Rest Stop

Indecisive Love

*Hana's POV*

After a few hours of driving, we decided to stop at a restaurant to eat and stretch our legs. "Tao, where are we going? You didn't tell me that we are going to be traveling this far." I mumbled to the maknae as we sat in an Italian restaurant, waiting patiently for our food.  I sat in between Tao and Jonghyun, Chen sat across Tao, Taemin was across me, and Kai was sitting across Jonghyun.

"I didn't tell you? I am sorry nuna!" He said and stuck his tongue out as if he did mean a word he said.

"Why did we take the plane?"

"Because driving is more fun and besides if we drive then we can be sure no fan girls will find us‒hopefully."

I giggled at his statement, "Ah those fan girls. They are always stalking you guys, squealing your names in high pitch voices, and trying to get all over you. I thought you would be used to it!"

"Trust me, Hana, we will never get used to it…" Jonghyun replied with a sigh making me laugh at his statement.

"The food is finally here!" Chen exclaimed at the sight of the delicious cuisine, “I am dying of hunger.”

Throughout our dinner Chen, Tao, and I talked the most while Jonghyun and Baekhyun added commentary here and there. At times Kai joined in and gave his opinion, but Taemin remained dead silent. My eyes slowly glanced at him to find him staring down at his meal with his gloomy eyes. I tried to ignore him but seeing him in this condition caused me more pain.

*Baekhyun's POV*

After finishing our dinner the seven of us walked out to our vehicles. Chen and Tao rushed to my car and Jonghyun hyung’s car as we followed them. During the whole meal, when I wasn't involved in any conversations, I studied Taemin who had been very upset. Reaching our vehicles I saw Hana heading to Kai's motorcycle, “Hana.”

"Yeah?" She spun around to look at me with a small smile on her face.

"It dark outside‒not that I don't trust Kai, but I think it would be better if you didn’t go on the motorcycle for your own safety and health."

"Hana, I think Baekhyun hyung is right. I can assure your safety, but it's chilly outside and I don't want you getting sick." Kai said in agreement with me as Jonghyun hyung also added that Hana should ride in a car. Taemin was waiting by the driver seat door for Hana's answer, and after a few minutes of convincing her, she nodded her head.

*Hana's POV*

I agreed to ride with Taemin even though I really wanted to stay with Kai. But when I was on the motorcycle, my injured right knee had started to hurt from sitting in one position for too long. Because of my hurting knee and the constant convincing, I decided to ride in Taemin’s car.

I observed the interior of the Maserati as we once again got onto the highway; everything was furnished in an ebony color which gave the car a stylish feel. I turned my head and looked out the window as a smile formed on my face, ‘Taemin this car suits you perfectly.' The ambience inside was tense and a little awkward since it was filled with nothing but silence. Feeling a little tired I closed my eyes and tilted my head a little to the left. A feeling of something covering my body forced me to slowly open my eyes to see Taemin placing his jacket around me. My eyes moved up to him to find him looking straight ahead on the road expressionless.

‘Why are you doing this, Taemin? The more I try to push you away from me, the more you try to get closer to me. I said that I hate you, yet you helped me out and took care of me. I refused to get close to you, but you are still looking out for me.' Silent tears rolled down my cheeks, ‘Please stop…'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~