Pre-conception: A Promise of Forever

Baby Daddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sandara drummed her fingers on the table, idly flipping a few files with the other. She couldn't for the life of her find enough focus for anything to make sense. She massages the middle of chest with the her forefingers. There was this weird nag inside of her that made her feel like her heart is having indigestion.

She hears the swish of her automatic door and she looks up in time to see Seung hyun step in with an easy smile on his lips. She sighs.

"Tokki, let's go." Seung hyun says as he bobs his head towards the door. He was there to pick her up for their usual MWF lunch date. But finds her leaning back on her seat and shaking her head no.

"I'm eating with Bom today." She tells him.

"What? Why? It's Wednesday! I am your Wednesday! Bom gets you on TTh." He walks up to her and takes her phone and presses the device on her ear. "You tell her I'm your Wednesday!"

"Too late, I'm already here." A voice announces from the door. Seung hyun grimaces at the new comer, a red head in a short, fitted symmetrical dress that could only be described as y.

"I'm her Wednesday!" He argues, still his hand on Dara's hand phone pressed on the girl's ear. Sandara pushes his hand down.

"Oh stop the tantrum Seung hyun!" Dara exclaims. "I need to talk to Bom. We'll see each other later for your suit fitting anyway." She adds, another sigh escaping her lips.

Seung hyun turns to his best friend and pouts. "But it's Wednesday."

"I know!" Sandara says exasperated. "I'm going to tell her about... "She leans in to whisper, "you know what."

"Oh." Seung hyun leans away, easing his hand away from Dara, placing her phone neatly on the table and heading for the door. He looks back and gives Dara an encouraging, "good luck! See you later." Before he completely heads out.

"What was that?" Bom asks as she flops down on one of the seat opposite to Dara's.

"Uhm. The father of my future child?" Dara says sheepishly as the file in her hands shuffle to a close.

---

Bom was staring at her like she had grown a second head, hanged open and her eyes wide. Sandara tosses her salad with her fork, sighs and drank a large gulp of mimosa.

"What the hell, Dara?!" Bom blurts out.

Back in her office, there had been that brief excited Bom who was happy to hear that Seung hyun and Dara had finally, finally gotten together. She had taken Dara's hand in hers and she brightens up, "Oh my god! Finally! I mean I always knew you'd be together in the end and a baby just wow!"

"What? No!" Dara snatches her hand away. "I mean yes to the baby, no to the together part."

Bom narrows her eyes in confusion, "what?"

Dara takes a deep breath and releases, "Seung hyun and I decided to have a kid together. Since I'm not getting any younger and I don't have a boyfriend or anything near to it! And Seung hyun has good genes! And we have been friends forever and we mean to keep it that way, and he's the best choice to be the father of my kid... And... And..." She had meant to keep on talking, in a single breath like she had begun. But she sees Bom's wide eyes almost to bugging out. "Bom?" Dara calls out.

And that has been Bom's face since the news. It was kind of a surprise how Dara has successfully wrestled her to a restaurant but now this.

"What the hell, Dara? You do know that this is an awful idea! It's unnatural and weird and it's Seung hyun for crying out loud! He sleeps with women left and right! He can't keep a relationship longer than 2 weeks and fatherhood I assure you last longer than that!"

Sandara purses her lips, "I know that. But we're not together so it's not like him sleeping with women affects me or the child, you know." Bom looks at her in visible disbelief. "Don't look at me like that, I know what I'm doing. Seung hyun may be an irresponsible boy friend but he had been a terrific friend and..." Sandara smiles at the idea, "I'd think he'd be a great dad."

"Are you sure?"

The clatter of silver ware resounds in the background and a smile forms on Dara's lips, "yes, I'm sure. I know him better than anyone else."

Dara had known Seung hyun most of her life and all of his. Their mothers had been bestfriends and Sandara had met Seung hyun while he was still in her mother's belly. She had little memories of her childhood but oddly the warmth of Seung hyun's mother's round tummy on her eight month stuck out in her mind. She could still remember feeling that kick on her small hands and the wide eyed wonder she had worn at that moment.

"You will be a noona soon." His mother had told her gently. And she was beside herself in excitement at the idea. She had bitten her lips  and grinned happily. A noona! She will be a noona.

She was three when he came into the world and such a small child he was. At that moment, she had sworn to protect him with all her might, in all innocence that a child possess. Seung hyun's first words was umma, then appa and much to Sandara's glee, noona came soon after. And they have been together ever since. She loved him from the day he was born and a few months before that and he adored her just the same. He followed her everywhere, and followed everything she said to the tee. She knew him best as he knew her best and that had stayed the same to this day.

Sandara had been staring of to space, the memory of a younger her and a younger Seung hyun drift in and out of her reverie. She doesn't even know how her conversation ended with Bom, nor did she know the work she did that came after.

"What do you think?" Seung hyun calls her attention and she blinks at him in slight confusion then exhales.

"No."

"What do you mean no?" Seung hyun pouts candidly at her and she smiles at the man who was still a boy in her thoughts. Seung hyun looked dashing in a beige suit with a black button up shirt on the inside, a red slim tie ran fluidly down the middle of his chest.

"No to everything!" She uncrossed her legs and pushes herself up from the comforts of the dressing room couch. She approaches him, her heels muffled by the plush carpet. She nonchalantly reached up to his tie's knot, undid it and slid the tie out of his collar. "No colours, I told you! Tonight I want you in a classic black and white suit. Stop trying to stand out." She began to his shirt.

He grimaces, "what's wrong with standing out?"

"It's a charity ball." She tells him as she pulls at the hem of his shirt, coaxing it out of his pants. She feels his stare on her and she looks up and catches a mischievous grin on his face. "What?"

"Nothing. Just thinking how you're such an expert in undressing me. You'll have no trouble when we..."

She pinches his ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter