Walk Down Memory Street

Flower Boy Wolf Pack

You walked down the street in a daze.  Your senses felt numb and it was as if your mind had shut down except it wouldn’t let you forget. 

“You forget all you heard and we will forget all we heard and saw.”  Could you actually forget what you heard?  That Kris guy seemed serious but what if they were dangerous?  Could you really just let them go?  Who was Jason anyway?  Why did he get hurt?  So many questions swam around your head that the numbness was starting to get pierced by a sharp pain.  You looked around in search for a quiet place to rest and saw that you had walked to a park.  It was a sunny day out and there was children playing everywhere.  You saw a girl, around seven or eight, with long brown hair run towards an elderly man, probably in his 50s.  She held out her hand to the man and he smiled and grasped her small hand in his own large wrinkled hand.  The sight of the little girl and the old man reminded you of your father and when he would take you to the park after school.  You and he had a routine or ritual, where you two would play at the park for about an hour and then you would walk to the ice cream shop around the corner from the park.  This was in your old home town where everyone knew everyone.  You two would order two ice cream bowls, one vanilla and the other mint chocolate chip, and you two would sit and watch the cartoons that always played in the ice cream shop.  Your dad would pretend to get something on his shirt and ask you to help him get it off “Sweetie can you grab a napkin and help me clean my shirt.  Mommy won’t be happy with daddy if he has a stain on his shirt.” but when you got close he would kiss your cheek and dab ice cream on your nose or cheek.  He was always making you laugh no matter what happened.  You really wished he was with you right now. 

“Its nice out isn’t it?”  You blinked out of your memory and looked at who spoke.  Jongin that jerk from your first class stood next to you with his arms outstretched, acting as if he was basking in the sunlight. 

“What do you want?”  You mumbled because you really weren’t in the mood to deal with him. 

“Nothing.  I just came to enjoy the beautiful weather.  Decided I might as well enjoy it now since I have detention later.”  He looked at you and smirked. 

“That must really bum you out, huh?  Well maybe next time you won’t be such an arrogant jerk.”  You growled. He threw his hands up as if he surrendered.

“Your right.  I’m sorry for how I acted.”  You rolled your eyes because you knew he was messing with you.

“Haha very funny.  I’m leaving.”  You turned and started walking down the street.  Jongin smiled to himself and ran to catch up with you.

“I’m telling the truth!  I really am sorry.”  He raised his right hand as if he was taking an oath.

“Whatever.  Can you please leave me alone?”  You mumbled.  Your head was still hurting and he was not helping one bit.

“Oh come on!  We both skipped class so why don’t we hang out!”  You could think of several things to say to that statement but you decided to be somewhat nice.

“No.  I want to be alone.”  He frowned.

“Oh come on!  I know this great place…”  He grabbed your arm and you jumped back and yanked your arm out of his grasp.

‘Don’t.  Touch.  Me.”  You growled.  Jongin stared at you in disbelief.  You definitely weren’t like other girls.  Most girls would melt in his presence but you just seemed annoyed by him.

“Sorry.  I… Hey!” Your knees had given out and you fell to the ground.  Your exhaustion finally caught up to you.

“I’m fine.  I just need to rest for a second.”  You tried to slow your breathing.  The world was spinning and you couldn’t help but feel a weird mix of emotions.  You felt confused, anxious, sad, numb, and many more emotions that you couldn’t quite pinpoint. Your stress level had skyrocketed and that was probably why you were so dizzy.

“Do you need me to call an ambulance?”  Jongin asked.

“No!  I said im fine.  You can go.”  Did she hate him that much?  She won’t even let him help her when she is clearly ill.

“Hey I really am sorry about earlier but I am not leaving you on the ground.”  You were going to insist him leaving but he picked you up bridal style before you could say anything.

“YAH!  Put me down!”  You smacked his chest and arms but he didn’t let you down.  He carried you through the park and down the street, the entire time you complained and smacked him repeatedly.  He came to a coffee shop and carried you inside.  Once you were inside he took you to a booth and finally set you down. 

“Man your strong!”  He complained as he rubbed his arms and chest.

“I told you to put me down!”  You yelled. 

“Ugh!  So unappreciative!”  He threw his hands in the air and turned around to leave.  You felt bad because he was just trying to help.  You reached out and caught the end of his blazer.  He stopped and looked back at you.  You blushed and let go of his blazer.

“I… Well… Thanks.”  He smirked at your shy thank you.

“If you want to say thank you then buy my lunch.  I’m hungry!”  He rubbed his stomach and sat across from you on the other side of the booth.  You looked at him in complete confusion. What was up with this guy?  He was a huge jerk in class but now he was being nice?

“Are you okay?” He waved a hand in front of your face, trying to get your attention.  You blinked and smacked his hand away.

“I’m fine.  Order what you want.”  You stood up and tossed fifty dollars onto the table.

“Wait!  I meant buy me lunch and eat with me!”  He said as you started to walk away.  You paused and looked back at him.  He didn’t look like he was messing with you but you really wanted to just go home.

“No… I mean not today.  I have somewhere to be.  Bye.”  And with that you turned and walked out of the coffee shop. 

You walked home and snuck in through the back entrance.  You checked the house to see if Jii Woo was there but she must have went to run errands.  You went to your room and threw yourself on the bed.  This day had been so exhausting!  That school was so weird!  Like how could all the guys be so weird and annoying!  Your mind drifted to Suho and how he had stayed with you during your episode.  He was nice.

“Argh! I just wanted to to be invisible!”  You screamed into your pillow.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.  You laughed at your thought and knew it was false hope.