Shadow Arts

Flower Boy Wolf Pack

 

You wandered down the hall in a daze, just trying to get your heart to stop pounding. 

“Aish!  Why did he have to ask so many questions!?”  You knew he meant well but it still didn’t stop your heart from hurting.  You decided to skip your next class and take the period to just calm down.  You walked down the just looking in doorways and tried to find a quiet, secluded place to hang out.  You came across a door that said “art room 203” and looked inside to find it was empty and the lights were off. 

                              RINGGGGGGGGGGGG

When the bell rang you jumped and almost squeaked.  You knew you weren’t committing a crime but you still felt bad since it was your first day and didn’t want your teachers upset with you.  You contemplated going back to class but then you thought of running into Suho or Chen again and you knew you couldn’t handle any more social interaction today.  So before anyone noticed what you were doing you slipped into the dark art room.  The room reeked of paint fumes and dust.  You searched around on the walls for the light switch and ly one light on.  Getting caught skipping was the last thing you needed today.

The tables were covered in paint splattered cloths and the walls were lined with boxes stacked about half way to the ceiling.  The room had an odd feeling to it but it was better than the feeling of groups of people starring at you and asking questions that made your heart sink deeper into the hole you were trying to climb out of.  You walked around the room to try and find something to do to pass the time.  There wasn’t a lot of art supplies so you couldn’t really do much there.  The chairs in the room were old and rusted.  This must be the “junk” room for broken or unused things.

“Eun Mi…” 

You scanned the room hastily to try and find the source of the voice.  Nobpdy seemed to be there but you could have sworn you heard something. 

“Hello?  Is anyone there?”  You called out.  The room began to go dark and you started to freak out.  The lights flickered on and off.  The dust from the tables lifted and created a dense cloud throughout the room.  

“Eun Mi… Honey.”  You froze when you recognized the voice. 

“Umma?”  You called out in a shaky voice.  You squinted your eyes and looked around the room.  You saw a dark figure standing near the corner of the room next to the covered up windows. 

“Honey!  Where are you?  Honey please come here!”  Your mom yelled.  She sounded scared and frantic.  You slowly walked closer to the figure in the corner but you kept stumbling over boxes.

“Umma!  I’m right here!  Can you see me?”  You yelled out.  The figure stood still and looked around the room.  Could she not see you because of the dust?  Once you got closer to the figure you could distinguish more features about it.  The figure was tall, lean, and had broad but not bulky shoulders.  Mostly you could tell that it was a man and not a woman.  You stopped in your tracks when you realized this.

“Umma?”  You asked with a question.  Your head started to pound and your breaths started coming out harder.  The figure began to move closer to you.  It reached out to you.  You head hurt so bad that you could hardly think.  What the hell was going on?  You looked around frantically and in the opposite corner of the room stood clear as day, your mother.  Your eyes widened and your voice caught in your throat. 

“Honey.  Come here to umma.”  Your mother gestured for you to go to her and give her a hug.  It had been so long since you gave your mother a hug.  You started to walked towards your mother but the figure now behind you had grasped your wrist.  It was pulling you.  You screamed for it to let go of you.

“Honey. Hurry!  Come to me honey!”  Your mom called out.  You reached out towards your mother but she was to far away.  The figure’s grasp was firm and wouldn’t release.  You looked to your mother for help but she was beginning to walk away.

“Umma! Wait! Please!”  You screamed with tears running down your cheeks.  She glanced at you with the kind smile you always saw when you were growing up. 

“I love you honey.”  No.  She can’t leave!  You started to smack the figure and scratch at the hand grasping your wrist.  You pulled and struggled but the figure wouldn’t let go.  You looked where your mother had been and saw her retreating figure.

“Umma!  Please don’t leave me!”  You shrieked.  You pulled your wrist up and bit the figures hand.  It yelled and let go but only to wrap its arms around your waist and pin your arms to your sides. You screamed and cried as you watched your mother fade and disappear into the darkness.

“Umma!!  Um-umma…”  You couldn’t believe what happened.  After blinking a few times the room returned to normal.  The light was back on and the dust looked undisturbed.  You tried to take a deep breathe but your chest hurt.  You went to clutch your chest when you realized your arms were still pinned to your side.  You looked at what was restraining you and you saw Suho looking at you with a very worried expression. 

“Eun Mi!  Eun Mi!  Can you hear me!?”  Suho yelled.  This was the first time you heard him screaming for you. 

“Su-suho?”  You squeaked out.  Your vision began to blur and you felt your knees buckle underneath you.  Suho caught you and slowly laid you on the ground, putting your head in his lap so you were elevated a little, in case you got sick. 

“Eun Mi!  Are you ok?  What wrong?  Please say something!”  Suho was really worried.  You had been talking to yourself when he came into the room and when he called out to you, it was as if you were looking right through him.  You tried to talk but your chest felt tight and the edges of your vision were beginning to go black. 

“Eun Mi what’s wrong!?  Ok im going to take you to the nurse!”  Suho said as he reached into his pocket.  You shook your head and he looked confused.

“Don’t.  Just leave… me alone.  I.  Just need… to calm… down.  Please.  No.  Nurse.”  You begged.  Suho was really worried but you seemed so adamant about not going to the nurse. 

“Ok, but I’m staying here with you.”  You shook your head again.

“I’m ok.  Just go.”  You knew you weren’t ok but you didn’t want anyone seeing you like this.  It was Suho’s turn to shake his head.

“I’m not leaving you.  Don’t argue and just relax. Ok?”  You sighed lightly and decided that it really didn’t matter since he has already seen so much.

“Suh..suho?”  You asked quietly. 

“Yes?”  He asked worriedly.

“Thank you.”  Suho smiled and brushed your hair from in front of your face. 

“Your welcome.”  You smiled inwardly and finally let your eyes close.  Suho stared at your resting face and tried to figure out what just happened.  You seemed to have been yelling for your mother but when he tried talking to you you ignored him or didn’t see him.  You were also crying.  Suho was normally compassionate of others but he felt something diffierent with you.  He felt a need to protect you and make you happy no matter what.  But why did he feel this way for a stranger?  And a mundane stranger at that? 

“Don’t leave me…”  You whispered.  Suho knew that you had fallen asleep but he still felt the need to comfort you.

“I won’t. I will stay right by your side.  I promise.” 

 

 

 

 

So I know I have been gone for a while and I am very sorry!  I am currently a full time student and I work two jobs.  Only time i get to wirte is at night but im normally too tired to stay up but today i couldn't sleep.  Please bare with me because i wrote this chapter in an hour and at 1 am.  I had a dream about a week ago and that is what this chapter is based off of.  Also i would like to say... please!  be kind to your loved ones.  They may make bad decisions and be mean at times but love them all the same.  You never know what the last thing you say to your loved one will be, so don't clinge to the bad memories but instead the good ones.  My family is WAY WAY WAY beyond perfect but i would never wish for another one because they are unique and i love them.  We fight, scream, and hurt each other but we also laugh, compromise, and support each other.  This all was brought up tonight when i found out my aunt slipped and hit her head on a granite table top.  she was rushed to the hospital and is thankfully fine but i was still scared.  I love my family and pray for their health and well being everyday.  Just go out and love the people in your life.  Whether they are positive or negative.  Love is Love. 

Sorry if this got preachy at the end.  Today was a bit crazy and i probably shouldn't be writing while im emotional and tired. XD Oh well.

 

Also as a side note.  My best friend just posted an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING one shot on her account.  Please go like, follow, and upvote her stories at MusicGirl12348.  She is an amzing writer and friend.  I am so happy to have her in my life and i love her so much.