Almost Regret

Death Wish

   The eleven hour flight from Seoul to LA in Brave Duble Tiger’s private jet felt like a five star hotel.

   Jackson was acting belligerent and harassing the flight attendants.

   Hakyeon is at the bar, shuffling through the crisp $100 US bills he picked up from the currency exchange. “Hana, dul, set...” for every 10 bills he counts he takes another shot of whiskey.

   His conscious stirs as the memory of Yong-Guk and the sadness in his voice as he explained their struggles with TS entertainment.

   Hakyeon recalled Taekwoons kind soul reaching out in full support, offering everything he owned to help B.A.P.

   Hakyeon always admired Taekwoon for his generosity and gentle spirit. A side of Taekwoon, few people were fortunate enough to encounter.

   Hakyeon hesitated to take another shot as he suddenly felt Taekwoons eyes on the back of neck, that glare of dismay that required no explanation. He glanced behind his shoulder, nothing, "I'm losing my mind."

   He drowns his lingering convictions in another shot of liquor then tries to stand up. He stumbles out of his seat and falls into plush carpet. Sleep hits him immediately.

   “HYUNG! Wake up! We’re here!” Hakyeon wakes up with Jackson on top of him pulling his shirt collar.
   
   Hakyeon pushes him off, rolls over and starts to vomit violently. The bitter liquid burns his throat.
   
   Hakyeon's head is spinning as he struggles to stand up.
   
   The flight attendant quickly comes to his aid with a hangover remedy. Jackson handed her a hundred dollar bill and stuffed the rest of the cash into a briefcase.
   
   He grabbed Hakyeon by the arm and dragged him towards the exit, Hakyeon struggled to keep up.