I Want to Hate You

Indecisive Love

*Hana's POV*

I wanted to spend today alone mainly because I had been worrying my friends with my odd behavior. The afternoon in the public gardens was filled with silence as no one was anywhere in sight. I strolled through a bed of colorful tulips when suddenly a cat crossed my path causing me to lose my balance. As I fell, a man caught me from roughly hitting the ground, but I quickly regained my footing and stepped back from the person. To my surprise, I saw Kai gazing at me and stared at him as my face remained expressionless.

"Who's the unhappy one now?" He said noticing my blank face, "Forgot how to smile?"

Averting my eyes away from his handsome face, I studied the white tulip flowers with red fire-like tips.

 

*Kai's POV*

I was fully aware that she was hurt to see me and didn't want to speak to me, but I felt like hugging her close to me and telling her how glad I was to see her. "Hana, how have you been?" I thought that maybe making small talk might get through to her, but instead her expressionless eyes quietly stared at me.

"Since when have you become Ms. Unhappy?"

Hana continued to stare at me but refused to speak forcing me to let out a sigh, “Please say something."

"Please go away, Kai." Her gaze went back to the flowers as soon as she partially lashed out on me.

"No…Hana, why were you in such a rush to leave? Why didn't you wait for us?"

 

*Hana's POV*

"Wait for you?! The whole time my eyes were searching for you and Taemin!"

"Hana, stop pretending that you are unhappy to see us, especially Taemin hyung and me…"

I tried to march pass Kai, but he stopped me in my tracks, "Hana, stop trying to run away from me!" He roughly grabbed a hold of both of my shoulders, "Listen to me, when you boarded the plane-"

"Kai, I don't want to hear anything! Leave me alone!"

Unexpectedly he folded his arm around my waist and embraced me, "I can't believe that we actually found you. You don't know how much I missed you…"

My whole body felt paralyzed under his firm grip, ‘What Yunho oppa said about Kai, could it be true?'

He freed her from his clutch after I didn’t give a reaction, "Hana, Taemin hyung and I came to-"

"Kai, I don't want to listen to anything about him. I hate him and you…" My words took him by shock. I took advantage of this and stepped around him to walk away, but froze a few steps later.

Taemin stood in the middle of the walkway with a stunned expression on his visage. His attractive eyes, which changed from jet black to a chocolate brown in the sunlight, were over-casted. Averting my gaze from him, I brushed past Taemin and rushed to get far away from the two men. Running deep into the thick woods I threw myself against a large tree trying to control my tears, "No matter how hard I try‒I just can't hate you two…"

"Aw isn't that sweet boys," three rough looking men walked up to me, "what is a girl doing in the wood all alone? This place is dangerous, there might be goons running around." His tone was dripping with sarcasm as a smirk formed on his salmon, chapped lips.

‘Why do I always run into trouble? Yunho oppa-Jae oppa oppa-Micky oppa-please help…' Despite my fear of the men I tried to keep a straight face as my feet slowly retreated away from the goons.

"And where do you think you are going?" One of them tried grabbing my hand but received a punch from me instead. "You brat!" He quickly placed his hand on the corner of his busted lip and wiped away the single trail of blood, "What are you waiting for? Get her!"

I hurried to escape from the men, but my high heeled sandals slowed my pace down. Looking ahead instead of downward I tripped on a collection of rocks and brutally scraped my left knee cap and the palm of my right hand.

"Now what are you doing to do?" The goon with the bleeding lip laughed at my feeble position. With the aid of my left hand and a nearby tree, I managed to stand on my feet. "Run, rabbit, run!" The man stepped in my direction as the enjoyed the sight of me being in pain.

 

*Hana's POV*

Seeing the man coming forward I stumbled to run but could not move my injured leg. I closed my eyes as tears cascaded down my red, blood shot eyes.

"Hey you, get out of the way!"

To my shock, when I opened my eyes, a familiar figure was firmly standing in front of me, ‘Taemin…'

He clutched his fist and delivered a punch to the man's already injured face. While Taemin took care of the men, my mind floated back to a similar incident that took place a few years ago.

 

*Taemin's POV*

After dealing with the tree goons who ran away with their tails between their legs, I walked up to Hana. Kneeling down I pulled out my handkerchief and tied it around her bleeding knee-cap. Hana's hand was injured as well, but not as severely as her knee. Seeing her tear filled eyes caused a sharp pain to shoot through my chest. "Please don't cry." I placed both of my hands on her cheeks and wiped away her tears with my thumbs. Turning around I piggy backed Hana on my back and headed to my house. In a short while I felt her face rest against the back of my head and her grip about my neck slightly tighten.

In no time we reached the two story house on the beach front. As soon as I got entered the living room, I was happy to see the house deserted. Going upstairs to my room I placed Hana on my bed and rushed to the bathroom to get the first-aid kit. I cleaned up both of her injuries and wrapped them in clean bandages. Our eyes met but both of us remained quiet as Hana's words kept on repeating in my mind, ‘I hate him…' forcing me to remain silent. She extended her hand out and gave me a folded piece of paper, which I opened and read to myself.

Dear Taemin,

                               We are going to spend our day at the mall and hope that we don't run into any crazy fan girls. You left and he didn't tell us where you were going so we left without you. Hope you don't get too lonely, if you do then come join us at the mall!

Your hyunggie,

                            Jonghyun

P.S. We are going to have pizza for dinner, so I haven't cooked anything! ^^

 

Breaking the awkward silence, I rose up to my feet and saw Hana fighting to keep her heavy eyelids open. I placed a hand on her right shoulder and gently pushed her down on my bed until her head touched the pillow. Placing both of her legs on the bed I pulled my blanket over her body and tucked it under her chin.

 

*Hana's POV*

Taemin tucked me in bed and marched out of the room. ‘I said that I hate him, yet he is still willing to care for me‒why?' I slowly drifted to the land of dreams while thinking about Taemin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you haven't done so, please go take the poll in chapter 6! It'll help a lot. Thanks!! ^-^