Goodbye, Hello

Tonight (이 밤) | Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cliche. Rain on a funeral. Black umbrellas, black clothes, but there could be nothing darker than her feeling that day as her dad opened the lid to the urn and scattered Jiwon's ashes. Standing beside her mom, was Im Haewon, holding a frame in her hand that held a picture of a girl with the same face as her. Her mother was crying buckets, but Haewon's eyes were dry. Jiwon would hate it if she cried.

She felt empty, like she was watching her own funeral. And it has nothing to do with her sister being a striking image of her. Maybe it's because when that truck hit her sister, a huge part of her died, too. Before their birth, they had been together. Their whole life, they've never been apart. At 23, they didn't tire of each other and lived in the same apartment, forever roommies. But now, Jiwon had gone to a place where Haewon can't reach her.

When the funeral ended, everyone of the people around her came to say their last condolences before they left, but it was all a blur for her. A heobae from school, Song Dana, came and hugged her. She was crying, too. A lot of people were, actually.

Among them, a tall guy silently let his tears fall. He regretted all the times that he hurt Jiwon, when he left her to pursue his dream and become an artist in the music industry. Song Mino finally pulled up his courage and came up to the girl with the same face as his ex girlfriend and hugged her. She hugged him back but the movement was robotic, as if she was in a trance. Mino's sister, Dana, held Haewon, her eyes already puffy from crying. Mino's Mom came soon and hugged Haewon, too, and they walked to the area where they parked their cars together. Dana held her mom's hand and they walked a bit ahead of Mino and Haewon.

"She'll hate all the fuss, really," Haewon said.

Mino laughed, remembering Jiwon. "That's for sure."

They both sighed deeply. Mino absentmindedly rested his hand on Haewon's shoulder and he felt as if he was with Jiwon, still. Their frames were the same, even their voice sounded similar. But they couldn't be more different. Jiwon was the soft, gentle one. She was so delicate and Mino just felt like he should protect her. He never saw Jiwon angry, not even once, and she'd accepted it when he told her they had to break up because he was accepted as a trainee in YG Entertainment. On the other hand, Haewon was the strong one, always protective over her twin sister, even though she was only nine minutes older. She had hated Mino for a long time because she thought he was just playing with Jiwon, even though they were all friends before all of that. She was even closer to Mino than Jiwon, since she tutored Dana before. Mino guessed Haewon was just jealous, thinking Mino was taking away her sister from her.

"I miss her already," she said as they were nearing the parking area.

"Tell me about it," Mino agreed.

"You're used to missing her, I'm not. We're living in the same apartment...and now I have to go there alone."

"I'll take you there."

Mino had said that because that was what a guy was supposed to do. But honestly, he didn't want to have to look at Haewon's face and feel the hurt of losing Jiwon for good, all over again. And he also said it because he knew she would refuse.

"I'm gonna stay with my parents for a while longer before going back there, though. I might sell the apartment and just move to another."

"Okay, just call whenever you feel like it."

Which they both knew will be never. She still hasn't forgiven Mino for leaving Jiwon, but today is not about her so she just let Mino go. She was glad she never have to see him again.

How very wrong she was.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"How was it?" Seungyoon asked Mino when he got back to the dorms.

"Sad. How'd you think it'd go?"

"I'm sorry, hyung."

Mino just nodded and went inside his room. Jinwoo came in next and asked him if Mino wanted to eat. He said he didn't feel like it, so Jinwoo just left. Mino was the biggest pig in their group and him not wanting to eat didn't sound so good.

"We gotta go to Japan tomorrow, you know that, right?" Seunghoon had poked his head in Mino's room. "You should pack."

"Arasseo, hyung."

Mino's body felt as if it weren't his own as he opened his suitcase and started packing. He had to pull himself up because he was a very busy person. He couldn't afford to plunge into grief at the moment. He was done before he knew it. They had been doing this a lot so he almost didn't think much about what he was doing and just started putting clothes inside. He soon laid back on his bed and stared at the ceiling. He reached for his phone and went to his voicemailbox.

"I heard you were going to Japan! I have tickets! I'm gonna see you perform there, I'm so happy."
"You should really give me passes, I want to meet CL! Please."
"We're still friends, aren't we? Why aren't you answering me. Introduce me to CL! And Bom. And Minzy. And Dara. Mino please."

She had been an avid 2ne1 fan. And in three days, YG Family was going to have a concert in Japan. It has to go on with one less audience though. Mino fell asleep with his phone on his hand after listening to voicemails that Jiwon had left two weeks ago. He couldn't answer her at that time because he was busy with lessons and they still had to write two songs for the concert.

Yeah, Jiwon. Sure. I'll introduce you to them. It's the least I could do.


~~~~~~~~~~~


"You should go," Dana told her on the phone.

"I got two tickets, and I always refused this," Haewon muttered. "I can't go there alone."

"I can come with you!" Dana squealed, forcing her to put her phone a foot away from her ear. "Please please please. Let me come!"

"Your mom won't let you. What about school?"

"Eonni...." She can already imagine Dana's cute pout. Why can't she say no to this kid?! "If you tell her you need me to go with you, she'll let me! Besides, Oppa is there! They're performing, too."

"Which tells me not to go," she said, making her mind. "Tell you what, I'll give you the tickets, and you and your mom can go. I'll even pay for your plane tickets."

"Eonni! You know my mom can't leave work! Eo, eonni? Thanks! She's back and I'll her I'm going with you to Japan!"

"Mwo? Japan?!" Haewon heard Dana's mom from the background.

Dana ended the call and she could tell the girl threw all her aegyos to her mother. Haewon can only shook her head. Feeling hungry, she got up from her bed and cooked ramyeon. She liked cooking but she didn't feel like it, being alone in the apartment and all. Jiwon was her biggest customer when she cooks, an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter