Chapter 51

Baby Don't Cry

"Do you want to talk here.. or do you want to go somewhere else?" 

"Huh?" 

"Are you spacing out?" Yoona asked while restraining herself from smiling and Kai raised his brows not really having any idea what Yoona had asked him just now. No, it's not because he's uninterested but because a lot of thoughts are running on his mind that it made him space out too. 

"I'm sorry.. what are you saying?" Kai asked and Yoona noticed that his cold voice is now gone making her unconciously smile and of course Kai noticed this but then didn't bother to ask her why anymore. 

"Do you want to talk here or somewhere else?" Yoona asked and Kai pondered about it first. Sensing this, Yoona smiled while looking at him. "Have you eaten already?" Yoona then asked again making Kai stop thinking about his answer about her previous question. 

"I did" Kai answered and Yoona nodded her head. "Have you made up your mind?" Yoona asked and Kai nodded his head before letting out a sigh. "What is it then? Do you want us to stay and talk here?" Yoona asked and even when she sees that Kai isn't talking to her that much, she tries her best to gain even if it's just a little bit of his trust again. 

"I don't like it here" Kai said while having an uncomfortable look and Yoona nodded her head. "I know a nearby aquarium facility.. you want to go there?" Yoona asked and Kai nodded his head. Standing up, Yoona awkwardly motioned Kai to follow him and Kai did so. 

"I brought my car with me.. let's go" Kai said when Yoona was about to walk towards the bus stop. Nodding her head, Yoona followed Kai to his car and unexpectedly, Kai opened the car door for her motioning her to go inside taking Yoona by surprise. 

To be honest, Yoona thought that Kai's going to atleast ignore her and avoid talking to her but she's wrong. 

For her, it's better to see Kai being all quiet than to see him intentionally ignoring her. 

Giving him the directions, Yoona and Kai arrived easily at the aquarium. "I'll get the tickets" Kai said as soon as they both got out of the car and Yoona furrowed her brows before trailing behind him towards the entrance. 

"I should be the one getting it.. I'm the one who asked to go here" Yoona said and Kai glanced at her before looking back straight causing Yoona to frown. Walking towards the ticket counter, Kai got tickets for him and for Yoona but as soon as he handed her the ticket, he noticed the frown visible on her face. 

"Why are you sulking?" Kai asked and Yoona frowned even more. "I should have been the one who bought the tickets" Yoona sulked even more and Kai wanted to pinch her cheeks upon the adorable sight but he restrained himself knowing that he needs to stop himself from falling for her further and further. 

By why falling for Yoona seemed to be like a bottomless pit?

Sigh. 

"Is there something wrong?" Yoona's voice broke his chain of thoughts. Shaking his head, Kai forced a smile before looking away. "Don't worry.. I might be hungry later and I want it to be your treat since you suggested to go here" Kai said before walking away and Yoona smiled before catching up to him. 

Enjoying themselves at the aquarium, Yoona and Kai would lie if they will say that they didn't enjoy that whole new experience. Some people even recognized them but of course, the two made sure that nothing will bother them except for a few people recognizing them as the heir and the heiress of both of their family companies. 

Going at the last stop, Yoona and Kai walked through the big tunnel as Yoona watched as the fishes swam above her. Wanting to take pictures, Yoona lifted her phone up but then stopped when she saw Kai's reflection on her phone. 

Yoona smiled as she watched Kai trail behind her with a small smile visible on her face. Turning around, Yoona saw Kai looked away and pretended to be busy looking at the fishes, shaking her head, Yoona decided to resume walking. 

"Aren't you tired yet?" Kai asked as soon as they reached the end of the tunnel. "Not that much.. what about you?" Yoona asked and Kai scratched his nape before shaking his head. "I'm not" Kai said before glancing at his wristwatch and saw that it was almost lunch time. 

"Let's go have something to eat.. I'm hungry" Kai said and Yoona nodded her head in agreement. 

"The view's great here. It's beautiful" Yoona said while looking out of the glass walls of the restaurant, not wanting to waste any time looking for any place to eat anymore, Yoona and Kai decided to only eat at the restaurant that's inside the aquarium too. Why wouldn't she when it's the beautiful sea right? But Kai seemed to be in opposition of her.

You're much more beautiful, Kai thought as he continued to eat his lunch.

"Yeah.." Kai answered shortly but Yoona seemed to be enjoying the view.

"I won't get tired of staring outside as long as it's as beautiful as this" Yoona said while still looking outside the glass walls with a smile. Stopping what he was doing, Kai stared at Yoona before nodding his head. 

I like staring at your face more, he thought. 

"Are you done?" Kai asked and Yoona stopped looking outside and glanced at her barely touched lunch before nodding her head. "You barely ate" Kai said with a hint of worry and care on his voice causing Yoona to smile. 

"I ate a heavy breakfast.. that's why" Yoona said with an assuring smile and Kai nodded his head before leaving a few bills on the table and standing up. "Let's go" He said and Yoona nodded her head before walking out of the restaurant. 

"Kai" 

"Yes?" 

"Can we not go home yet?" 

"Why?" 

"Can we take a walk on the coast?" Yoona asked hesitantly and Kai closed the car door before nodding his head. "Let's go there then" Kai said before turning his back away from his car and Yoona smiled before walking beside him since the coast is just near the aquarium too.

"Kai" Yoona called as soon as they were both walking down at the coast. 

"What is it?" Kai asked while looking down on the path where he's walking. Looking up, he saw Yoona stopping her pace before turning to face him. "Let's talk" She said with such a serious voice and Kai nodded his head. 

"What do you want to talk about then?" Kai asked and Yoona sighed. "Us" She said causing Kai's expression to change into a cold one. 

"What is it about us then?" Kai asked and Yoona took a deep breath before answering him back. 

"Do you really mean what you said the night before? Do you really like me?" Yoona asked and Kai lifted his gaze up meeting Yoona's eyes halfway. Taking a deep breath, Kai gathered all the courage he had as he nodded his head.

"I mean it" He sincerely and honestly answered causing Yoona to smile a little bit looking away. 

"Took you long enough" Yoona said and Kai raised his brows before giving her a confused look. "What do you mean?" Kai asked.

"You know.. I've always had this instinct that you like me but I ignored it never considering that I was right after all" Yoona said with a smile and Kai furrowed his brows even more and Yoona took a deep breath before looking straight into his eyes. 

"I like you too Kai" Yoona said and Kai felt himself froze on the spot. 

"But you have Luhan.. stop playing games" Kai said bitterly while looking away and he felt Yoona's soft hand placed on both of his cheeks and before he knew it, he was staring back at Yoona's eyes. 

"He let me go Kai.. let me be honest with you now. We're supposed to marry each other, it was our parent's plan but after he saw that my happiness is you.. Luhan chose to let me go and let me chase after you instead. I'm sorry if I disregarded you and your feelings before. I was blind and I thought that the happiness I felt when I'm with Luhan isn't temporary.. I thought it's lifelong already and I'm fine with him being by my side forever but after everything got clear to me.. I realized that it's you I want all along and not him" Yoona explained and Kai felt his lungs stricken. 

Should he be happy?

"What.. I don't.. I don't know.." Kai asked or more like questioned himself and Yoona noticed insecurities on his eyes. 

"He's fine with it.. don't worry.. or.. is it because you don't like me anymore?" Yoona asked sounding hurt and Kai immediately looked at her. 

"No" He abruptly answered. "I fell hard enough for you for me to turn back" Kai said and Yoona smiled before letting go of him and taking a step back causing Kai to look at her in confusion. 

"Why.. Why don't we give each other chances then?" Yoona asked and Kai smiled before nodding his head. "It's not too late isn't it?" Yoona asked and taking her by surprise, Kai suddenly kneeled infront of her.

"I know I have nothing to give you right now but my heart.. but Im Yoona are you willing to take this jerk as the guy that's going to own your heart? I promise to change and I promise not to hurt you nor make you cry in pain anymore.. I won't ignore you anymore, I'll protect you, I'll love you, I'll stay by your side as much as you want me to" Kai said and Yoona smiled and felt tears already b on her eyes. 

Helping him up, Yoona nodded her head as Kai wiped her tears away. 

"Is that a yes then?" Kai asked and Yoona nodded her head before giving him a tight hug.

"A thousand times yes" 

______________________________________________________________________

A/N: fluffly? no? 

I cannot believe that I'm going to get a year older again o.O 

WAAAAH! I"M GOING TO DIE SOON >< I'm old T.T

BaekYeon next!