Not yet a director

Tonight (이 밤) | Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"SugohaesseoYou worked hard.," Youngbae patted Mino on the back after his hobae's shoot. Just a few more scenes and they will be done with the filming. 

Mino bowed repeatedly and went back to where Winner's manager and staff was waiting for him. He asked them how he did, and they all said he was good. He was smiling while he stood by and watched his sunbae filming again. He decided to go to the filming staff and monitored the filming.

"Why are you still here?" Haewon asked him when she saw him sitting by one of the computers, watching his clips over and over again.

"Why does my face look bloated here?" Mino asked, pausing the clip and pointing to his face on the screen. "I don't like it. Do it again."

"Your face had always been bloated," she said, not bothering herself to look at the screen.

"Ya. You're a bad director."

"I'm not yet a director," she replied. "I'm just an assistant. And because Director Choi said that scene is okay, I'm okay with it. You should be, too."

Mino made a face at her and continued to whine. "But my face looks bloated!"

"No it doesn't," she snapped. "That's way less fat than you had in middle school. Now, why don't you go rest on your hotel, now? Aren't you cold?"

Mino smirked. "Is that concern I hear from you?"

"Nope. Just me shooing you off."

Mino pointed a finger at Haewon. "Steer clear of Youngbae-hyung."

She snorted. "I can't do that, I'm sorry. Now be the good boy you're not and take a good rest. You should enjoy your free time." With that she left him to check on the camera angles for the last shooting.

 

**********


Everyone clapped their hands when Director Choi called "Cut!" for the last time. Haewon could breathe again. They had done it. Her synopsis was made into a music video, and will soon be out to the public. The artist being Taeyang was only a plus. All the staff in the set bowed at each other and patted each other's backs.

"Dinner in two hours!" one staff said and everyone cheered.

"Finally!" Haewon breathed.

"Can't we stay here?" Haewon's colleague, Hyunae asked, folding a tripod and helping Haewon put it in its box. "I still have nowhere to go. That fat ajhumma kicked me out of the apartment."

"I thought you payed the rent last week?"

"Yeah, but she said she will sell the whole apartment!"

"You can stay at my place for the meantime," Haewon offered. "It's lonely in my apartment."

"Really?" Hyunae dropped the box and hugged Haewon. "Thanks!"

"But we'll split the bills, Unnie! I know you have to pay for your brother's schooling, so I'll take care of the rent."

"Do you need any help with that?" They both stared at Taeyang when he spoke. They didn't realize he was coming. Haewon thought he already left with his staff.

"It's okay, we can carry them," Haewon said. "You should go back, Sir, it's cold here."

Youngbae took the box from Haewon anyway. She didn't know the guy would ever bother to carry other people's weight. She thought idols like him would always have their managers and stylist around and would not be bothered to carry anything, even their own bags. Especially someone with a big name as Taeyang. But she figured it would be rude if she snatched the camera away from him. Besides, he asked nicely! She's not the type to refuse a gentleman.

The three of them walked to the staff's van and Taeyang handed the camera to one male staff. He talked with the staff a bit more as Haewon and Hyunae got inside the car. Haewon thanked Taeyang, and he just smiled in return. This wasn't the first time 


********


"To Taeyang and YG Ent, and to getting number one again on the charts!"

The whole team had rented a small restaurant to celebrate three days of hard work. It was also the last time they could gather together before they got back to Seoul. The younger people are sitting on one table, having a totally different conversation than their elders, but they still looked at head cameraman Han Jungyuk when the man went for a toast. Everyone lifted their glasses in response.

Taeyang stood, too, and bowed while thanking every one. Him attending this kind of gathering surprised Haewon, as well. She didn't think he'd be the one to spend one night drinking and eating with the filming crew.

"Thank you to all the crew, Director Choi, my buddy over there, Mino, and especially Im Haewon-ssi for lending me her ideas..."

Mino glared at Haewon across their table. She rebeliously stuck out a tongue at him, and he aimed a whack at her, then she rolled her eyes. Mino tried to grab the crab sushi she had on her plate, but she swatted his chopsticks with her own and dove for Mino's beef slice instead(and succeeding). He glared at her some more, and she laughed at him.

"You seem close," Hyunae muttered to her.

"We're not," Haewon shrugged. "We just went to the same school since first grade."

Hyunae's eyes grew big. "Oh my gosh! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Uhm, you never asked."

Hyunae lightly smacked her thigh under the table and smiled at Mino. "Eat more, Mino-ssi."

"Noona, you can call me Mino." ^___^

"Flirt," Haewon mouthed at him and went on eating.


**********


Haewon felt surreal. She was excited and scared at the same time about the music video. What if it didn't sell, and it will be a total waste of everyone's time? And money? And efforts? But just the thought of one of her ideas out there for the public brought goosebumps up her arms. Director Choi already about getting more offers later on.

The director came to know her first when Haewon saved his daughter. It was six years ago and she was on her way home from her college and she saw a guy grabbing a little girl about seven years old. The girl was squirming and was trying to call for help as the guy dragged her to an alley behind the school campus. Haewon called the cops and followed them and put her black belt in Taekwondo to good use. By the time the cops came, the guy was already beat up and the girl was already safe. The man was imprisoned and went to trial, and Haewon went as a witness. After three months, the guy was sentenced guilty for three cases and one attempted . The child's father, Director Choi, made it his life promise to help Haewon with her career in the film industry. The man was already like a second father to Haewon and she was thankful for him for a lot of things already.

"You always doubt yourself," he patted her shoulder on their way inside the elevator. "You should trust yourself more."

"I wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter