The Proposal

Death Wish

   "Ever since Taekwoons death Jellyfish Entertainment has been in a slump. I invited you all here tonight, not to mourn his death, but to celebrate his life. Let's toast to Leo!"

   CEO Hwang raised his glass and the party followed.

   Hakyeon was seated between Rovix and CEO Hwang. Rovix grabbed the glass out of Hakyeons hand right before it met his lips.  

   Hakyeon shoved himeslf back in his chair and crossed his arms, his knees bouncing impatiently as beads of sweat formed on his face.

   Hakyeons phone buzzed. A text from Jackson, 'Are you almost ready, I’m outside.’

   Hakyeon stood up suddenly and grabbed his coat interrupting the party. All eyes were on him.

   Rovix threw his head into his hands in frustration.

   As Hakyeon made his way toward the exit Hyuk ran after him and grabbed his shoulder, “Hyung, lets hang out tonight please? I miss you. I really need you right now.”

   Hyuks words pierced Hakyeons heart.

   He recalled several nights that he and Taekwoon helped Hyuk overcome his fears and struggles.

   Hakyeon looked into Hyuks brown eyes, wide and welling up with tears, “let’s hang out at the dorm tonight ok? I’ll be back, I promise,” Hakyeon said as he squeezed his shoulder.

   Hyuk nodded and watched Hakyeon turn his back on the entire Jellyfish team and walk out the door.

   CEO Hwang slammed his drink on the table and glared at Rovix, “you better get control of your boys HeeJung, or your career is over!” 

   As soon as Hakyeon stepped out of the restaurant he was swarmed with camera flashes and microphones. He shoved his way thru the crowd  to a shiny white Hummer Limousine. The driver opened the door and Hakyeon stepped inside to meet Jackson.

   “Wow, riding in style tonight?” Hakyeon asked Jackson as he loosened his tie.

   Jackson smiled and handed Hakyeon glass and poured some champagne. “Hyung, all this drama is depressing me. I want to party until I forget but all these trashy reporters make our life hell. I can’t even take a without someone writing a story,” Jackson explained as he handed Hakyeon a handful of pills.

   Hakyeon accepted without hesitation and Jackson continued, “I got access to Brave’s jet,” he leaned back in his seat, sipped his champagne and said, “I got connections in America, Roy Choi is my hyungnim… all we need is some cash and the world will be ours.”

   Jackson poured more champagne for Hakyeon and himself. Hakyeon thought for a minute and looked up, “the B.A.P. fund!"

   Hakyeon's face brightened, "Taekwoon and I were saving up to help Bang start up Free Music Ent. But it’s useless now, Taekwoon is gone. We have close to a billion won in that account!”

   Jackson grinned with excitement, “that’ll do! Let’s leave tonight!”

   “Tonight? But I promised Hyu--- ah it! Let’s do this!"