I'm older than you." Jimin looked straight at Jungkook.

Jungkook just smirked at Jimin, "But still you're shorter than me." Jungkook just walked away.

"Yah ! Tch how could he said that." Jimin swear if the boy still infront of him he'll smacked the boy's head.

Jungkook ignored Jimin as he just walked away. Why he had to call him 'hyung' when he also didn't called Taehyung 'hyung'. Speaking of Taehyung, where was him. Why he wasn't with that shorter male. 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Taehyung just standing infront of the ward. He's still hesitated to walk in. What should i say when i see him? What should i react? Should i smile or just look at him? there were many thoughts in Taehyung's mind.

Suddenly the door opened, revealed Namjoon. Namjoon was shocked at first but quickly smile at Taehyung.

"Taehyung, why are you standing here?" Namjonn asked with smile still painted on his face.

"I-i j-just abou-" Before Taehyung could finished his sentence Namjoon cut him. "Taehyung, i know you are still hesitate to see your father. Atleast you'd come here, so let's see him even for a minute okay?" Namjoon patted Taehyung's shoulder. Taehyung nodded in response.

Taehyung followed Namjoon from behind, he could see his father were awaked. Taehyung slowly approached his dad's bed. He just standing next to the bed, while his father still didn't noticed his presence.

"Himchan-ah." Namjoon called his father. His father looked at his friend, Namjoon.

Namjoon smiled, "Look who come today?" Namjoon continued.

His father turned his head towards Taehyung direction. His father's eyes widen when he noticed Taehyung. "Taehyung. Taehyung is it really you?" 

Taehyung looked down as he couldn't watched his father. "Y-yes a-appa." 

"Taehyung, i'm so glad you came." Taehyung slowly looked up at his father and he saw his father smiling at him.

"A-are you fine?" Taehyung asked.

"I'm fine Taehyung like you see me now." His father still smiling at him.

"I'll leave you guys okay i'll be at the cafe on the first floor." Namjoon excuse himself.

Taehyung's father kept talking to him, while he just listened to his father. Only sometimes he'll answered yes or no, or he'll just nodded. They talked for about 40 minutes until his father slept. Taehyung admit that he still remember everything what his father had done, and he still awkward to be around his father. But he'll try to open his heart for his father. 

Taehyung covered his father with the blanket. He looked at his father for last time before walked out from the ward. He closed the door and turned around, he found Namjoon walking toward him. 

"Oh are you going home?" Namjoon asked.

"Yes, uncle. But c-can i ask you something?" Taehyung looked at Namjoon.

Namjoon smile, "What do you want to ask boy?"

"Actually what was my father's sickness?" Taehyung asked.

Namjoon looked down before he lifting his head again to look at Taehyung.

"He actually had lung and bronchial cancer." Namjoon said.

Taehyung was surprised, because he didn't expect that his father suffered cancer. "B-but how did he got it?"

"You also knew that your father was a heavy smoker. So he'd reached a stage where he caught with cancer, he didn't noticed it when he was on the first stage. He only noticed it when he'd already on the last stage. The doctor said that they'd had no cure and he only had about 6 months. But its only the doctor's assumption and the doctor gave your father medicine and the treatment." Namjoon explained.

So his father will die? He'll die because of cancer?  

"Are you okay kid?" Namjoon asked Taehyung when he saw Taehyung lost in his own thought.

"I-i'm okay Uncle." Taehyung smile.

"I'll come here again tomorrow, i'll go first." Taehyung smiled and walked into the elevator.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"I'm home." Taehyung said when he arrived at home.

"Ah you're already home, how is it?" Mrs. Kim coming out from the kitchen.

"It's okay eomma, he talked about his life since 4 years ago. That's all." Taehyung gave his mother a weak smile.

"Are you really okay honey?" His mother asked again. 

Taehyung couldn't hold it back anymore when his mother using that tone while asking like that. He started crying because the thing Namjoon told him kept playing in his minds. He cried while his mother rubbing his back as method to make him calm. 

"Would you mind to tell me?" Mrs. Kim asked once again.

"U-uncle Namjoon t-told me t-hat the doctor told that m-my father o-only had a-about 6 m-months." Taehyung managed to say between his sobbed.

Mrs. Kim hugged Taehyung more tightly as she kept whispering a soft 'he'll be fine' at Taehyung's ear.

"I-i need to call J-jimin. I've promised him to tell him about this." Taehyung wiped away his tears.

Mrs. Kim help Taehyung to wipe his tears. "Okay but promised me that you'll be strong okay." She smile.

"I promise." Taehyung smile back.

 

 

Taehyung walked to his backyard and sat on the grass. He still remember when he and Jimin always played at the backyard when they were child. Taehyung called Jimin,which Jimin answered it for the first ring.

" Tae-ah? Are you okay?" Jimin quickly asked Taehyung.

"I'm okay Jiminie. Do you want me to come to your house or do you want to meet somewhere?" Taehyung playing with the grass.

"How about i go to your house? I'll be there about 15 minutes." Jimin said.

"Okay i'll wait for you. And Jiminie i'll be at the backyard." Taehyung said before ended the call.

 

 

Taehyung heard footsteps that approaching him and there's now a hand on his hair and one on his back. Soon there's warmth around him. Soon he's clinging to Jimin's shirt for dear life.

"Let it out." Jimin says.

And Taehyung does.

 

But i'd promised eomma to be strong......

......but i can't.....